Texas State Predictions

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

I'm ready to move on to our next game and think about them. If we are able to maintain our current outputs defensively, and offensively I see this game with a convincing Wyoming win. 34-17
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

This game scares me more than Missouri. Now were the hunted. Were going to take everyones best punch. Has the feeling of a trap game.

If Bohl and Co. come out and play sound, physical football the Pokes roll. 42-14.

If Bohl and Co. are hungover from saturdays incredible game, Pokes take it on the chin. UW has already seen what can happen when you roll into San Marcos lazy and unprepared.
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 am This game scares me more than Missouri. Now were the hunted. Were going to take everyones best punch. Has the feeling of a trap game.

If Bohl and Co. come out and play sound, physical football the Pokes roll. 42-14.

If Bohl and Co. are hungover from saturdays incredible game, Pokes take it on the chin. UW has already seen what can happen when you roll into San Marcos lazy and unprepared.
Completely agree. The WORST scenario that could unfold is, after this HUGE win over MU, we go to Texas State... out of the Sun Belt Conference... and lose. That would completely erase any positives from the win last week. We have to hit the scoreboard early and set the tone, I think, because TX State played Texas A&M tough. They feel like they can win this game also.

Limit the turnovers, dumb penalties, and keep the ball moving and points on the board.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 105 times

I get the impression that this is not a team that lets themselves get too comfortable or too panicked. They're even keeled, focused, and determined. I do think that Texas State is going to put some points up, but not many.

WYO 38 - TXST 10
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

This game is going to be a dog fight. Calling it now. I think we win, but it's going to be close. 24-21 Pokes
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

I believe it will be 27-17 for the Pokes. We can't rely on turnovers in the endzone on a consistent basis; however, I do believe the talent is there on the offense that Texas State will have a tough time stopping the run causing the Pokes to eat clock.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Jut get the W. I don't care about the score (I say that now, but watch me rant rave this weekend).
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 17 times
Been liked: 12 times

I'll go with...

UW 30
Texas State 20
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Sunbelt team. Formerly known as Southwest Texas State.

Last week lost to Texas A&M. 41-7.

Bob Stitt runs their offense down there. Their scheme will be scary good. Head coach Jake Spavetti had plenty of time with the offense at Oklahoma State and I believe at Texas A&M. So our defense will be tested. Texas State's new head coach in offensive-minded Jake Spavital and Bob Stitt ( head coach at Colorado School of Mines and Montana )who is known for his innovation. One of their QBs is a Montana transfer so he'll understand Stitt's offense

The Bobcats were a three win team in 2018. Total of ten wins in the last 4 years. That doesn't change overnight , but I like their coaching staff. A lot of returning players. Not big on the O line however there is lots of talent in Texas and they are returning a lot of starters. Good news and bad news with players coming back. Scoring only 7 against the Aggies might show that offensively they might not be ready for this offense, but of course it was a game vs a top SEC program.

Texas State's program is financially in a mess, but they will be ready.

Not going 0-2 will be an extra motivator for Texas State. Having Wyoming on their schedule is their biggest home game this year. Their Missouri.

Bohl will have them ready and the Pokes have a great leaders in Logan Wilson on D and Chambers on offense. This team is built nicely.

Texas state played on Thursday so they have a couple extra days to look at the Cowboys plus the Pokes travel to San Marco.

Texas State is not Missouri but we are on the road.

Wyoming 34
TSU 24
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

Pokes 21 - Texas State 14.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

WYO_Fan_inPA wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:18 am
ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:55 am This game scares me more than Missouri. Now were the hunted. Were going to take everyones best punch. Has the feeling of a trap game.

Completely agree. The WORST scenario that could unfold is, after this HUGE win over MU, we go to Texas State... out of the Sun Belt Conference... and lose. That would completely erase any positives from the win last week. We have to hit the scoreboard early and set the tone, I think, because TX State played Texas A&M tough. They feel like they can win this game also.

Limit the turnovers, dumb penalties, and keep the ball moving and points on the board.
This game scares me, too. Any team is subject to a let down the week after a big win, but I think the Pokes win it by 7 or fewer points but I think they win the game, nonetheless.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

34-17 Pokes.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

Douglaspoke wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:01 pm Sunbelt team. Formerly known as Southwest Texas State.

Last week lost to Texas A&M. 41-7.

Bob Stitt runs their offense down there. Their scheme will be scary good. Head coach Jake Spavetti had plenty of time with the offense at Oklahoma State and I believe at Texas A&M. So our defense will be tested. Texas State's new head coach in offensive-minded Jake Spavital and Bob Stitt ( head coach at Colorado School of Mines and Montana )who is known for his innovation. One of their QBs is a Montana transfer so he'll understand Stitt's offense

The Bobcats were a three win team in 2018. Total of ten wins in the last 4 years. That doesn't change overnight , but I like their coaching staff. A lot of returning players. Not big on the O line however there is lots of talent in Texas and they are returning a lot of starters. Good news and bad news with players coming back. Scoring only 7 against the Aggies might show that offensively they might not be ready for this offense, but of course it was a game vs a top SEC program.

Texas State's program is financially in a mess, but they will be ready.

Not going 0-2 will be an extra motivator for Texas State. Having Wyoming on their schedule is their biggest home game this year. Their Missouri.

Bohl will have them ready and the Pokes have a great leaders in Logan Wilson on D and Chambers on offense. This team is built nicely.

Texas state played on Thursday so they have a couple extra days to look at the Cowboys plus the Pokes travel to San Marco.

Texas State is not Missouri but we are on the road.

Wyoming 34
TSU 24
Thanks for the info! I didn’t realize that Stitt was running their offense. This game scares me a lot more. I’ve never seen a coach that could gameplan to the athletic and size disadvantages as well as Stitt. I’ve watched a lot of Stitt football obviously, expect the unexpected.
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

Very concerned about this game. I watched the texas am / tx state game this week just to see what we would be dealing with and their defense is good. they are fast and they tackle well. I hope we can dominate the line of scrimmage and we should be okay. but TX State will be ready to play. we will learn a little bit about our team from character standpoint this weekend. If they come in thinking they are going to walk all over them, then i would say that's not a good thing. but my intuition tells me this team has good character and we have a good culture going...Go Pokes!!!!