Passing Game...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 11 times

Is embarrassing. It’s brutal. Pokes are in trouble if this continues. Routes are predictable, QB inaccurate, receivers drop balls. Shiiit.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Whole offense is brutal. has been for 5 years
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

The title of the thread is a misnomer.

We don't have a passing game.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

It’s especially hard to understand in this day and age when quarterbacks throw for 300 yards in their sleep.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

What passing game?
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Eerily similar to Cockhill and Glenn in year 6 huh, just sayin
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

stymeman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:52 pm Eerily similar to Cockhill and Glenn in year 6 huh, just sayin
Not really. Bohl is actually winning. And beat at least a decent team in Mizzou. Glenn scraped by an awful Tennessee team. We have a pretty successful stable of RBs that seem to have at least one explosive play per game for a TD, and several more decent runs throughout. And this year we actually seem to have a good (not necessarily great, but good) o-line.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

fromolwyoming wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:38 pm
stymeman wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:52 pm Eerily similar to Cockhill and Glenn in year 6 huh, just sayin
Not really. Bohl is actually winning. And beat at least a decent team in Mizzou. Glenn scraped by an awful Tennessee team. We have a pretty successful stable of RBs that seem to have at least one explosive play per game for a TD, and several more decent runs throughout. And this year we actually seem to have a good (not necessarily great, but good) o-line.
It'd be interesting to see this team against 2008 MWC. TCU and UT were damn good. AF and byu were decent. CSU was ok.
Us, UNM, UNLV and SDSU were not that good.
I don't think this year's team would have a guaranteed win on that schedule....maybe suds. Even ooc with Ohio, TN, Bowling Green, and ndsu.

I like Bohl. Not bashing but since it was brought up, I'm not convinced (yet) that this year's team would be a lot better in that 08 season. The Mizzou win was a good win. Glad we aren't staring down 2 top 10 teams and 1 top 25 team in the next 5 games.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 66 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 6:43 am
It'd be interesting to see this team against 2008 MWC. TCU and UT were damn good. AF and byu were decent. CSU was ok.
I don't think this year's team would have a guaranteed win on that schedule....maybe suds. Even ooc with Ohio, TN, Bowling Green, and ndsu.

I like Bohl. Not bashing but since it was brought up, I'm not convinced (yet) that this year's team would be a lot better in that 08 season. The Mizzou win was a good win. Glad we aren't staring down 2 top 10 teams and 1 top 25 team in the next 5 games.
That 2008 Wyoming team was one of the worst we've ever had, including Vic's teams. We lost 5 games in a row, and by an average of 35 points! Tennessee was a 6-6 team that year and fired their coach after the game. We only scored more than 21 points ONE time the entire season. This team has some problems, but we are better at every position on offense compared to that 08 team.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

:roll:

"Everything was totes better way back when!"
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

I think we are gonna see some QB shuffling by the end of the year. Especially with Freshman getting to play in 4 games.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 8:14 am

That 2008 Wyoming team was one of the worst we've ever had, including Vic's teams. We lost 5 games in a row, and by an average of 35 points! Tennessee was a 6-6 team that year and fired their coach after the game. We only scored more than 21 points ONE time the entire season. This team has some problems, but we are better at every position on offense compared to that 08 team.
108 total o 2008 vs 122 last year against way harder sos in 08.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:21 am

:roll:

"Everything was totes better way back when!"
No. Just not that much worse if at all.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

AFA caught Colorado off-guard by its passing attack, which was credited as a large part of its victory over CU. But the Pokes will have no surprises in that respect unless they can alternate a QB in for passing when necessary
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:50 am AFA caught Colorado off-guard by its passing attack, which was credited as a large part of its victory over CU. But the Pokes will have no surprises in that respect unless they can alternate a QB in for passing when necessary
You can't really believe that going back to TVW is a good idea. Pretty incredible that your throwing Chambers under the bus for the lack of passing. I didn't see any receivers running free yesterday. I also didn't see great pass protection either. Whatever Chambers weaknesses are, he hasn't turned the ball over 1 time this year.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

I wouldn’t rule it out. A coach has to do what it takes to win.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy

WyoVaquero wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:18 am I wouldn’t rule it out. A coach has to do what it takes to win.
Chambers is 6-0 as a starter.
WyoVaquero
Ranch Hand

True. And I dont put all this blame on Chambers, but there is no way pokes beat Boise, AF, SDSU or USU continuing like this.
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

bladerunnr wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am
Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 9:50 am AFA caught Colorado off-guard by its passing attack, which was credited as a large part of its victory over CU. But the Pokes will have no surprises in that respect unless they can alternate a QB in for passing when necessary
You can't really believe that going back to TVW is a good idea. Pretty incredible that your throwing Chambers under the bus for the lack of passing. I didn't see any receivers running free yesterday. I also didn't see great pass protection either. Whatever Chambers weaknesses are, he hasn't turned the ball over 1 time this year.
How many passes did he throw a rocket into the receivers feet or to the very top of their catch radius. Chambers had plenty of open throws yesterday and all season. His problem is in his head because his accuracy has been dog poop all year. Then he compounds his problem by throwing as hard as he can trying to be Josh Allen Jr.

Edit: I'm not saying we need TVW. I'm just saying Chambers is the biggest problem with the Wyoming passing game. He is making Tim Tebow look like an all-time passing quarterback right now.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

DVDA wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:52 pm
bladerunnr wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 10:09 am
How many passes did he throw a rocket into the receivers feet or to the very top of their catch radius. Chambers had plenty of open throws yesterday and all season. His problem is in his head because his accuracy has been dog poop all year. Then he compounds his problem by throwing as hard as he can trying to be Josh Allen Jr.

Edit: I'm not saying we need TVW. I'm just saying Chambers is the biggest problem with the Wyoming passing game. He is making Tim Tebow look like an all-time passing quarterback right now.
Chambers has attempted 46 passes in three games