Cowboys @ Aztecs thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:29 pm I’m starting to wonder if some of these ridiculous hot takes that litter the board after close road losses come from plants trying to fire up the team. Completely irrational. Yet, following a win, the board is crickets.
Yeah, people seem to have lost their minds a bit.

Big picture is that we had a lead late in the 4th against a pretty dang solid SDSU team on the road. We should have won and we should be 6-0, but we are only 4-2. I give us a really good shot to beat anyone left on our schedule.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

double post
Last edited by OrediggerPoke on Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

I go to all the home games. If we were to lose at home, this board would still be full of ‘Bohl=Glenn,’ ‘We won’t win another game’ and everyone’s favorite ‘we should drop down to FCS.’
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Looking back on this game, I think we actually win if Abojei doesn't go down. Being down two of our best three linemen is going to hurt any team out there, and with how they quickly got into the back field on half the plays in the second half, it would've been hard to get anything at all going.

I would like to see more easy throws to our TEs, though. We can't let every team be successful defensively by stacking the box against the run.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:01 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:29 pm I’m starting to wonder if some of these ridiculous hot takes that litter the board after close road losses come from plants trying to fire up the team. Completely irrational. Yet, following a win, the board is crickets.

Big picture is that we had a lead late in the 4th against a pretty dang solid SDSU team on the road. We should have won and we should be 6-0, but we are only 4-2. I give us a really good shot to beat anyone left on our schedule.
Big picture is we don't beat winning teams on the road. We will be big underdogs at Boise state and probably a double digit underdog at Utah State and Air Force. I don't give us a "really good shot" to win any of those games. We are a 7-5 or 6-6 team, just like we have been for the last 3 years. I wish that wasn't the case but in year 6 of the Bohl era, I don't have any reason to think otherwise.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

I think we're getting better overall, even if it doesn't feel like it. Our O-Line is now quite good despite how young most of them are, and our QB is still a redshirt freshman.

Also, this sure beats winning 6 and then going back to winning 2 or 3 for two years straight.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Big picture is we don't beat winning teams on the road. We will be big underdogs at Boise state and probably a double digit underdog at Utah State and Air Force. I don't give us a "really good shot" to win any of those games. We are a 7-5 or 6-6 team, just like we have been for the last 3 years. I wish that wasn't the case but in year 6 of the Bohl era, I don't have any reason to think otherwise.
Seriously we'll be double digit dogs to AF or USU. we'll be 3-6 pt dogs, so basically a push if you believe vegas gives 3 pts to the home team
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Vegas isn’t stupid. But if it were, I’d place a nice bet on Wyoming as a double digit underdog to Air Force. Bohl game plans very well for Air Force. But more importantly, this Wyoming team is really good against the run.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Yeah, after the INT, I had to just tune football out for the night and most of today to cool off.

Losing Abojei really hurt, and it showed. Guy is young, but his presence really can be felt, and missed.

Chambers, the guy plays hard and has that "it" factor, but we need an actual QB coach to come in and help him out. Vigen has not done ANY QB any favors with his "coaching". Even if its just for the off-season, he needs someone there to help him with those freakin' missiles he fires off.

WRs... Rocket stepped up a few times, but man, something has GOT to change there. Chambers may have some issues, but other times fall to our WRs simply failing to catch balls that are catchable. Bouncing out of their hands, off their face masks, etc.

O-line, despite players going down a lot, and having to plug in underclassmen, they've held up fairly well, all things considered.

RBs, no problems there. Those guys run hard every down. And with Chambers, smashed the SDSU rush defense.

Defense. They do pretty well in stuffing the run. No problems there. But passing... They couldn't sack SDSU's QB behind an o-line that has been gashed all season. "Bend but don't break" doesn't help when they keep dinking and dunking up and down the field all game.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

I struggle to see how we have gotten better? Our offense is inept and our scheme is predictable.....I would say that at best, we are inconsistent.