UVA vs UW Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

J-Rod wrote:All I can say is whoever loses this game will be eating a very big and crow.
How would you like that crow prepared?

You seem like a medium rare type of guy.
Thought it would add this to increase some of your inferiority complexes

UVABy20
Buckaroo

Good thing it likely tastes like chicken.. the loser has that to look forward to.

Poor Wyo fans are going to have to eat so much crow that it's getting added to the endangered species list. Cowboys are going down....by 20.....
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

UW 24 - UVA 14

UVA's got some great D and even a few guys who are going to hit the NFL and be productive. Their offense on the other hand is pretty bad...ranking in the 100's for all of your offensive categories? Either people out in VA are expecting one hell of an off-season or they're fooling themselves in thinking that the Cavs' offense is going to shoot up 20 or so spots.

UW's defense is going to be good, not as good as last year, but that's not what teams are going to worry about. Sween and the rest of the offense has been SHARP early on and Joe Glenn (easily one of the top ten offensive minds in the country) has changed the pace of the offense around a lot. It's going to be interesting to see how UVA plays up here when we break out the no huddle/audible attack that Peyton Manning has made famous.

I'm predicting UVA turns the ball over three times, two times in situations that give the Pokes some easy scores. After that we're going to see a great offense against a great defense...and a really crappy offense against a decent defense. Should be a fun game to watch!
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

UW2007 wrote:UW 24 - UVA 14

UVA's got some great D and even a few guys who are going to hit the NFL and be productive. Their offense on the other hand is pretty bad...ranking in the 100's for all of your offensive categories? Either people out in VA are expecting one hell of an off-season or they're fooling themselves in thinking that the Cavs' offense is going to shoot up 20 or so spots.

UW's defense is going to be good, not as good as last year, but that's not what teams are going to worry about. Sween and the rest of the offense has been SHARP early on and Joe Glenn (easily one of the top ten offensive minds in the country) has changed the pace of the offense around a lot. It's going to be interesting to see how UVA plays up here when we break out the no huddle/audible attack that Peyton Manning has made famous.

I'm predicting UVA turns the ball over three times, two times in situations that give the Pokes some easy scores. After that we're going to see a great offense against a great defense...and a really crappy offense against a decent defense. Should be a fun game to watch!
Your entire post is a joke. So much so that I considered not even responding to it. But some has to educate you...

If you read anything about UVA, read this thread for starters, you would know that Virginia's offense should improve exponentially. We beat you last year with easily the worst offense I've ever seen at Virginia. Comparing Sween to Manning tells me that you're either completely ignorant, or suffer from a mental condition. I can only make fun of you for one of those.

Joe Glenn? One of the top 10 offensive minds in the country? Yeah... because you guys have really been tearing it up offensively in the past 5 years. Read up on Virginia's offensive line. Or I suppose you can find out about it when we run all over your little pokes come Sept. 1.

J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

hoosgonnabeatwyo? wrote:
UW2007 wrote:UW 24 - UVA 14

Your entire post is a joke. So much so that I considered not even responding to it. But some has to educate you...

If you read anything about UVA, read this thread for starters, you would know that Virginia's offense should improve exponentially. We beat you last year with easily the worst offense I've ever seen at Virginia. Comparing Sween to Manning tells me that you're either completely ignorant, or suffer from a mental condition. I can only make fun of you for one of those.

Joe Glenn? One of the top 10 offensive minds in the country? Yeah... because you guys have really been tearing it up offensively in the past 5 years. Read up on Virginia's offensive line. Or I suppose you can find out about it when we run all over your little pokes come Sept. 1.

True, reality is the offense sucks, 91st ranking is nothing to brag about, and I don't see a large improvement this season.

Only 14 more days and we will find out whose for real, UW could come out just as bad as the past years, UVA fans could be wrong and their offense does no better then it did last year, or they could be right, we will find out soon though. Like i said this crow is getting bigger and bigger.
UW2007
WyoNation Moderator

I could take the same approach and say, "Psh, this guy is retarded" but that's not fun because it doesn't take any brains.

Your O sucks balls. Check the stats, EVERY category ranked BELOW 100. I would hope you guys would improve. Hell, that's the statement of the year. "Man, we're going to get better because we're pretty much rock bottom." Great logic.

These comparisons of Manning to Sween...you missed the point. Joe Glenn is incorporating the same type of offensive system. Where you get Sween = Manning is beyond me. Maybe you're the one suffering from the retardation, either that or you're not getting a real quality education at UVA. Don't they teach you guys how to read? Use logic? Probably not.

Just so you can follow along I'm going to use some of your logic when it comes to Sween. Sween was a freshman last season and wasn't even the starter at the beginning of the season. I can tell with your "superior" knowledge that you probably took into consideration these factors with a freshman QB and starting almost half way into the season...

1. Limited playbook
2. Adjustment to pace of the game
3. Getting comfortable with the offense

That's the difference between UW and UVA's offense. Your QB hasn't developed past a wide receiver who can throw a spiral (ala Mike Vick) compared to our QB who can actually read a defense and improve an offense mid way through the season. If you've done any research, which you haven't...big words probably scare you...you'd read about how the UW playbook has almost doubled.

And your team MVP from last season, our kicker Aric Goodman is gone...so who are you guys going to depend on giving you the game this year?
ColoradoPoke
Buckaroo

POKES 17 UVA 13
hoosgonnabeatwyo?
Buckaroo

UW2007 wrote:I could take the same approach and say, "Psh, this guy is retarded" but that's not fun because it doesn't take any brains.

Your O sucks balls. Check the stats, EVERY category ranked BELOW 100. I would hope you guys would improve. Hell, that's the statement of the year. "Man, we're going to get better because we're pretty much rock bottom." Great logic.

These comparisons of Manning to Sween...you missed the point. Joe Glenn is incorporating the same type of offensive system. Where you get Sween = Manning is beyond me. Maybe you're the one suffering from the retardation, either that or you're not getting a real quality education at UVA. Don't they teach you guys how to read? Use logic? Probably not.

Just so you can follow along I'm going to use some of your logic when it comes to Sween. Sween was a freshman last season and wasn't even the starter at the beginning of the season. I can tell with your "superior" knowledge that you probably took into consideration these factors with a freshman QB and starting almost half way into the season...

1. Limited playbook
2. Adjustment to pace of the game
3. Getting comfortable with the offense

That's the difference between UW and UVA's offense. Your QB hasn't developed past a wide receiver who can throw a spiral (ala Mike Vick) compared to our QB who can actually read a defense and improve an offense mid way through the season. If you've done any research, which you haven't...big words probably scare you...you'd read about how the UW playbook has almost doubled.

And your team MVP from last season, our kicker Aric Goodman is gone...so who are you guys going to depend on giving you the game this year?
Your O sucks balls.
big words probably scare you...
Hmmm.... you're intelligent...
I can tell with your "superior" knowledge that you probably took into consideration these factors with a freshman QB and starting almost half way into the season...
No, no, no, of course I wouldn't know anything about starting a freshman QB in the middle of the season. I would know absolutely nothing about that. Jameel Sewell wasn't a freshman... who started... in the... middle... of last... season :o. Oh, wait a minute.

Oh, and that stab you took at UVA education... pitiful. Second best public school in the country, moron.

I'm done talking football with you, it's become evident that you know nothing about it. Would anyone like to continue this thread who knows something about football? I don't care if you're a Hoo or a Pokes fan, as long as you aren't this guy. Hell you could say that Wyoming or Virginia is going to win 60-0 or the game is going to end in a tie and you will already be smarter than UW2007 (which I believe is the year he was born in)

HooRocks59
Buckaroo

Okay, enough smack talk. I'll give predictions for both sides.

My "optimistic" prediction- UVA 31 Wyoming 0

My "pessmistic" prediction- UVA 7 Wyoming 10

Reason why Wyoming's score is low in both predictions- UVA's defense is top 10 in the country. Don't try to deny it, Cowboy fans. You know it to be true.

BTW, may the better team win. GO HOOS!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

HooRocks59 wrote:Okay, enough smack talk. I'll give predictions for both sides.

Reason why Wyoming's score is low in both predictions- UVA's defense is top 10 in the country. Don't try to deny it, Cowboy fans. You know it to be true.

I'm out of the loop on ACC football.. where does "Hoos" come from?
ImageImageImageImage
HooRocks59
Buckaroo

MrTitleist wrote:
HooRocks59 wrote:Okay, enough smack talk. I'll give predictions for both sides.

I'm out of the loop on ACC football.. where does "Hoos" come from?
Long story. Here's a link to tell it for ya.
http://www.thesabre.com/traditions/
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Interesting story. Thanks for the info. I assume The Sabre is your message board for everything UVA related?
ImageImageImageImage
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

Dear Pokes,

Greetings from the Hokie nation!

Just a few points on these small minded folks from UVA who have invaded/and will invade your beautiful state (don't worry, they won't bring anymore than 300-400 as they don't travel well):

Don't let these little people from UVA bother you one iota. They are long known for being the biggest snobs on the planet, let alone in the ACC, and if they don't inply their superiority to you, they will tell you flat out they are superior...We have to deal with them as relatives, co-workers, etc and every holiday they tell us how special they are. I wonder what its like to be better than everyone else???

Anyway, go kick their butts, and watch out for all the crying, and excuses that will come your way afterwards. Stuff like we lost because of the wind (they have actually given that as an excuse in a recent loss to VT), one of their lineman was on the rag, they woke up on the wrong side of the bed etc. They are already overrated, and will be lucky to sweat out a winning season, even with such smart people...how do you figure that?

PS...I have been to your stadium before and enjoyed it immensely...can also see the great improvements that have been made to your facilities most recently. Was also at the UCLA bowl game a few years back...very special indeed! Congrats on your successes!

Irish Hokie
HooRocks59
Buckaroo

Irish Hokie wrote:Dear Pokes,

Greetings from the Hokie nation!

Just a few points on these small minded folks from UVA who have invaded/and will invade your beautiful state (don't worry, they won't bring anymore than 300-400 as they don't travel well):

Don't let these little people from UVA bother you one iota. They are long known for being the biggest snobs on the planet, let alone in the ACC, and if they don't inply their superiority to you, they will tell you flat out they are superior...We have to deal with them as relatives, co-workers, etc and every holiday they tell us how special they are. I wonder what its like to be better than everyone else???

Anyway, go kick their butts, and watch out for all the crying, and excuses that will come your way afterwards. Stuff like we lost because of the wind (they have actually given that as an excuse in a recent loss to VT), one of their lineman was on the rag, they woke up on the wrong side of the bed etc. They are already overrated, and will be lucky to sweat out a winning season, even with such smart people...how do you figure that?

PS...I have been to your stadium before and enjoyed it immensely...can also see the great improvements that have been made to your facilities most recently. Was also at the UCLA bowl game a few years back...very special indeed! Congrats on your successes!

Irish Hokie
Wait a minute...

Overrated? Overrated??? Please, you are foolish to think we're overrated. Picked 4th in the ACC Coastal Div. isn't what somebody would consider overrated. You must have us confused with Miami.
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

You are overrated...

I am serious, you Hoos are going to be lucky to get out of Laramie with a win. Fans are right on top of you and it echoes. The travel, and the expanse of travel will have you guys exhausted by the time you get there. In addition, you have no receivers to speak of, and the Pokes will crowd the line of scrimmage to stop your run game. Sewell is going to have to pull the rabbit out the hat in order to win.

Pokes: 17
Hoos: 10
spindoctor02
WyoNation Moderator

HooRocks59 wrote:Wait a minute...

Overrated? Overrated??? Please, you are foolish to think we're overrated. Picked 4th in the ACC Coastal Div. isn't what somebody would consider overrated. You must have us confused with Miami.
Isn't finishing 4th in the ACC-Coastal division essentially last place anyways? You shouldn't even be in DIV-1A if you can't finish ahead of Duke and UNC.

My prediction for the game:
UW: 20 [missed XP, not 2 FG's :| ]
UVA: 10

You can't even begin to imagine the affect of the altitude until you try to play there, especially coming from essentially sea level (486'...I checked). Someone at the game should get lots of pictures of "Hoos" sucking down on their air canisters!!!
UVABy20
Buckaroo

Man I can't wait until this game is over so I can laugh in all of you retarded Wyomingites faces. Go back to your home Irish Hokie, you are missing the sale at the Wal-Marts. I'm sure at least a few of your players are working there to stay eligible. This whole Wyoming game is a joke that I wish we had never scheduled. I wouldn't be the least bit interested if it wasn't for the total idiocy of the entire Wyoming fan base. So thank you Cowpunks for that. I can't wait until this game is over so I can track down every sheep pumping Wyo fan on the internet and rub your scruffy little faces in it. It shouldn't be that hard considering there are only twelve of them.

UVA by 20
At least...
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

UVABy20 wrote:Man I can't wait until this game is over so I can laugh in all of you retarded Wyomingites faces. Go back to your home Irish Hokie, you are missing the sale at the Wal-Marts. I'm sure at least a few of your players are working there to stay eligible. This whole Wyoming game is a joke that I wish we had never scheduled. I wouldn't be the least bit interested if it wasn't for the total idiocy of the entire Wyoming fan base. So thank you Cowpunks for that. I can't wait until this game is over so I can track down every sheep pumping Wyo fan on the internet and rub your scruffy little faces in it. It shouldn't be that hard considering there are only twelve of them.

UVA by 20
At least...
You can dish it out, but don't take it well. We're not wanting a flame war with you guys, but apparently there's a knack for pushing each other's buttons pretty easily. If we can't keep this to a civil discussion without name calling, this thread will be locked. If everyone wants to be uncivil about this, take it to the smack board.
ImageImageImageImage
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

One quick question.. I checked out the Sabre today. Lots of action on that board. Has that poster "Wyoming Fan" been over there as a one man show pissing everyone off? Seems like every other thread is one where he's flaming Virginia or being flamed by Virginians.
ImageImageImageImage
Irish Hokie
Buckaroo

You are oh so right Mr. Titleist about the hoos! They get really sensitive when those delicate little egos are stroked in the wrong way ever so slightly. You should see them destroying the nice Poke fans who try to have civil f-ball discussions on their board, the Sabre...We in Hokie land call it the Sewer, and if you venture over there you will see what I am talking about

Now, onto football and a fe areas where I think you guys are going to make an impact in this game:

* UVA has no outside game...meaning they are going to have a hard time throwing the ball because their QB Sewell still has an injured wrist from last season. He's not that good of a thrower regardless. Most of his success will come off option fakes where he try and spread y'all out.

* UVA has no receiving corps whatsover...their top WR Ogletree got hurt in fall camp (too bad, he's a good kid and WR) and there is little to no real quality after him.

* UVA has good TE's and that is where they will try and spread out your Linebackers, and safeties....watch for lots of 5-7 yards and out receptions to TE Santi who is decent, but no where near in the same league as Heath Miller, who now starts for the Steelers.

* UVA has strong D line ends (Long and Fitzgerald ) and your tackles need to be ready for them. LB's are a bit above average, and the secondary is ok, but you should be able to damage them 10-15 and out. I think your RB's will have a few decent runs in there, and consequently take some of the pressure off your QB..

So, what else do you want to know?

PS...The last Hoo who mentioned Wal-mart was correct, except I don't just shop there, I also trade the stock quite well in my portfolio...great trading stock by the way.