College Game Day

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

ESPN's College Game Day is headed to Brookings, S.D. for the Jackrabbits' matchup with North Dakota State Saturday. Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day Game Day was in South Dakota. Got me thinking—could you ever see it coming to Laramie?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I think we would need to first have a couple of years where we were ranked. It would also have to be in September or October. I guess it could happen if we were ranked and another ranked team was coming to Laramie.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:25 pm ESPN's College Game Day is headed to Brookings, S.D. for the Jackrabbits' matchup with North Dakota State Saturday. Can't say I ever thought I'd see the day Game Day was in South Dakota. Got me thinking—could you ever see it coming to Laramie?
Sure. As was indicated, if Wyoming had a strong ranked team and another strong ranked team with name recognition came into Laramie. Perhaps a 5-0 ranked Wyoming versus a 5-0 ranked Boise State or something along those lines.

NDSU with its sustained is the reason for Game Day going to South Dakota State, let's be honest. This just allows Game Day to showcase another campus in FCS but still have NDSU be the television selling point (and a rematch of an ESPN2 playoff game from last year).
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

With the season SMU is having I would say they deserve consideration for gameday. With the Boise loss they are in position for the NY6.
I'm good for 3!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

WYO ranked high vs. highly ranked opponent AND no other big games would make it possible.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Didn’t Game Day come to Laramie in 96’?
W-Y, Until I Die!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Oct 21, 2019 3:31 pm Didn’t Game Day come to Laramie in 96’?
No, Gameday has never come to Wyoming.

They have been to:

Colorado 6 times (CU-3, Air Force - 3)
Nebraska 7 times
Utah 5 times
North Dakota 2 times
Idaho 1 time
This will be the first visit to South Dakota
Montana 0
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

It'd be fun but lots would need to be at stake for them to come to 7220, maybe someday