Looking ahead....

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Does anyone else feel that the rest of our game are just as winnable as the ones we have already played?
Boise is most definitely beatable without their qb and their not quite the monster they usually are, heck they lost to YBU.
Utah St is nowhere near the juggernaut everyone thought they were, and their defense definitely has holes, and Love is playing nowhere near the level of last year.
CSU, their record and losses speak for themselves, they just aren't very good.
Air Force, we just know how to play them, rarely does it get out of hand. And I feel it will be a defensive sluggfest, and a very quick game. Honestly this is the scariest remaining game we have in my opinion.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Every game is winnable just as every game is losable. This is a tough 4 game stretch however you slice it going on the road to Boise, Logan and the Springs and the Border War.

To look at this from a reasonable perspective 2-2 would be a success. That said, let’s go 4-0 and avenge the SDSU loss in the MWC championship game.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Does anyone else feel that the rest of our game are just as winnable as the ones we have already played?
None of the last four games is remotely close to New Mexico or Nevada.
Both NM and Nev are teams in disarray. From here on out we won't see anything
like them.

and...UW always does the poke choke on the road.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

castlerocker wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 2:28 pm and...UW always does the poke choke on the road.
Especially after a bye week. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Each game is winnable!

AF is good, but we will play them tough

Boise is not unbeatable.

CSU is not bad, but you can bet we’ll show up for that one.

USU looked like crap last night and their offense is sputtering
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

SDSU is ranked now... kind of crazy that if we had pulled that one out, it likely would've been us being ranked instead.

That said, it's nice to be heading into November knowing we still COULD finish the season ranked.

Just need to win out ;)
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 5:01 pm SDSU is ranked now... kind of crazy that if we had pulled that one out, it likely would've been us being ranked instead.

That said, it's nice to be heading into November knowing we still COULD finish the season ranked.

Just need to win out ;)
Won't be easy. The howdy doodies are as solid as ever, USU will be a pain, and though BSU has vulnerabilities, they are always hard to play against, especially in Boise. The sheep can do damage against teams like Fresno, and considering out secondary, our DBs will need to step up.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

6-2, bowl eligible before reaching November. Pokes should be plenty confident.

Concerns: lack of clarity on Chambers' injury, 1-2 on the road, and that one win wasn't flattering vs. now 2-5 Texas St. (three of last four are on the road).

I said 8-4 before the season, and I'll stick around there with 9-3 certainly a potential likelihood.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I don't feel super confident about any of the remaining games. CSU is our most winnable game, but they are a rival, and you never know. That being said, I wouldn't be shocked if we win three of the four.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

I'm feeling great looking back....not so great looking ahead. Maybe it's my "sky is falling" impulse that comes really easily to me as a poke fan (sarcasm). I don't see us winning the road games ahead of us. I have not seen anything yet that makes me think we can play well on the road. Ironically our road loss to SDSU looks pretty good right now....That SDSU qb played out of his mind that game and Wyoming wins that one if he doesn't.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

We beat Missouri so I think that if we played well we can beat anybody left on our schedule. Having said that, we are just not good enough to win 3 out of the four without some turnovers and even some defensive points. This is mainly because our offensive scheme is predictable and poor for the most part. I don't think we have played our best game either. My guess is that we go 1-3. I do believe that Utah State is a great possibility to knock off if we play our best. This is my gut feeling and I hope that I am totally wrong about it lol....
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

I can see the next 4 going either way. 3 tough roadies and a rivalry at home.

I'm going to plant myself firmly on the fence at 2-2.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

My guess...we're either end up going...

3-1 with only loss at Smurf Central

OR

1-3 with the only win being against Fort Fart!!!!

Take your pick, guys.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
aranderson
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:25 pm My guess...we're either end up going...

3-1 with only loss at Smurf Central

OR

1-3 with the only win being against Fort Fart!!!!

Take your pick, guys.
I'm in this exact same boat, however I do see 2-2 playing out as well.
We beat both Aggie schools and lose to the falcons and Smurfs.

I also wouldn't be shocked (yes I would and love it) if we finished our 4-0
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

Something to consider, guys, should HEAVEN FORBID we end up winning all 4 remaining games...we'll need someone else to beat San Diego State in order for Wyoming to host the 2019 MWC Championship game. SDSU has the first tiebreaker over us...they beat us already.
aranderson
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm Something to consider, guys, should HEAVEN FORBID we end up winning all 4 remaining games...we'll need someone else to beat San Diego State in order for Wyoming to host the 2019 MWC Championship game. SDSU has the first tiebreaker over us...they beat us already.
Good call that is true, off the top of my head I don't know their remaining schedule enough to know who could, other than their playing some close games and could realistically lose to anyone. UNLV was even close.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:44 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:39 pm Something to consider, guys, should HEAVEN FORBID we end up winning all 4 remaining games...we'll need someone else to beat San Diego State in order for Wyoming to host the 2019 MWC Championship game. SDSU has the first tiebreaker over us...they beat us already.
Good call that is true, off the top of my head I don't know their remaining schedule enough to know who could, other than their playing some close games and could realistically lose to anyone. UNLV was even close.
Their remaining schedule is...

Bye week
Nevada for Homecoming
Fresno State
@ Hawaii
BYU (non-conf so that one doesn't count for us)
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

2 keys. How much pressure can the d front generate and how efficient can the passing game get? If those two things are good, POKES have the horses to run with anyone left on the schedule. If not, there will be a few tough games with 1 or 2 getting away from us.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
aranderson
Cowpoke

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 7:03 am 2 keys. How much pressure can the d front generate and how efficient can the passing game get? If those two things are good, POKES have the horses to run with anyone left on the schedule. If not, there will be a few tough games with 1 or 2 getting away from us.
I don't foresee us letting a game get away, they will all be close losses. (Assuming we don't win). Were built to not be blown out at this point. That's why we play close games without our normal breaks.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 10 times

One game at a time and maintain our focus. We'll be fine.