Missouri at Wyoming

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:08 pm I never thought I’d say this. Wyoming appears to be more athletic than SEC Missouri. The freshman RB and freshman safety are impressive.
Weak points being the undersized d-line, and getting Chambers more comfortable as a passer. Otherwise, yeah.

Though losing 2 starters late in the game, including our shutdown corner, really didn't help out.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

Not to get ahead of ourselves or jinx anything but the way the schedule sets up.... and after seeing how San Diego St. looked tonight and the fact we get Nevada at home we have a decent chance to be 8-0 going into the Boise St. game.

Of course Nevada won’t be easy by any means and that game at Tulsa is tricky also. Just trying to think positive and of the possibilities.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I left early thinking we were losin, oooops
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I'd love to see the look on Dave Christensen's face when he picks up the paper in the morning and see's Wyoming dropped Missouri.

Nice f-word ethics, err win Craig! Woooooo
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

I left early thinking we were losin, oooops
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

stymeman wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:21 pm I left early thinking we were losin, oooops
You left in the first quarter?
Wyo2dal
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 1 time

So this is how Boise State fans always feel. I like this feeling.
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I was ready to run Vigen outta Laramie with a pitchfork and an angry mob after the 1st quarter. Now I'm happily eating crow tonight, because I didn't think we stood a chance in this game. And I was pretty vocal about it too.

After coming down from the emotions of that game, I'm wondering about the defense. They made big plays, but they also let missouri drive right down the field several times and let them right back in the game. We were one play away from this being the one that got away, so to speak.

Also wondering about our passing game. Chambers almost had twice as many incompletions as completions. But he still hasn't thrown a pick, so at least that was encouraging. Time will tell, but I think Boise will be the only team we play that's possibly better than Missouri this year.

Overall though, I'm just happily eating crow, and rethinking my expectations for this team after a much needed big win. We haven't had a big win like this since we beat Boise, and it could mean a lot for our program if we can keep it up.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm Not to get ahead of ourselves or jinx anything but the way the schedule sets up.... and after seeing how San Diego St. looked tonight and the fact we get Nevada at home we have a decent chance to be 8-0 going into the Boise St. game.

Of course Nevada won’t be easy by any means and that game at Tulsa is tricky also. Just trying to think positive and of the possibilities.
It's definitely possible. Just like 1-7 is possible. ;)

Last time we were supposed to beat Texas State, they whooped us, if I remember correctly? I'm just going to enjoy this win for a while and hope that we improve and play even better next game.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:52 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:20 pm Not to get ahead of ourselves or jinx anything but the way the schedule sets up.... and after seeing how San Diego St. looked tonight and the fact we get Nevada at home we have a decent chance to be 8-0 going into the Boise St. game.

It's definitely possible. Just like 1-7 is possible. ;)

Last time we were supposed to beat Texas State, they whooped us, if I remember correctly? I'm just going to enjoy this win for a while and hope that we improve and play even better next game.
Last time we played them, in Laramie, we wupped them pretty good.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 pm I was ready to run Vigen outta Laramie with a pitchfork and an angry mob after the 1st quarter. Now I'm happily eating crow tonight, because I didn't think we stood a chance in this game. And I was pretty vocal about it too.

After coming down from the emotions of that game, I'm wondering about the defense. They made big plays, but they also let missouri drive right down the field several times and let them right back in the game. We were one play away from this being the one that got away, so to speak.

Also wondering about our passing game. Chambers almost had twice as many incompletions as completions. But he still hasn't thrown a pick, so at least that was encouraging. Time will tell, but I think Boise will be the only team we play that's possibly better than Missouri this year.

Overall though, I'm just happily eating crow, and rethinking my expectations for this team after a much needed big win. We haven't had a big win like this since we beat Boise, and it could mean a lot for our program if we can keep it up.
It was an interesting game. In the first quarter, it seemed vigen tried to lull everyone to sleep with the same old stuff. After a few 3 and outs, we had pass plays and quarterback runs. No longer could the defense 'stack the box' and expect to get off the field.

Our defense is still holding true to what Bohl has been preaching. Stop the run. Make 'em pass. I like how our secondary is performing for the most part. I wish our D-line could get some more pressure during pass plays. But they do sell out a bit to stop the run. I guess that makes sense - the pass is riskier than the run.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Great win! I'll remember this one for a long time. Go Pokes!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:48 pm I was ready to run Vigen outta Laramie with a pitchfork and an angry mob after the 1st quarter. Now I'm happily eating crow tonight, because I didn't think we stood a chance in this game. And I was pretty vocal about it too.

Definitely list of things to improve on which is good in some ways. Chiefly that it will give the coaches plenty to work on with the players to hopefully prevent excessive head inflation. That said Mizzou was expected to have a good to great offense this season and a dark horse for winning their division. That is more expectations than the last SEC team that came to town had. Now that this game is over, here is to Mizzou winning out.

Hey SEC 0-2 in Wyoming. I see a travel ban coming into place if this keeps up :D

Good win Pokes, my 6 year old daughter had little clue what was happening, but she was super excited with how excited her dad, Dave and Kevin were. Good memories tonight and thank you to the players and coaches for that. The kid needed this more than they know. Go Pokes!
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer

So, great game, and obviously a great crowd throughout the night. But how many people were announced?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 am So, great game, and obviously a great crowd throughout the night. But how many people were announced?
26k and some change. The seating in the stadium had gaps - but both endzones were packed. I wonder about that. Pokes fans were loud - and mostly engaged in the game. Hell - I'm hoarse from all my yelling!

Its too bad it didn't sell out.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:27 am
fromolwyoming wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 12:19 am So, great game, and obviously a great crowd throughout the night. But how many people were announced?
26k and some change. The seating in the stadium had gaps - but both endzones were packed. I wonder about that. Pokes fans were loud - and mostly engaged in the game. Hell - I'm hoarse from all my yelling!

Its too bad it didn't sell out.
It still looked pretty good on the TV! That second quarter performance kept people in the stands past half time.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 pm Give credit where credit is due, the play calling was anything but vanilla.
The rumor I heard was that Vigen got sick and had to leave after the first quarter. His 12 yr. old daughter had to call the rest of the game.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Sep 01, 2019 11:50 am
PokeTransplant wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:28 pm Give credit where credit is due, the play calling was anything but vanilla.
The rumor I heard was that Vigen got sick and had to leave after the first quarter. His 12 yr. old daughter had to call the rest of the game.
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
FarEastPoke
Ranch Hand

'Hey SEC 0-2 in Wyoming. I see a travel ban coming into place if this keeps up :D'

I hate to burst your bubble here, but that's not entirely accurate... We lost to Texas A&M in Laramie. True, they weren't an SEC team at the time, but they are now so technically a team in today's SEC has beaten us at home-- just saying...
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 43 times

FarEastPoke wrote: Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:46 pm 'Hey SEC 0-2 in Wyoming. I see a travel ban coming into place if this keeps up :D'

I hate to burst your bubble here, but that's not entirely accurate... We lost to Texas A&M in Laramie. True, they weren't an SEC team at the time, but they are now so technically a team in today's SEC has beaten us at home-- just saying...
Sadly that was during the Kenning Horror in 2001....but the loss wasn't that bad, 28-20, considering it was on ESPN.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!