Idaho game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

That's the thing. Our receivers and quarterbacks were better in high school than they are here after receiving coaching here. Chambers throws worse this year than he did last year.

Craig Bohl's in charge of the entire team, but he doesn't coach the receivers and quarterbacks - that part is delegated to somebody. Who is that?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:12 pm That's the thing. Our receivers and quarterbacks were better in high school than they are here after receiving coaching here. Chambers throws worse this year than he did last year.

Craig Bohl's in charge of the entire team, but he doesn't coach the receivers and quarterbacks - that part is delegated to somebody. Who is that?
It's called the Vigen Principle. Vigen gets a hold of players and they get worse.
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Sep 14, 2019 9:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 pm Vigen doesn’t need fired, Bohl is in charge of this poop show of an offense. They are one in the same. Need to find WRs and there’s always plenty transferring but he won’t recruit them. We also need D lineman that weigh more than 260 but hadn’t figured that out either. He will get ( and deserves) a full ten years but he’s not gonna win a conference championship because he won’t adjust to D1 football and get some jucos and transfers to fill in holes. He wasted josh Allen in 17 because he wouldn’t let nico run and didn’t find him a wideout. He is joe Glenn redux but with a poop conference. Here’s to hoping for a miracle.
Talent wise, we have it overall. Size, well, we lost 3 starters on the d-line from last year. So, despite being undersized, the guys up front have done well, overall. Especially in stuffing the run. We've held some really good runners thus far well below their average. And our o-line is finally more than just 4 freshmen and maybe 1 upperclassmen. Something that, until this year, we've had issues with due to injuries or other reasons.

WRs, well, yeah. I don't know how they look worse now then back in high school. And I have to wonder if Vigen just tells all of his QBs to throw as hard as they can, even in short passes. Because we saw the same with Josh that we're seeing with Sean. The staff does find big-armed and athletic QBs, yes. But boy do they suck at coaching them up. I won't deny that.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:27 pm Ideally, WYOMING 63, Idaho 0.

Realistically, Wyoming 24, Idaho 16.
This deserves a boost because it was (unfortunately) so darn close to spot on.
WyoExpat
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:34 pm Overlooked, Breske is a damn good coach!!
I commented something similar to the guy sitting next to me during the game. I don't think we ever complained too much about his defenses while he was on staff here.

I wouldn't mind having him pass through again someday.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

It wasn't pretty. But a win is a win. Have got to clean it up this week in practice before Tulsa. The Golden Hurricane put up a fight against OK State. If we don't play better, we're going to be 3-1.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I completely missed this game yesterday. WTH happened? Jesus, UI almost lost to freaking Central last week.