Bohl Gets 100k Bonus For Beating Missouri

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

https://trib.com/sports/college/wyoming ... dcec4.html

Although, the academics will complain, this is money well spent in my opinion. More national exposure to the program and University, more gear sold, more butts in seats.... It pays for itself and then some.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Money well spent!
Wyobuck
Buckaroo

I often wonder how professional athletes and coaches justify their ridiculous salaries in their minds for playing or coaching a game. Do they ever consider our disabled vets who gave all for their country. Bohl should donate the $100k to the DAV.
AS far as UW Athletics goes, you'd think they could hire a couple of game announcers that could do a better job than the pathetic excuse they have for announcers now.
Congratulations to the players for a great job on the field, I hope you continue your great effort and not fall back on your haunches especially when facing lesser foes than the Tigers.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Wyobuck wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:14 pm I often wonder how professional athletes and coaches justify their ridiculous salaries in their minds for playing or coaching a game. Do they ever consider our disabled vets who gave all for their country. Bohl should donate the $100k to the DAV.
It's capitalism in its purest form. Almost anybody can be a soldier, teacher, police officer, or waiter/waitress, while there's only a few very talented football coaches who can squeeze the most out of college and pro players. Consequently, we don't pay the former all that much, while the latter get paid more in a year than many of the others get in a lifetime.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyobuck wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:14 pm I often wonder how professional athletes and coaches justify their ridiculous salaries in their minds for playing or coaching a game. Do they ever consider our disabled vets who gave all for their country. Bohl should donate the $100k to the DAV.
AS far as UW Athletics goes, you'd think they could hire a couple of game announcers that could do a better job than the pathetic excuse they have for announcers now.
Congratulations to the players for a great job on the field, I hope you continue your great effort and not fall back on your haunches especially when facing lesser foes than the Tigers.

Which announcers are you referring to? I hope you aren't referring to Dave and Kevin?

As far as what coaches and athletes make for money, college and pro sports are a business and the coaches and players generate a lot of money for those businesses so they are paid based on how much those businesses bring in. Don't see any problem with it. Can think of it like a salesman getting a commission when he makes a sale. They don't need to justify or explain how much they make.

Each individual can contribute what they wish to anything they wish. Coach Bohl doesn't need to donate to any particular place just because you think he should. My guess is you probably contribute to Vets and that is good for you. We probably shouldn't turn this into a political forum.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Seems like wyobuck likes communism. Let’s control the market and make sure highly skilled individuals don’t get paid compared to low skill jobs. I love the military and I love teachers but there are only 125? D1 head coaches and the produce more money. They can get paid.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

Our government/country should take care of our vets at the highest level possible. Having said that, nobody should have to reflect on our veteran affairs when they earn a living based on decisions they made to earn it. Veterans help provide us with the opportunity and freedom to do so. People can decide from their hearts how they want to give back to society and it's nobody's business.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 1:06 pm
It's capitalism in its purest form. Almost anybody can be a soldier, teacher, police officer, or waiter/waitress, while there's only a few very talented football coaches who can squeeze the most out of college and pro players. Consequently, we don't pay the former all that much, while the latter get paid more in a year than many of the others get in a lifetime.
Not to mention the number of hours and stress a coach needs to deal with in order to be successful. Turnover is extremely high and tough on a family when you have to move on a frequent basis.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I do hope Bohl did something nice for his assistants. They are underpaid in my opinion. Wyo will more than recoup Bohl's bonus on extra ticket sales. What a college coach makes gas absolutely nothing to do with vets or teachers. That my friends is the definition of "red herring"