Wyo vs UNLV thread

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

INT MALUIA!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

TD for Valladay!

52 points tonight.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

And another INT.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

Woot!
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 40 times

My cousin said ESPN switched to the Hawaii game where he is
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:24 pm My cousin said ESPN switched to the Hawaii game where he is
I mean, that's kind of understandable.

I hope everybody gets to heal up and that the injuries we had today were just bumps and bruises that will be fully healed in two weeks.

I don't think the score tells the full story of the game, but we sure tried to do other things than running up the middle over and over, even though that worked pretty well too. I'm a little bit concerned with Cooper... not sure what's going on with his short kicks - including the PATs. The 41 yarder would've been fine from 60, but almost every other kick was iffy - or just missed. :-/
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:33 pm
ZapPoke wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:24 pm My cousin said ESPN switched to the Hawaii game where he is

I hope everybody gets to heal up and that the injuries we had today were just bumps and bruises that will be fully healed in two weeks.

I don't think the score tells the full story of the game, but we sure tried to do other things than running up the middle over and over, even though that worked pretty well too. I'm a little bit concerned with Cooper... not sure what's going on with his short kicks - including the PATs. The 41 yarder would've been fine from 60, but almost every other kick was iffy - or just missed. :-/
Same. Last year he was very solid, barring wind conditions. This year, I just don't know. Hopefully the Bye week will help him too.
poke_addict
Cowpoke
Been liked: 3 times

If it's not bad news this board could care less
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:39 pm
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:33 pm

Same. Last year he was very solid, barring wind conditions. This year, I just don't know. Hopefully the Bye week will help him too.
On the last missed pat, the hold was really bad...
FarmerPoke
Cowpoke

Most satisfying Pokes win in ages! Feels like its been forever since we blew someone out!
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

poke_addict wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:42 pm If it's not bad news this board could care less
Sure seems that way. The board was crazy after the Tulsa loss. Crickets today.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 64 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:52 am
poke_addict wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 9:42 pm If it's not bad news this board could care less
There will always be less board activity after a night home game. Posting to a message board after the drive back to Fort C. is the last thing I'm thinking of. A couple of things: I like the play calling. Chambers is amazing to watch when he runs. He can change direction and accelerate at the same time. We will go as far as he can take us.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 7:55 am
There will always be less board activity after a night home game. Posting to a message board after the drive back to Fort C. is the last thing I'm thinking of. A couple of things: I like the play calling. Chambers is amazing to watch when he runs. He can change direction and accelerate at the same time. We will go as far as he can take us.
Yea getting back to town after midnight didn’t give me time to share my thoughts.

I was impressed with all phases of the game (but kicking). The offensive line (with young inexperienced players) was particularly impressive. For those that haven’t been paying attention, Bohl is building a sustainable program!!
HR_Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Good game. Was concerned at first but was glad to see chambers get some passing confidence against a terrible secondary. Had some questionable throws but starting making some plays. Desperately need a passing game. Wished the walkon RB could have got that touch down.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Glad we finally had a dominating win. Don't remember the last time it felt like we really had a dominating win against a conference opponent.

Hope we heel up on the bye week.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

Tulsa was an away game in the middle of the day where most people who post on this board are sitting at home watching on TV and able to easily post while watching. This game was at home in the evening where most people who post on this board are sitting in the stands watching it
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

That was a fun game last night, love it when the War is all lit up, glad its a bye week, going into a tough SDSU, Good job Pokes
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 14 times

Just a fun team to watch. Easy guys to root for. I'm looking forward to seeing them in person in two weeks.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

HR_Poke wrote: Sun Sep 29, 2019 10:14 am Good game. Was concerned at first but was glad to see chambers get some passing confidence against a terrible secondary. Had some questionable throws but starting making some plays. Desperately need a passing game. Wished the walkon RB could have got that touch down.
Was nice to see some things click for the pokes on offense.. Might be time to adjust what a successful passing game looks like with this group. I'm seeing him miss really open guys a lot. The one that sticks out for me was the time we were on the five yard line and ended up with a field goal. Ultimately it looks like we are passing like Air Force.. Low percentage but high impact.

But overall really good game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Or everyone was at the game maybe