Cowboys @ Aztecs thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

THeir QB is a bitch
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 15 times
Been liked: 62 times

Well..i'm glad the boys had a shot at pulling this one off. Have to figure out how to get tough road wins. Feels like they are close.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

They should have reviewed the spot on that slide. The poop started his slide way too early and may not have had a first down.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 144 times

Congrats to the refs and the 6 pts they gave to the Aztecs on the softest late hit calls I’ve ever seen
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

I've watched their QB before. He played the game of his life. one in a million for him
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I liked the way our defense played, until that last TD. That kind of a play should almost always result in an Interception. You can't lose the coverage just because the guy happens to scramble for a year. It's not like he threw a last either, that ball took plenty of time to get there.

I'm also not sure why we go for the long ball like that when they're sitting back and waiting for it. Even if you have an exceptionally accurate QB, your receiver will somehow have to beat two guys to the ball there. With 90+ seconds and all our timeouts left, there was plenty of time to keep going underneath.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:45 pm Congrats to the refs and the 6 pts they gave to the Aztecs on the softest late hit calls I’ve ever seen
+1

Cowboys 22 Aztecs 20 Refs 6
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:43 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:40 pm
WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 pm Well that's what happens when you only attempt 6 passes a game. On the games where you need passes to come back to win (Tulsa, sdsu) you don't have them because you never even attempt them in any games.
Or mayby a bad throw is a bad throw...that throw ends the game whether or not we had thrown it 100 times....Does anybody think the reason we have no passing game is because we don't attempt enough...lol. With this group, the more we pass it the higher chance we have of losing. Our best shot at winning this one was for the defense to Rise up when we went ahead ... same as at Tulsa. Need to be able to stop people from driving the length of the field in the fourth quarter.
Yeah because practicing passing more doesn't lead to more consistency. The best passing QBs in the nation only throw 6 times a game because that's how you get into a rhythm. Right...

Maybe when we played unlv and we're destroying them we should have practiced a few passes, then maybe there would be some accuracy on a deep pass by our qb. Never passing the ball equals no accuracy
THE way that wyoming wins games with this personell group is dominating in the run game...if we go away from that ... well..it would not be good. I think we attempt somewhere around 13 passes per game or something like that ... if we used 7 more plays for passes as opposed to doing something we are actually good at the results would be worse. Or maybe your contention is that we should pass it 31 times per game....maybe 41! at what point does the mere act of throwing the ball more equate to more completion percentage?
307bball
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:45 pm I've watched their QB before. He played the game of his life. one in a million for him
Bummer for us...i had not seen him much...he really was the difference.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

307bball wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:48 pm
WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:36 pm Well that's what happens when you only attempt 6 passes a game. On the games where you need passes to come back to win (Tulsa, sdsu) you don't have them because you never even attempt them in any games.
Or mayby a bad throw is a bad throw...that throw ends the game whether or not we had thrown it 100 times....Does anybody think the reason we have no passing game is because we don't attempt enough...lol. With this group, the more we pass it the higher chance we have of losing. Our best shot at winning this one was for the defense to Rise up when we went ahead ... same as at Tulsa. Need to be able to stop people from driving the length of the field in the fourth quarter.
Yeah because practicing passing more doesn't lead to more consistency. The best passing QBs in the nation only throw 6 times a game because that's how you get into a rhythm. Right...

Maybe when we played unlv and we're destroying them we should have practiced a few passes, then maybe there would be some accuracy on a deep pass by our qb. Never passing the ball equals no accuracy
THE way that wyoming wins games with this personell group is dominating in the run game...if we go away from that ... well..it would not be good. I think we attempt somewhere around 13 passes per game or something like that ... if we used 7 more plays for passes as opposed to doing something we are actually good at the results would be worse. Or maybe your contention is that we should pass it 31 times per game....maybe 41! at what point does the mere act of throwing the ball more equate to more completion percentage?
Agree to disagree. Attempting more passes doesn't mean being a spread team. It it means trying a few more passes a game on surprise plays not just on 3rd and longs. And attempting more passes does equal more accuracy because it gets a quarterback is in the rhythm with his receivers. One dimensional offenses never win championships. You have to have some amount of variety. Be run first and a power offense but with variety and not always calling a run up the middle
Last edited by WyomingAg on Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Defense played horrible in the 2nd half but Wyoming needs to find a QB that can actually pass the ball accurately. Can’t call pass plays very often because our QB can’t throw very well. Until we find one we won’t be winning any road games in conference. Losses to Boise, Utah St. and AFA coming up. We will most likely finish 7-5.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Did we score first in the game? If so, we're winless when we score first and undefeated when we are down by at least 10 points.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Wyokie wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm Did we score first in the game? If so, we're winless when we score first and undefeated when we are down by at least 10 points.
No we were down 0-3 before we scored
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

They made the halftime adjustments we didn't simple enough. No excuses against New Mexico next week, nuff said, still need 7 wins regardless
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:52 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:51 pm Did we score first in the game? If so, we're winless when we score first and undefeated when we are down by at least 10 points.
No we were down 0-3 before we scored
RATS!!! Oh, well....If we get 7 wins, that should get us a bowl invite.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
307bball
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:49 pm
307bball wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 11:48 pm

Agree to disagree. Attempting more passes doesn't mean being a spread team. It it means trying a few more passes a game on surprise plays not just on 3rd and longs. And attempting more passes does equal more accuracy because of quarterback is in the rhythm with his receivers
I'm with you that something needs to be done in the passing game for sure, I just don't think the reason we can't pass is because of lack of passing play calls. If we played from behind more you would for sure see the passing attempts go up. I'm pretty sure that a big part of getting a better passing game involves some WR talent coming in. These current guys are gritty but they aren't getting it done. That last pass was bad...there was no reason to go for it all in that situation. I think it was second down, still over a minute on the clock. We have got sooo much against us being a good passing team. I say do what your good at...run the ball! If i'm rank ording the reasons we can't pass:

1. WR have not panned out
2. Chambers is still figuring it out
3-100. don't really matter because 1-2 are the reasons.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Very disappointing loss. But once again, I love the way that this team competes. That’s SDSU TD was a pure fluke. A terrible pass that no QB should ever make down 3 and in field goal range. I’m really worried with the loss of Abojei. Huge loss.

I’m really excited for the future. This offensive line is good and they are young. Chambers is a competitor and he will continue to improve.
307bball
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:01 am Very disappointing loss. But once again, I love the way that this team competes. That’s SDSU TD was a pure fluke. A terrible pass that no QB should ever make down 3 and in field goal range. I’m really worried with the loss of Abojei. Huge loss.

I’m really excited for the future. This offensive line is good and they are young. Chambers is a competitor and he will continue to improve.
Ouch...forgot about Abojei...Now i'm depressed...but seriously, I'm into the future of this program.
GetRealMan
Ranch Hand

Chambers should be our number one running back. He is not QB material but can run the ball effectively. He fumbled against Tulsa that cost us the game. He threw a sad attempt of a pass that was intercepted tonight that cost us this game. He is not the answer at QB. Like his spunk and running ability but he frankly sucks as a QB and that's not his fault. His inabilty to even mildly read coverage will cost Wyoming a few more games. He's better than Vanderwall but sadly that's not saying much. Bohl can find QB's obviously, Chamber's isn't one of them.
Me, I'm spiritually retarded, I need to be knee deep in water with a fly rod in my hands, that's about as close to God as I get.
"Steve Earle"
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

GetRealMan wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 12:29 am Chambers should be our number one running back. He is not QB material but can run the ball effectively. He fumbled against Tulsa that cost us the game. He threw a sad attempt of a pass that was intercepted tonight that cost us this game. He is not the answer at QB. Like his spunk and running ability but he frankly sucks as a QB and that's not his fault. His inabilty to even mildly read coverage will cost Wyoming a few more games. He's better than Vanderwall but sadly that's not saying much. Bohl can find QB's obviously, Chamber's isn't one of them.
Disagree 100%. Chambers is a QB that can be very effective at the college level. Chambers is Tebow 2.0. And neither of those turnovers cost the game.