5 Things I Think: Wyoming @ Texas State [Wyonation Blog]

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Nice blog. I just have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Not really sure why
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm Nice blog. I just have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Not really sure why
If it's raining in San Marcos tomorrow, we'll lose but if no weather delay, we should win.

Remember the 2013 at Texas State game? The weather delay helped TSU beat us, 42-21.

Just realized this. Bohl wasn't at UW the last time the Pokes were in San Marcos so.....

I worry about this game tomorrow and the Tulsa game. I have no worries about Spud U. in 8 days.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What I'm looking at for this game is oline play, and turnovers. I want to see if we can sustain what we started last week. I believe our dbs and oline are our strongest units, and could be the best we've had for both groups.

Against a system like theirs I think we should have success. Bohl understands what he needs to do to win. Control the time of possession, and have a good pass defense. I'm fairly confident that we win 34-13
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:01 pm Nice blog. I just have a bad feeling about tomorrow. Not really sure why
I have a bad feeling too. But the reason is the strong possibility that the players are overconfident after last Saturday. Maybe TS going up 14 would be good? I helped in the last game.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

Good points and well said. Pokes just have to live up to it!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

I enjoy reading your blogs. I agree with you that we have a real good chance, if we stay healthy, to start the season 5 and 0. Can you imagine the buzz that would create!?
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'm cautiously optimistic about this game. It could easily go south quickly if they don't play their best football, but I think this team seems to have focus and a never-quit attitude.

I hope Valladay has a huge day offensively and that Chambers won't need to run the ball much to keep drives going.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

Good write up. I was expecting to see older posters fighting you on the "biggest home win in school history" one.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

What I've learned is that if ur want to run and be good, 8+ in the box is what u want. Hat on hat, if u get to the second level, nobody in the defense is back to stop the rush. Bring it on!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 pm Good write up. I was expecting to see older posters fighting you on the "biggest home win in school history" one.
I think there are bigger home wins than Missouri but it will also depend on how Missouri plays the rest of the year.

I would say the opening game win in 1988 against BYU was a bigger win than Missouri. That was back when BYU was just as big or bigger than Boise St. is now and 4 years after their national championship. BYU beat #19 ranked Texas the following week 47-6 after Wyoming beat them 24-14. Of course Texas ended up not being that great that year. There are some other older wins but that is one off the top of my head I think is bigger than Missouri unless Missouri goes like 10-2 or 11-1 the rest of the year.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:03 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Sep 06, 2019 7:44 pm Good write up. I was expecting to see older posters fighting you on the "biggest home win in school history" one.
I think there are bigger home wins than Missouri but it will also depend on how Missouri plays the rest of the year.

I would say the opening game win in 1988 against BYU was a bigger win than Missouri. That was back when BYU was just as big or bigger than Boise St. is now and 4 years after their national championship. BYU beat #19 ranked Texas the following week 47-6 after Wyoming beat them 24-14. Of course Texas ended up not being that great that year. There are some other older wins but that is one off the top of my head I think is bigger than Missouri unless Missouri goes like 10-2 or 11-1 the rest of the year.
That 1988 classic was shown on national T.V. as a part of ESPN's Thursday Night Football.

BTW, I hope everyone knows that Missouri CAN NOT play for both the SEC Championship and/or be in a bowl game due to the fact the NCAA gave them a one year probation for major academic fraud in three sports...football, baseball, and softball.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

The lack of a pass rush against Missouri was by design. Containing Kelly Bryant's legs was more important than letting him have a clean pocket. He's a great athlete, but a mediocre passer. The Texas State quarterbacks have significantly less mobility so this week should tell us more about the defense's ability to rush the passer.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Didn’t we beat a top 10 Arizona st. team back in the 60s?

And the win over Boise three years ago felt just as big if not bigger. Maybe that’s just me
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

We find a way, this time
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Sep 07, 2019 8:37 am Didn’t we beat a top 10 Arizona st. team back in the 60s?
Try 1972. We beat #11 Arizona State in Laramie, 45-43. Apparently nobody's defense showed up that day.