TVW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

A CSU qb from the past faced the same opportunity that TVW is going to get this season. I think it could have been Garret Grayson, but if I recall correctly he lost his starting job his freshmen year to come back and take over later in his career and becoming a high level player.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I hope he just settles in and that we utilize our TEs heavily. Valladay is one hell of a back, and our TEs are great both in blocking and when it comes to making catches, so I could see us sustaining drives if we just keep it simple and TVW gets the ball out of his hands quickly.

On top of that, though, our D-Line needs to get consistent pressure, because our secondary loses their matchup every time otherwise.
Wyoklaelk
Ranch Hand

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:53 am A CSU qb from the past faced the same opportunity that TVW is going to get this season. I think it could have been Garret Grayson, but if I recall correctly he lost his starting job his freshmen year to come back and take over later in his career and becoming a high level player.

Looking forward to seeing what he can do.
Screw you and your adoring csu recollections....

Haha
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Go Pokes! TVW is confident going into this according to 7220 site.
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

He did much better than I thought he would against Boise. Not quite as worried about the remaining games. Thought it would be a blow out without chambers.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

He did well. The only bad play was that flea flicker, which was doomed from the get go.

Really wish more RPOs were called, he executed those perfectly. Plus they keep the defense guessing where the ball is going.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 104 times

What a great game from Tyler! It was nice to see catchable passes that were for the most part on target. He's improved a TON from last season!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

I thought TVW managed the game well for the most part and certainly throws a better ball than Chambers. The 3rd and short plays tended to be handoffs rather than QB keepers that we likely would have seen with Chambers. That said, we really missed the dynamic playmaking ability that Chambers brings and I do think Chambers would have led the offense to more points most likely.

Damn, I wish we could just add the skill sets of TVW and Chambers into a single QB! (of yea - we had a guy like that by the name of Josh Allen).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:43 pm I thought TVW managed the game well for the most part and certainly throws a better ball than Chambers. The 3rd and short plays tended to be handoffs rather than QB keepers that we likely would have seen with Chambers. That said, we really missed the dynamic playmaking ability that Chambers brings and I do think Chambers would have led the offense to more points most likely.

Damn, I wish we could just add the skill sets of TVW and Chambers into a single QB! (of yea - we had a guy like that by the name of Josh Allen).
Chambers' ypa (yards per attempt) was actually really good.Like 35th in the country. That is perhaps the best measure of a QB passing the ball. Just a little food for thought.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 3:47 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:43 pm I thought TVW managed the game well for the most part and certainly throws a better ball than Chambers. The 3rd and short plays tended to be handoffs rather than QB keepers that we likely would have seen with Chambers. That said, we really missed the dynamic playmaking ability that Chambers brings and I do think Chambers would have led the offense to more points most likely.

Chambers' ypa (yards per attempt) was actually really good.Like 35th in the country. That is perhaps the best measure of a QB passing the ball. Just a little food for thought.
Definitely an interesting stat. However, YPA is a bit deceiving because inaccuracy can cause drives to stall. From a scoring and keeping the defense off the field standpoint, you are better off with a QB that is 18-20 for 160 yards (8 YPA) than a QB that is 6-20 for 180 yards (9 YPA).