T-Minus 6 days to the Missouri Game!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 32 times
Been liked: 16 times

We just can't beat P5 teams. I would love to be proven wrong, but as they say in Missouri, show me! Some may call me a pessimist, but I've been a fan for almost 50 years. I want consecutive years of being at the top of the conference. Is that too much to ask?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

phxpoke wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:20 pm We just can't beat P5 teams. I would love to be proven wrong, but as they say in Missouri, show me! Some may call me a pessimist, but I've been a fan for almost 50 years. I want consecutive years of being at the top of the conference. Is that too much to ask?
It sucks we lost alot of our defensive line this year - and our defensive coordinator - but I do think we will have a solid defense this year. Offensively, I think we are looking much better than last year.

We will win this game - not by much - but we will win it. We do have one of the best teams we have had in Wyoming in a long time.
GOWYO
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

including two cousins from Missouri. Gonna be fun no matter what!
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

WyoBrandX wrote: Wed Aug 28, 2019 5:43 pm
phxpoke wrote: Tue Aug 27, 2019 10:20 pm We just can't beat P5 teams. I would love to be proven wrong, but as they say in Missouri, show me! Some may call me a pessimist, but I've been a fan for almost 50 years. I want consecutive years of being at the top of the conference. Is that too much to ask?
It sucks we lost alot of our defensive line this year - and our defensive coordinator - but I do think we will have a solid defense this year. Offensively, I think we are looking much better than last year.

We will win this game - not by much - but we will win it. We do have one of the best teams we have had in Wyoming in a long time.
You do realize Bohl has lost his P5 games by on average 4 TDS. You think this is one of the best teams we’ve had? This is a 6-6 team replacing a bunch of talent. That’s not how Wyoming teams are good (usually a lot of returning senior talent). We’re fielding a defensive line that weighs about 255 on average vs a deep an experienced SEC front. They’re going to truck us by the time the 3rd and 4th quarter roll around. We also have an inept offense that will be trying to run the hall down a SEC teams throat. The final score will be mostly dependent upon how hard Mizzou goes for 4 quarters.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

You do realize Bohl has lost his P5 games by on average 4 TDS. You think this is one of the best teams we’ve had? This is a 6-6 team replacing a bunch of talent. That’s not how Wyoming teams are good (usually a lot of returning senior talent). We’re fielding a defensive line that weighs about 255 on average vs a deep an experienced SEC front. They’re going to truck us by the time the 3rd and 4th quarter roll around. We also have an inept offense that will be trying to run the hall down a SEC teams throat. The final score will be mostly dependent upon how hard Mizzou goes for 4 quarters.
I'll say Missouri by 24. Their coaching staff won't risk their starters past mid-3rd quarter and if they are up by 3 scores by the 4th, he'll take his foot off the gas and coast to the finish. Probably going to be a typical Wyoming vs P5 game, close in the first quarter, mistakes lead to at least a 2 score Missouri lead by half, 3rd quarter and the Pokes will look gassed, and the rest is history......
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I like your thoughts. I too think this is the year we take the next step. Screw the nay-sayers. We are gonna win this game. Chambers is gonna make this offense come alive and the WR are out to prove something after last year.
On D, our secondary is gonna be lights out. Our corner group is the best in the MW and may prove to be one of the better ones in the country. I'm not worried about our safetys they are good but haven't had a chance to play because of who they were behind the last couple years. Our linebackers are still strong. ANd our D-line are thin and on the small side but they will surprise with their quickness(they will be our weakness but not as bad as people say)

We haven't seen this team play so I choose to believe they will take the next step. If i'm wrong, I'll live I'm a big boy, I will get over being disappointed. But as of now, Its a new year with a clean slate. 12-0 baby.
IowaCowboy
Buckaroo

I do like to try and read between the lines in Bohl's interviews, and his interviews remind me of the 2016 season. He talks about how much more athletic our defense is....and the quality of the offensive line. Now, that might just be coach talk, but in years past you could tell when Bohl was worried about certain areas (namely the offensive line) and it proved to be correct. I'm drinking the kool-aid right now, but I am optimistic. Vigen...please be smart and stretch the defense early. please. I'll be at the WAR in spirit...wish i could be there but will be chewing on some corn in iowa watching. Go pokes.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

I will be cheering like crazy for Wyoming and hope they can pull of a win....... with that said....

being realistic about it, this will be a really tough game to win.

Missouri has 3 all sec O-linemen and their O-line averages around 330 pounds I believe going up against a Wyoming d-line that averages around 265 pounds. I don't really see anyway our defense will stop them. They have a lot of experience back at receiver and a running back who ran for 1,300 yards or so last year and add in Kelly Bryant at QB and going to be tough for our d to stop them with such a small d-line.

We may score more being at home and having a better QB this year but don't think we will be anywhere close enough to keep up with them if they want to put their foot on the pedal. Hope I am wrong and we win, just don't see it happening.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:25 am

Eh - I'm a fan first. I find Wyoming Cowboy football exciting. It represents many things about my life in Wyoming. I expressed an opinion and I hope it comes through. Football is full of facts and just as many guesses, emotions and other parts of the experience.

If I honestly thought that we were going to get torched, never win a game again, and we suck, well I wouldn't even bother to show up.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 133 times
Been liked: 141 times

I’d feel better if they were working in some underclass qb instead of Kelly Bryant.
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

And Bohl beat em a few times at NDSU, but hey, this IS Wyoming lol
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 44 times

Oh yeah T minus 1 day(and a few hours) til Mizzou and a fun opening day
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

IowaCowboy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am I do like to try and read between the lines in Bohl's interviews, and his interviews remind me of the 2016 season. He talks about how much more athletic our defense is....and the quality of the offensive line. Now, that might just be coach talk, but in years past you could tell when Bohl was worried about certain areas (namely the offensive line) and it proved to be correct. I'm drinking the kool-aid right now, but I am optimistic. Vigen...please be smart and stretch the defense early. please. I'll be at the WAR in spirit...wish i could be there but will be chewing on some corn in iowa watching. Go pokes.
Vanilla Vigen is gonna do what Vanilla Vigen does best. Predictable play calling, run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on an obvious passing down on almost every possession is all we're ever gonna see from the guy. It's so bull headed to think our smash your teeth in offensive philosophy is gonna work against Missouri, but our coaches are as stubborn as they come, and they're gonna be predictable to a fault like always. Bohl already came out and said we're gonna run our typical offense. Might as well hand em the play book. From the first snap, we're gonna make Missouris defensive coordinators job very easy. I'd bet Missouri takes a two TD lead after we go two 3 and outs on our first two possessions. They'll be up by at least 2 TDs at the end of the first quarter.

We don't stand a chance, it'll be Missouri by at least 3 TDs when it's all said and done, probably more. They'll score at least 35, well be lucky if the offense puts it in the end zone more than once. I'd bet we score 1 TD at most and maybe 2 field goals if the defense makes some big plays. Frankly, until I see otherwise, I have more confidence in our defense scoring 2 TDs than our offense in this one.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
Vapoke
Cowpoke

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:40 am
IowaCowboy wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 11:37 am I do like to try and read between the lines in Bohl's interviews, and his interviews remind me of the 2016 season. He talks about how much more athletic our defense is....and the quality of the offensive line. Now, that might just be coach talk, but in years past you could tell when Bohl was worried about certain areas (namely the offensive line) and it proved to be correct. I'm drinking the kool-aid right now, but I am optimistic. Vigen...please be smart and stretch the defense early. please. I'll be at the WAR in spirit...wish i could be there but will be chewing on some corn in iowa watching. Go pokes.
Vanilla Vigen is gonna do what Vanilla Vigen does best. Predictable play calling, run up the middle, run up the middle, pass on an obvious passing down on almost every possession is all we're ever gonna see from the guy. It's so bull headed to think our smash your teeth in offensive philosophy is gonna work against Missouri, but our coaches are as stubborn as they come, and they're gonna be predictable to a fault like always. Bohl already came out and said we're gonna run our typical offense. Might as well hand em the play book. From the first snap, we're gonna make Missouris defensive coordinators job very easy. I'd bet Missouri takes a two TD lead after we go two 3 and outs on our first two possessions. They'll be up by at least 2 TDs at the end of the first quarter.

We don't stand a chance, it'll be Missouri by at least 3 TDs when it's all said and done, probably more. They'll score at least 35, well be lucky if the offense puts it in the end zone more than once. I'd bet we score 1 TD at most and maybe 2 field goals if the defense makes some big plays. Frankly, until I see otherwise, I have more confidence in our defense scoring 2 TDs than our offense in this one.

That’s right Vigen will never put the team in position to win against big teams. His philosophy is to not to lose bad, but the Offense shoulders will slump after 3 crappy drives and the D will finally crumble in the 3rd Quarter.
My guess for the score changed and I can see it more of 52-7.
This is the first season and I will not watch Football or Men’s basketball. I’m sure the kids on great, but I can’t support a staff that does not put them in position to win games.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

calpoke25 wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 7:25 am

I'm so glad that you were wrong. But you were right for the most part. I think there were two keys to this game -

1.) offense was multi dimensional, we can run, we can run the quarterback, and we can throw.
2.) the defense could get off the field several times - and did so with a score or two.

End of the day, we won. We were outplayed, but thats the point of having a good defense.
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

CowboyNV wrote: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:25 am
I'll say Missouri by 24. Their coaching staff won't risk their starters past mid-3rd quarter and if they are up by 3 scores by the 4th, he'll take his foot off the gas and coast to the finish. Probably going to be a typical Wyoming vs P5 game, close in the first quarter, mistakes lead to at least a 2 score Missouri lead by half, 3rd quarter and the Pokes will look gassed, and the rest is history......
I've never been happier to eat a big plate of crow in my life :lol: Gutty win for these kids. After Missouri went ahead 14-0 I thought it was over. The kids obviously didn't. Really proud of that bunch. Well done Cowboys. Now, back to that crow breakfast..........................
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times

I’m happy to dine at the “crow” table as well. Give me a huge scoop of it. The way Missouri came back at the end, those two turnovers at the goal line and interception in the end zone ended up being huge. Especially that goal line fumble.

Glad we were on the right side of things this time.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 60 times

Vapoke wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:26 am
bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 3:40 am

That’s right Vigen will never put the team in position to win against big teams. His philosophy is to not to lose bad, but the Offense shoulders will slump after 3 crappy drives and the D will finally crumble in the 3rd Quarter.
My guess for the score changed and I can see it more of 52-7.
This is the first season and I will not watch Football or Men’s basketball. I’m sure the kids on great, but I can’t support a staff that does not put them in position to win games.
Couldn't agree more on men's basketball... Couldn't disagree more on football.
ZapPoke
Cowpoke
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 40 times

My first visit to the site this season. Hilarious to read what was posted pre-game. :rofl:

Go Pokes