WY v MU Friendly Hoops Game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
AndrewSquadcar
Buckaroo

Anyone interested in meeting up for a friendly game of basketball the morning of the football game? We've got a group of six Missouri alums that go to one away game a year and we try and get a pick up game together with the locals. We only ask you be over 30, old and fat(we all are), have never played college ball, and that you're not a jerk. (most of us play low level rec now). PM me.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The poop beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.

I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The poop beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.

wtf? This is all BS. The Missouri fans will get along just fine with Wyoming fans at the bars.

Dude comes looking for a reasonable request for something fun and gets a ridiculous response. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Laramie willing to play a pick up game before the football game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The poop beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.

wtf? This is all BS. The Missouri fans will get along just fine with Wyoming fans at the bars.

Dude comes looking for a reasonable request for something fun and gets a ridiculous response. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Laramie willing to play a pick up game before the football game.
Agreed - this is all nonsense. I'd play but I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a basketball. And I'm terrible with the elbows. Keep looking - you'll find people to play with - Laramie is a very active town.

If you are looking for some adventures up here - we all have great ideas. Cool stuff at vedavoo, the snowys, the town is fun too. ATV and horseback riding are alot of fun. There might be a music fest the MU weekend (I'd have to look it up).

We look forward to having you as guests in our town. Let me know if you need anything.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Do Breakfast at the Buck and people will buy drinks with you and talk to you. Great time. We only hate BYU and CSU fanbases. I really hate UVA but that is more personal. Not sure if you are driving or flying, but if driving a lot of suggestions can be had from this group on where to spot.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

sounds fun
AndrewSquadcar
Buckaroo

Haha, what?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this poop
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

AndrewSquadcar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Haha, what?
Please don't believe that all Wyoming fans are as delusional as Coeur d' Alene. Most of us enjoy having a brew or two with the opposing fans (excluding CSU and BYU). Hopefully you can get a game going or if nothing else, have a few beers tailgating with the locals. Have a good time during your visit to Wyoming.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

AndrewSquadcar wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 pm

Haha, what?
Oh crap I remember thinking that not actually writing it.

All I wish I'd have said is you guys will have more fun than ever and could hey into anything in Laramie. I just don't think it will be good fun pickup basketball.

Laramie is so great and those game days are. It's just different than anything you can imagine and I hope you guys just up and figure things out once you meet people. I shouldn't have said fight for aure. I just meant that in Laramie you might end up doing anything if you're ready and open minded and you crew is going to have an epic weekend

I wish I'd have predicted you guys bulldogging antelope off moyorcycles in wheatland instead of fistfight and Perkins
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

wyokoke wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 pm

Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this poop
Never 87. Some plans out the 20's for basketball schools

Yes. Conference Expansion/realignment is #1 topic. But there's not enough courage for that. I thought a tell people about Laramie thread would be more fun.

Still don't think he's finding guys playing basketball in Laramie that day
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Yes. Conference Expansion/realignment is #1 topic. But there's not enough courage for that. I thought a tell people about Laramie thread would be more fun.

Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 pm

Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
They can't make you go there if are great at something that matters.

I'm right about conference Expansion. You're welcome. None of the this matters. Let's golf next time your in LV.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Welcome to Laramie, fellas. I love this basketball idea. Great tradition.Post this request on pokesnation on Facebook. I'm sure you will find a game.
castlerocker
Cowpoke

Very creative. Same thing we all wanted to say.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Vapoke wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 pm Do Breakfast at the Buck and people will buy drinks with you and talk to you. Great time. We only hate BYU and CSU fanbases. I really hate UVA but that is more personal. Not sure if you are driving or flying, but if driving a lot of suggestions can be had from this group on where to spot.
I hate UVA, too. But I really hate all ACC teams maybe with the exception of NC State.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

castlerocker wrote: Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 pm
Very creative. Same thing we all wanted to say.
You prob know Laramie way better than I do. Go help this guy. I might have been way off base telling him Laramie is different and that they should go into a trip to Laramie knowing this is different.

I'm glad there's people here to tell them about the real Laramie that i might never understand