Ravontae Holt out for year with ACL

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Terrible news
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

DAMN! That is a player we couldn't afford to lose. I'm really worried about the defense taking a huge step back this year.

Best of luck to Holt in his recovery and hope to see him full strength next year. He does have a redhsirt to burn.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Yeah. I've got a bad feeling in my gut. Ravontae is one of the most important players this year. We've got to have some freshmen step up. Get well soon, Ravontae
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

FFS
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Losing holt and youhanna essentially. Can’t imagine us being that stingy in the middle. Time to setup up young cowboys
W-Y, Until I Die!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Uffh, ugh were my thoughts on this news
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

Damn. Unfortunately, I was expecting one of these early/pre season season altering injuries to crop up like they always do, and sure enough, there it is. Lack of good depth behind our 1s is what kills us. How many times do our 1s go toe to toe and match up well for the first half of a game (especially in the glenn era). Then the other team starts rotating in their fresh 2s and 3s against our tired 1s or 2s and 3s that aren't nearly as good as theirs, and the other team wears us down or exploits our depth weaknesses and we lose as a result. Unfortunately, this always seems to be a problem with Cowboy football.
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:49 pm Damn. Unfortunately, I was expecting one of these early/pre season season altering injuries to crop up like they always do, and sure enough, there it is. Lack of good depth behind our 1s is what kills us. How many times do our 1s go toe to toe and match up well for the first half of a game (especially in the glenn era). Then the other team starts rotating in their fresh 2s and 3s against our tired 1s or 2s and 3s that aren't nearly as good as theirs, and the other team wears us down or exploits our depth weaknesses and we lose as a result. Unfortunately, this always seems to be a problem with Cowboy football.
Sad to hear that about the young man. I hope he has a speedy recovery and comes back full strength next year. But you are right about backups that is of course the key to having a good team. Most all teams have serious injuries but the teams that have quality back ups are the ones that go on to have good seasons.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:49 pm Damn. Unfortunately, I was expecting one of these early/pre season season altering injuries to crop up like they always do, and sure enough, there it is. Lack of good depth behind our 1s is what kills us. How many times do our 1s go toe to toe and match up well for the first half of a game (especially in the glenn era). Then the other team starts rotating in their fresh 2s and 3s against our tired 1s or 2s and 3s that aren't nearly as good as theirs, and the other team wears us down or exploits our depth weaknesses and we lose as a result. Unfortunately, this always seems to be a problem with Cowboy football.
Yup...depth really separates the football factory schools from everybody else...I really don't think Wyoming has it that much worse than other schools at it's level though. Easy to feel snake-bit sometimes when year after year key injuries seem to steal away wins.