Idaho game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

They need to recruit a quarterback who can throw to start.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Saved by the flag there.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:10 pm They need to recruit a quarterback who can throw to start.
The quarterbacks we recruit know how to throw in high school. They forget how to once they show up in Laramie.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Fun stat: Sean Chambers completed 60% of his throws last season. He's approaching 35% this year.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Our last loss to Idaho was in 1921! Let that sink in.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm Our last loss to Idaho was in 1921! Let that sink in.
Well, we did escape this one with a win.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Been liked: 2 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:17 pm Our last loss to Idaho was in 1921! Let that sink in.
Left about 6 points on the field with two missed FGs. A lot of dropped passes. And 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

Vigen can find QBs with big arms that can run, but he sucks at coaching them up as QBs.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 34 times

A win is a win I guess. That passing game is absolutely brutal.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:18 pm
Well...thank GAWD!!!!! I couldn't watch the game. But I will be at the Tulsa game.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Well that was waaaaay closer than I thought it would be. If they play like this next week, Tulsa is going to boat race the Pokes. This "we're going to exert our will" bull poop isn't working. I'll take the "W" but damn, time to get a little more creative I would think.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Ugly. Just ugly, but we are 3-0. Now the big question, can we win enough to get to a bowl?
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Overlooked, Breske is a damn good coach!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

Penn State put up 79 vs this team. Even if we overlooked them, we should've been able to score more than 21... that punt return and the 80 yard run saved our bacon.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

1 dimensional offenses get easier to scheme against as the season goes on, even for FCS teams.

The D has some issues to shore up as well.

3-0 is nice and where you want to be. POKES can't seem to get an offense on track the past few years.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:08 pm ... but apparently our offense is easier to figure out how to stop.
It certainly is. here is the opponent coach's figuring: 1) the QB can't pass. 2) don't worry about the pass, especially on 3rd and long. 3) forget the pass. 4) concentrate on the run. 5) Oh, did I mention - forget about the pass.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Good teams smash Idaho but it was close due to these issues....

1. Our kicker cost us 6 points.
2. Our defense had several big flags, especially 44
3. Our WR dropped several passes that were catchable.
4. Our scheme on offense is just poor....we run in between the tackles 90% of our plays and make zero attempts to get players open in space. Our OC is not creative enough to use personnel effectively to maximize talent let alone improve our skills. It's so frustrating to watch our offense.

We are 3-0 and that is great but it surely doesn't feel like it. Our offense has gotten worse it seems but at least we aren't turning it over. Tulsa will be a tough test for us on the road. They played tough vs OSU for most of the game and I am not sure we have the offense to beat them. Maybe we will open up the playbook a little more and get a big W....I was hoping we'd dominate today but I will take it. Not many times in recent years were we 3-0.....and we can build on that......
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster

SMU has 460 yards against Texas State after 3. We had 293 after 4. We managed 287 today against a bad FCS team that a DII team managed 359 against last week. Yes, DII, like Colorado Mesa University.

To say that our offense is bad is an understatement. Did I mention we LOST Time of Possession too?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

That felt like a loss. Vigen needs to GTFO out and move back to north dakota. So tired of having a pathetic, predictable, garbage offense. Year after year. so sick and tired. Bohl needs to wake up. Does he have dementia?
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Vigen doesn’t need fired, Bohl is in charge of this poop show of an offense. They are one in the same. Need to find WRs and there’s always plenty transferring but he won’t recruit them. We also need D lineman that weigh more than 260 but hadn’t figured that out either. He will get ( and deserves) a full ten years but he’s not gonna win a conference championship because he won’t adjust to D1 football and get some jucos and transfers to fill in holes. He wasted josh Allen in 17 because he wouldn’t let nico run and didn’t find him a wideout. He is joe Glenn redux but with a poop conference. Here’s to hoping for a miracle.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 64 times

marcuswyo wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:42 pm Vigen doesn’t need fired, Bohl is in charge of this poop show of an offense. They are one in the same. Need to find WRs and there’s always plenty transferring but he won’t recruit them. We also need D lineman that weigh more than 260 but hadn’t figured that out either. He will get ( and deserves) a full ten years but he’s not gonna win a conference championship because he won’t adjust to D1 football and get some jucos and transfers to fill in holes. He wasted josh Allen in 17 because he wouldn’t let nico run and didn’t find him a wideout. He is joe Glenn redux but with a poop conference. Here’s to hoping for a miracle.
That's a bit harsh. I think there is better offensive talent under Bohl than we ever saw from Glen (at least the talent Glenn and company recruited). But it's hard to argue with the rest of it. I'm just beginning to realize that the great offense of 2016 was due to an abundance of talent. That group could make any play calling look good. What's really disturbing is we had no pass rush against a lower tier team. We couldn't pass block either. What's sadly obvious from the stands is our receivers never get any separation. Chambers isn't all that accurate and he throws the ball so hard that I'm surprised receivers don't have broken fingers. It's amazing because I saw Chambers throw the ball accurately and with touch against csewe last year.