How about the W-Y-O Cheer?!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Freaking awesome! and we got it twice. This is about my favorite tradition. Well done by the athletics department and cheerleaders.
MN_Poke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 19 times
Been liked: 24 times

I saw a video of that. Very well done. Made me :D and sent chills down my spine. Hope they keep it up every game. I loved that during my time at UW late 80s/early 90s
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

It was loud as hell too. The crowd, at least around me, was the best I can remember in a long, long time.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
Douglaspoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 5 times

Yes that was so fun doing it again.

A tradition that hopefully doesn't get lost again.

The ath department uses it for background on their recent video.

Well done.
BTW a call into the ath dept might get it a 3rd or 4- th time.
I'll take the twice per gamel
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

My friend who moved here from St. Louis a couple of years ago had a great time in Laramie with his 10-year old son. Said he was incredibly impressed with how friendly everybody was even to people in visiting team's gear, and as much as he hated the cheering and singing when we scored, he was impressed with how everybody participated.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 pm My friend who moved here from St. Louis a couple of years ago had a great time in Laramie with his 10-year old son. Said he was incredibly impressed with how friendly everybody was even to people in visiting team's gear, and as much as he hated the cheering and singing when we scored, he was impressed with how everybody participated.
Had a very similar situation with the Missouri fans in front of us. Obviously they were disappointed but they turned around and shook our hands and said that they were very impressed with the fan base and raved about our facilities. Said they were expecting some po dunk hick town with run down facilities but said from what they could see they rivaled any in SEC towns. So that was nice to hear. We had a great time bantering back and forth during the game. It was all in fun and they were very complimentary.

WAY better than the red cancer that rolled in a few years ago.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I guess I didn't notice anything different about the cheer this year. What changed? Haven't we always done it. Was it just that they did it twice and last year only once?

Its a great cheer but I think I prefer the GO COWBOYS between the east and west stands personally.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am I guess I didn't notice anything different about the cheer this year. What changed? Haven't we always done it. Was it just that they did it twice and last year only once?

Its a great cheer but I think I prefer the GO COWBOYS between the east and west stands personally.
No. This cheer is a relic from the past that disappeared in the 2000s appeared again strong in 2016 after former marketing manager David Primus brought it back. It was spotty in 2017 and 2018. It's by far our best organized cheer and was a staple in the mid-late 90s when I got hooked on Cowboy football. It's one of my fondest childhood memories.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am
TSpoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:50 am I guess I didn't notice anything different about the cheer this year. What changed? Haven't we always done it. Was it just that they did it twice and last year only once?

No. This cheer is a relic from the past that disappeared in the 2000s appeared again strong in 2016 after former marketing manager David Primus brought it back. It was spotty in 2017 and 2018. It's by far our best organized cheer and was a staple in the mid-late 90s when I got hooked on Cowboy football. It's one of my fondest childhood memories.
Ok. I remember them doing it at every game for the last couple years so I was curious if anything was different. Sounds like they did it twice last game so that is cool. I only remember the once(maybe I was peeing for the other one) Great cheer but like I said I prefer the Go Cowboys one that has also been around a long time.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 8:47 am
Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:54 pm My friend who moved here from St. Louis a couple of years ago had a great time in Laramie with his 10-year old son. Said he was incredibly impressed with how friendly everybody was even to people in visiting team's gear, and as much as he hated the cheering and singing when we scored, he was impressed with how everybody participated.
Had a very similar situation with the Missouri fans in front of us. Obviously they were disappointed but they turned around and shook our hands and said that they were very impressed with the fan base and raved about our facilities. Said they were expecting some po dunk hick town with run down facilities but said from what they could see they rivaled any in SEC towns. So that was nice to hear. We had a great time bantering back and forth during the game. It was all in fun and they were very complimentary.

Are you talking about Washington State? Because if you are I've never met douchier fans. My dad and I almost threw down with a couple of them.

The Missouri fans we talked to were great. Very friendly and were complimentary of our town and university.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

TSpoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:57 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 9:46 am

Ok. I remember them doing it at every game for the last couple years so I was curious if anything was different. Sounds like they did it twice last game so that is cool. I only remember the once(maybe I was peeing for the other one) Great cheer but like I said I prefer the Go Cowboys one that has also been around a long time.
Nice. Yeah we should do the Go Cowboys cheer too. I just love hearing one side of the stadium shout and then the other. So cool
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 am

Are you talking about Washington State? Because if you are I've never met douchier fans. My dad and I almost threw down with a couple of them.
I assumed that he was talking about Nebraska when they came to town a few years ago, but maybe he did mean Wazzu.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2019 10:05 am

The Missouri fans we talked to were great. Very friendly and were complimentary of our town and university.
I was actually talking about Nebraska but now that you mention WSU, they sucked too
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 300 times
Been liked: 119 times

Glad that Burman allowed his department to do what they needed to do with the WYO cheer - since he and his lame assed department (at that time) largely killed it in 2004 (for roughly 10+ years) in favor of "Powder River - Let 'Er Buck".
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
WYO_Fan_inPA
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 12 times

Nebraska, lol, those fans are still lost in all the success from the 1990s... reality and the 21st century hasn't settled in yet, ha ha.