Maybe it is just bad luck?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

But it sure seems our 50 million dollar training facility and highly paid conditioning and strength staff are really not paying off. More injuries than I can remember. Thoughts?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 am But it sure seems our 50 million dollar training facility and highly paid conditioning and strength staff are really not paying off. More injuries than I can remember. Thoughts?
I don't think any of those injuries against Tulsa appeared to be training related. If we saw a rash of hamstring/quad injuries then I would worry. But it appeared to me to be broken foot/concussion/spinal injuries. We should know more today though.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:28 am
McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:15 am But it sure seems our 50 million dollar training facility and highly paid conditioning and strength staff are really not paying off. More injuries than I can remember. Thoughts?
I don't think any of those injuries against Tulsa appeared to be training related. If we saw a rash of hamstring/quad injuries then I would worry. But it appeared to me to be broken foot/concussion/spinal injuries. We should know more today though.
I agree. These, initially, seem to be the unpreventables.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:28 am
I agree. These, initially, seem to be the unpreventables.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Didn't realize there were excercises and drills to combat broken bones and concussions. You're right, the training staff must really suck...
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:31 pm
Didn't realize there were excercises and drills to combat broken bones and concussions. You're right, the training staff must really suck...
No need to be a prick or be a f-word asshole. Tap into your inept memory bank, and check out how many injuries we have had since spring that aren't related to bones and concussions. f-word.
Dear Karma,

fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:42 pm
No need to be a prick or be a f-word asshole. Tap into your inept memory bank, and check out how many injuries we have had since spring that aren't related to bones and concussions. f-word.
Watch your f-word language, asshole.

Anyway, yeah. Getting clocked in the head, spun at weird angles by 300+lbs linemen, etc can't really be "trained" for.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Anyway, yeah. Getting clocked in the head, spun at weird angles by 300+lbs linemen, etc can't really be "trained" for.
Go give your buddy a reacher, poop. Check your memory bank as well...it all isn't concussions, and broken bones. Sensitive bitches.
Dear Karma,

CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

I saw what looked like cleats stuck in the artificial turf on the Wyoming side of things, and didn't see the same problem on Tulsa's side. So, perhaps something as simple as the wrong kind of shoe could be a cause of ankle sprains, knees, even back injuries. WestWYOPoke would know more than I do, but I do know turf conditions with the wrong kind of cleats can wreck havoc. Just a thought.......
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

No need to be a prick or be a f-word asshole. f-word.
Ironic
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:03 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 12:46 pm

Go give your buddy a reacher, poop. Check your memory bank as well...it all isn't concussions, and broken bones. Sensitive bitches.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Actually this has been a common theme with Bohl teams here every year. Lots of guys getting hurt.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

It's not a training thing, it's not a Bohl thing, it's not a culture thing.....it's just a football thing. We may have had a lot of problems with injuries on Saturday but we are no different than any other program. Injuries are part of football and the difference is that Alabama doesn't miss a guy as much as we do as they can replace the guy with a five star stud and we can't. There's nothing that can be done about most injuries. People want to blame someone but injuries happen often in a violent fast paced game where bodies are sacrificed. Blaming the strength and conditioning program or questioning the worth of the millions spent on our facility is a psuedo story.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

CowboyNV wrote: Mon Sep 23, 2019 1:44 pm I saw what looked like cleats stuck in the artificial turf on the Wyoming side of things, and didn't see the same problem on Tulsa's side. So, perhaps something as simple as the wrong kind of shoe could be a cause of ankle sprains, knees, even back injuries. WestWYOPoke would know more than I do, but I do know turf conditions with the wrong kind of cleats can wreck havoc. Just a thought.......
I definitely agree...there are varying kinds of turf and different shoes that work better with some types than with others. Also, weather has to be taken into account, wet/rainy conditions are different from humid which is different from dry conditions. All of that has to be factored in on shoe selection. I don't know how much that played into the injuries or footing on Saturday, remember that Tulsa will be more familiar with the grip/feel of their home turf than opposing teams will.

But as we've seen throughout the years, injuries can happen as a result of the turf causing feet to get stuck or caught, but this phenomenon has gotten much better over the years with improved turf technology as well as adaptations to shoes and other gear.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

If we had a lot of people going down in fall camp I think you could look at the training staff but I don't think that's whats going on here. Before last week I think we were pretty healthy overall. The injuries we did have were key injuries but nothing out of normal. Like someone else said football causes injuries part of the game is how you adapt. This week we had an abnormal amount of injuries was there a reason or was it bad luck? Don't know but I'm leaning towards bad luck.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

TSpoke wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:18 pm If we had a lot of people going down in fall camp I think you could look at the training staff but I don't think that's whats going on here. Before last week I think we were pretty healthy overall. The injuries we did have were key injuries but nothing out of normal. Like someone else said football causes injuries part of the game is how you adapt. This week we had an abnormal amount of injuries was there a reason or was it bad luck? Don't know but I'm leaning towards bad luck.
Part of problem was the damned humidity after the 3rd quarter started of the Tulsa game. Jesus...I felt like I was in an oven getting cooked medium rare!!!! Can't imagine being one of the Wyoming players. The Tulsa players were used to it.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
wyohistoryguy
Buckaroo

I am going with simple bad luck. Happens at every level of the sport. Out of curiosity, I checked and, like most every stadium with newer turf, both Tula and Wyoming use FieldTurf. That said, care and maintenance, like grass, varies on artificial services, and footing could feel better on some fields than on others. But, still going with bad luck. Hope we get better fast!

“When ill luck begins, it does not come in sprinkles, but in showers.”
― Mark Twain, Pudd'nhead Wilson
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Wyokie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm
TSpoke wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:18 pm If we had a lot of people going down in fall camp I think you could look at the training staff but I don't think that's whats going on here. Before last week I think we were pretty healthy overall. The injuries we did have were key injuries but nothing out of normal. Like someone else said football causes injuries part of the game is how you adapt. This week we had an abnormal amount of injuries was there a reason or was it bad luck? Don't know but I'm leaning towards bad luck.
Part of problem was the damned humidity after the 3rd quarter started of the Tulsa game. Jesus...I felt like I was in an oven getting cooked medium rare!!!! Can't imagine being one of the Wyoming players. The Tulsa players were used to it.
The only thing that kept it comfortable was that south breeze, but it was toasty for sure
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:29 pm
Wyokie wrote: Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:32 pm
The only thing that kept it comfortable was that south breeze, but it was toasty for sure
I did noticed that after the sun set enough to where most of the field was shaded Wyoming played better. Sadly I got tanned pretty good. I was on the west side of the stadium in the handicapped section.

Side note...the stadium this past Saturday was a far better general experience for me being in a wheelchair than it was back in 1995 when I saw Wyoming get slapped 35-6!!!!! The university really improved the stadium big-time.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

Hey, we have a solid season this year and this is no longer an issue!