Watched a little of the Okie State Tulsa game earlier

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

4, 5, 6, 7 yard slant routes with some YAC opportunities. Where the hell are those plays? I put more of the offensive woes on the play calling and coordinator than anything. Just my dime.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

Oh yes. WRs are awful. It's the TE that pose the most "threat" to defenses with our passing game.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:25 pm 4, 5, 6, 7 yard slant routes with some YAC opportunities. Where the hell are those plays? I put more of the offensive woes on the play calling and coordinator than anything. Just my dime.
yes. Why are we not using the middle of the field? Why no use of the TEs? Why not try a screen? Why not pass it to the RB? Why no pass to the fullback? Was the pass to the FB too effective so we had to quit doing it? The opposing d wouldn't expect any of these things
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:31 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 2:25 pm 4, 5, 6, 7 yard slant routes with some YAC opportunities. Where the hell are those plays? I put more of the offensive woes on the play calling and coordinator than anything. Just my dime.
yes. Why are we not using the middle of the field? Why no use of the TEs? Why not try a screen? Why not pass it to the RB? Why no pass to the fullback? Was the pass to the FB too effective so we had to quit doing it? The opposing d wouldn't expect any of these things
I agree with involving the tight ends more.. However... Any increase in plays that rely on Chambers delivering a catchable ball, or relies on our WR's to beat the man covering them, would yield even worse results than our current system. Maybe these guys start playing completely different starting with Tulsa... But I doubt it.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 pm Run, run, run till they stop it put Vanderwall in to pass on occasion can't hurt

Anyone who watched last year would question the sanity of this statement. Other than 1 quarter against Af last year, TVW was even more inaccurate than Chambers, and far more turnover prone.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

bladerunnr wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:59 pm
stymeman wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:26 pm Run, run, run till they stop it put Vanderwall in to pass on occasion can't hurt

Anyone who watched last year would question the sanity of this statement. Other than 1 quarter against Af last year, TVW was even more inaccurate than Chambers, and far more turnover prone.
Yeah. With yet another year with whomever's coaching our QBs and receivers, he's probably gotten even worse. Poor kid.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Yeah. With yet another year with whomever's coaching our QBs and receivers, he's probably gotten even worse. Poor kid.
Is this just a slight at Vigen (if it is, disregard this post) or do people not know that he is the QB coach? I keep seeing people question this. Vigen is the QB coach.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

I just heard on the radio where Bohl used the term "grass basketball".
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:42 am I just heard on the radio where Bohl used the term "grass basketball".
Hopefully not "Wyoming" grass basketball. Because we suck ass.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

WestWYOPoke wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:23 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:37 pm

Is this just a slight at Vigen (if it is, disregard this post) or do people not know that he is the QB coach? I keep seeing people question this. Vigen is the QB coach.
That's...not a ringing endorsement.

He can find big-armed QBs that can run, no doubt. But he sucks at coaching them up.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

:twocents:
Last edited by bullbugle307 on Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 21 times

I think it's real important to note that Vigen didn't find Allen, he found us. Don't know the story with Wentz, but I give Vigen no credit for Josh Allen.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
TrackPoke
Ranch Hand

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Sep 20, 2019 6:57 pm I think it's real important to note that Vigen didn't find Allen, he found us. Don't know the story with Wentz, but I give Vigen no credit for Josh Allen.
He didn’t find Levi Williams: https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... 0320b.html