Watched a little of the Okie State Tulsa game earlier

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Had gone out for lunch with my folks and saw the game on a large screen TV.

Wyoming's game plan against Tulsa...……….RUN the goddamned ball!!!!!!! Tulsa has really crappy rushing defense!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 pm Had gone out for lunch with my folks and saw the game on a large screen TV.

Wyoming's game plan against Tulsa...……….RUN the goddamned ball!!!!!!! Tulsa has really crappy rushing defense!!!!!
I don’t think we have to worry about that lol
W-Y, Until I Die!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 pm Had gone out for lunch with my folks and saw the game on a large screen TV.

That's about all we do, so...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

We specialize in 3 and out
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Hope things change just a bit for the roadtrip to Tulsa
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 10 times

I think even if Tulsa loads the box, we'll still be able to run the ball. It'll be another fight for us.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Good to know, since we usually air it out :roll: Tulsa also held MSU to 2.7 yards per attempt and SJSU to 3.7. The nations leading rusher going for 200 on them isn't much of a barometer
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 10 times

wyokoke wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 11:00 am Good to know, since we usually air it out :roll: Tulsa also held MSU to 2.7 yards per attempt and SJSU to 3.7. The nations leading rusher going for 200 on them isn't much of a barometer
I think the run will open the pass. Because our run game is such a threat it will be up to Chambers to get rolling. That could prove to be a large advantage for us that we can confuse Tulsa. That'll be our best shot.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Right now, Tulsa is the favorite by 3.5 points. The bettors are definitely looking deeper into Wyoming than its 3-0 record with a win over Missouri.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

My hope is that we severely limited our playbook for Tx St. and Idaho to conceal our best plays for later in the season. Real pie in the sky thinking, I know
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:07 pm My hope is that we severely limited our playbook for Tx St. and Idaho to conceal our best plays for later in the season. Real pie in the sky thinking, I know
I don't want to be harsh but the fact Chambers can't throw is limiting the playbook. Receiver drops aren't helping. Collectively, the odds of completing a pass for significant yards are low.

Idaho was a terrible run defense, too, but knowing you don't have to worry at all about the pass makes it a lot easier.

To make it even harder, Vigen often uses the same point of attack even if blocking schemes are different. We'll outmuscle some teams but if we get very far behind at all, it's over.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 3:00 pm .……….RUN the goddamned ball!!!!!!! ....
YES, YES! Especially right up the middle! They won't be expecting that!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:12 pm Right now, Tulsa is the favorite by 3.5 points. The bettors are definitely looking deeper into Wyoming than its 3-0 record with a win over Missouri.
The line opened at -4. Money on Wyoming has moved the line.
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
LaradiseCowboy
Ranch Hand

A few comments from the Tulsa football forum:

“We're favored by 4. A two TDs win would be very satisfying.”

“They [wyo] haven’t shown they can pass the ball. Their last two games were anything but impressive against bad competition. If we don’t turn the ball over and our d plays well, it’s very possible.”

“I just look at their pass stats against bad teams and I think our may be able to feast on them. Like I said before, the mizzou game which I get they won, was a really REALLY weird week 1 game.”

“If Wyoming is as bad at passing as stated I'm guessing we load the box and let our DB's handle the recievers one- on-one? We could really shut them down if they don't have any really good recievers.”

“Just read the Wyoming message board, they sound like we did when we had Cody Green at QB. They also think they’ll run over us pretty easily.”

“Comical. I’ve learned that most people on boards are homers and most always pick their teams to win. They’ll be sad come Saturday though. They gonna run all over us like that thrilling 5 point win against Idaho?”

“And trailing most of the game against Texas State.”

Guess we should just toss the Mizzou game out the window because it was a “REALLY weird week 1 game”! Never mind the fact that we played extremely physical in the trenches. I hope we crush these Tulsa turds.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

I watched Tulsa’s game the first week against Michigan St.

Michigan St. has probably as good of a defense as anyone in the country this year from watching them. Tulsa’s defense did a great job on Michigan St. as well. Tulsa’s defense will be tough to against, especially on the road. We will need to pass the ball or I do think we will lose by a couple of TD’s.
Wyoming has looked horrible the last couple of weeks. I could chalk the Texas St. game up to a hangover somewhat and the Texas heat but that Idaho was ridiculous. Idaho sucks and we almost lost.

There needs to be a complete 180 with the way Wyoming plays this week or we will get rolled.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:20 pm There needs to be a complete 180 with the way Wyoming plays this week or we will get rolled.
Completely agree. Plus we haven't won in the State of Oklahoma since 1954. Lost 3 in Stillwater, two in Tulsa, and one in Norman since then.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:53 pm “Just read the Wyoming message board, they sound like we did when we had Cody Green at QB. They also think they’ll run over us pretty easily.”
I don't think anyone said this, but OK. Everyone and their mom is nervous for this game.
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:39 am
LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:53 pm “Just read the Wyoming message board, they sound like we did when we had Cody Green at QB. They also think they’ll run over us pretty easily.”
I don't think anyone said this, but OK. Everyone and their mom is nervous for this game.
yep. i am. i have sensed a real sense of urgency from Bohl in his press conference and post game interview though. So i am really really hoping that they fix our passing problem. I will say...we have run the ball really really really well against 8 and 9 in the box. We need to win this game...it only gets tougher from here. AF really scares me. I think they beat Boise this weekend.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 60 times

LaradiseCowboy wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:53 pm “If Wyoming is as bad at passing as stated I'm guessing we load the box and let our DB's handle the recievers one- on-one? We could really shut them down if they don't have any really good recievers.
Chambers not being a good passer is hurting us but not having a reciever that anybody would ever consider double covering is killing us. I know we don't air it out but this group would not command respect even with Mike Leach at the helm. It takes the stars to align for Wyoming to complete a meaningful pass at this point...either the receiver is open and and Chambers can't deliver, or the pass is on target and the ball is dropped. This does not even take into account the defense ... so even when the stars do align, an individual defender making a great play can still screw it up for Wyoming's passing game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

Run, run, run till they stop it put Vanderwall in to pass on occasion can't hurt