WY v MU Friendly Hoops Game?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Post Reply
AndrewSquadcar
Buckaroo
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Anyone interested in meeting up for a friendly game of basketball the morning of the football game? We've got a group of six Missouri alums that go to one away game a year and we try and get a pick up game together with the locals. We only ask you be over 30, old and fat(we all are), have never played college ball, and that you're not a jerk. (most of us play low level rec now). PM me.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 pm

You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3860
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
wtf? This is all BS. The Missouri fans will get along just fine with Wyoming fans at the bars.

Dude comes looking for a reasonable request for something fun and gets a ridiculous response. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Laramie willing to play a pick up game before the football game.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri Aug 07, 2009 11:01 pm
Location: Laramie, Wyoming

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:25 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
wtf? This is all BS. The Missouri fans will get along just fine with Wyoming fans at the bars.

Dude comes looking for a reasonable request for something fun and gets a ridiculous response. I'm sure there are plenty of folks in Laramie willing to play a pick up game before the football game.
Agreed - this is all nonsense. I'd play but I couldn't hit the broadside of a barn with a basketball. And I'm terrible with the elbows. Keep looking - you'll find people to play with - Laramie is a very active town.

If you are looking for some adventures up here - we all have great ideas. Cool stuff at vedavoo, the snowys, the town is fun too. ATV and horseback riding are alot of fun. There might be a music fest the MU weekend (I'd have to look it up).

We look forward to having you as guests in our town. Let me know if you need anything.
Vapoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 680
Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:14 pm

Do Breakfast at the Buck and people will buy drinks with you and talk to you. Great time. We only hate BYU and CSU fanbases. I really hate UVA but that is more personal. Not sure if you are driving or flying, but if driving a lot of suggestions can be had from this group on where to spot.
User avatar
LanderPoke
Bronco-Buster
Posts: 7213
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 8:47 pm
Location: Laramie

sounds fun
AndrewSquadcar
Buckaroo
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:02 pm

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.

Haha, what?
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1680
Joined: Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:24 am

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this Sh#t
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Posts: 1411
Joined: Wed Mar 20, 2013 4:28 pm
Location: Nevada/Florida

AndrewSquadcar wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.

Haha, what?
Please don't believe that all Wyoming fans are as delusional as Coeur d' Alene. Most of us enjoy having a brew or two with the opposing fans (excluding CSU and BYU). Hopefully you can get a game going or if nothing else, have a few beers tailgating with the locals. Have a good time during your visit to Wyoming.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 pm

AndrewSquadcar wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 12:00 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.

Haha, what?
Oh crap I remember thinking that not actually writing it.


All I wish I'd have said is you guys will have more fun than ever and could hey into anything in Laramie. I just don't think it will be good fun pickup basketball.


Laramie is so great and those game days are. It's just different than anything you can imagine and I hope you guys just up and figure things out once you meet people. I shouldn't have said fight for aure. I just meant that in Laramie you might end up doing anything if you're ready and open minded and you crew is going to have an epic weekend


I wish I'd have predicted you guys bulldogging antelope off moyorcycles in wheatland instead of fistfight and Perkins
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 pm

wyokoke wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this Sh#t
Never 87. Some plans out the 20's for basketball schools


Yes. Conference Expansion/realignment is #1 topic. But there's not enough courage for that. I thought a tell people about Laramie thread would be more fun.


Still don't think he's finding guys playing basketball in Laramie that day
OrediggerPoke
WyoNation Addict
Posts: 3860
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:57 am

Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 pm
wyokoke wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this Sh#t
Never 87. Some plans out the 20's for basketball schools


Yes. Conference Expansion/realignment is #1 topic. But there's not enough courage for that. I thought a tell people about Laramie thread would be more fun.


Still don't think he's finding guys playing basketball in Laramie that day
Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 pm

OrediggerPoke wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 7:10 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 5:39 pm
wyokoke wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:08 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:02 pm
You guys should step your challenge up a notch and just go find out and find out what you really have left. Go to any bar in Laramie and the first 5 or 6 anybody's you see. (Don't turn your back on anyone from woman to old guy cause they're all coming) They're the ones you're looking for. Laramie is a great place. After your fight you'll decide with the guys you fought where to meet up for breakfast and to talk about fight. Then you can finish getting way drunker than you think you are because of the elevation. You are going to love it. I mean yeah you and 5 other guys looking around Laramie for another group of guys like that. Yeah you're going to get The Sh#t beat out of you but you're going to love it. Prob remember it forever.



I don't think you'll get a basketball game going.
Now I see why all your posts are about making the MWC a 87 team conference. Stick to that. It's less stupid than this Sh#t
Never 87. Some plans out the 20's for basketball schools


Yes. Conference Expansion/realignment is #1 topic. But there's not enough courage for that. I thought a tell people about Laramie thread would be more fun.


Still don't think he's finding guys playing basketball in Laramie that day
Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
They can't make you go there if are great at something that matters.


I'm right about conference Expansion. You're welcome. None of the this matters. Let's golf next time your in LV.
User avatar
phxpoke
Cowpoke
Posts: 946
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:38 pm
Location: The Valley of The Sun

Welcome to Laramie, fellas. I love this basketball idea. Great tradition.Post this request on pokesnation on Facebook. I'm sure you will find a game.
castlerocker
Cowpoke
Posts: 563
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:56 pm

Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
Very creative. Same thing we all wanted to say.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Posts: 313
Joined: Mon Oct 03, 2016 11:36 pm

Vapoke wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:16 pm
Do Breakfast at the Buck and people will buy drinks with you and talk to you. Great time. We only hate BYU and CSU fanbases. I really hate UVA but that is more personal. Not sure if you are driving or flying, but if driving a lot of suggestions can be had from this group on where to spot.
I hate UVA, too. But I really hate all ACC teams maybe with the exception of NC State.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke
Posts: 549
Joined: Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:19 pm

castlerocker wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 2:56 pm
Evanston is the site of the ‘state hospital.’ The state hospital residents can tell you a lot about Evanston, but I wouldn’t say the opinion is typically either ‘fun’ or ‘accurate.’
Very creative. Same thing we all wanted to say.
You prob know Laramie way better than I do. Go help this guy. I might have been way off base telling him Laramie is different and that they should go into a trip to Laramie knowing this is different.


I'm glad there's people here to tell them about the real Laramie that i might never understand
Post Reply