AAC falling apart? Now is the time to pursue Houston

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

The most important addition to the future of the MwC is Houston.

Does UCONN leaving the AAC open a window to pursue Houston?

A Houston/Gonzaga move would raise the Conference above all others not considers majors right now.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm The most important addition to the future of the MwC is Houston.

A Houston/Gonzaga move would raise the Conference above all others not considers majors right now.
I figured you'd post something about UCONN rejoining the Big East. LOL

Honestly, the MW won't be able to get Houston. Houston wants a Big 12 invite more than life itself.

I could see us getting Tulsa but with the AAC having Wichita State now, that idea went up in smoke.

With UCOON planning to rejoin the Big East, this could make things interesting for the Big 12. Honestly think the Big 12's days are numbered.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Wyokie wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:23 pm
Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 3:46 pm The most important addition to the future of the MwC is Houston.

Honestly, the MW won't be able to get Houston. Houston wants a Big 12 invite more than life itself.

I could see us getting Tulsa but with the AAC having Wichita State now, that idea went up in smoke.

With UCOON planning to rejoin the Big East, this could make things interesting for the Big 12. Honestly think the Big 12's days are numbered.
You nailed of your last sentence and answered all the questions of why?

Big 12 is numbered. That's the next shakeup.

We will never be involved with Texas or Oklahoma. But now we have a path at being involved with KANSAS ???????????????!

This is the dream for Wyoming. A basketball conference with Kansas, New Mexico and UnLV
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

To get to Kansas/Wyoming matchups our conference has to add Houston, Gonzaga, Wichita

Is it possible?
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

You can laugh now. Wyoming is about to be pushed out. Or pushed in. And we have the money. Which do you want??????????
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 pm

You nailed of your last sentence and answered all the questions of why?

Big 12 is numbered. That's the next shakeup.

We will never be involved with Texas or Oklahoma. But now we have a path at being involved with KANSAS ???????????????!

This is the dream for Wyoming. A basketball conference with Kansas, New Mexico and UnLV
I shouldn't jump on my own posts but what if wyo could play games against Denver Air Force and csu and mix that in with UNM, UNLV, and teams like Nevada, Kansas, k State, unlv, or some random mwc oppmemrs?
DVDA
A Real Cowboy

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 5:02 pm You can laugh now. Wyoming is about to be pushed out. Or pushed in. And we have the money. Which do you want??????????
Are we a poopy? Is this a gay joke? Nothing you say makes any sense.
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

The AAC isn't going away. They will have their pick of whoever they want from Conference USA or the Sun Belt. Neither service academy is going to take the bait. No independents are appealing outside of BYU and they already can schedule about as many AAC teams each year as they want. If they don't stay at 11 (since they no longer need 12 schools for a CCG), I think their best play would be App St.
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 4:58 pm We will never be involved with Texas or Oklahoma. But now we have a path at being involved with KANSAS ???????????????!

This is pure fantasy. I would be shocked if we ever have any teams in this conference that are east of the Mountain time zone.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

:eek:
Any further realignment will be worse for us not better. If and HUGE if something ever happened to the big 12, the leftovers would join the likes of Houston, Cinci, etc. to make a conference.

WYO is in the best spot we'll ever be in. We don't (and the MWC for that matter) move the needle of interest on realignment unless you are talking wac, cusa, sun belt, etc. The only thing that can improve our situation in any way is positive changes within the structure of the NCAA and FBS.

Of course that has about the same chances as realignment bettering our situation...nearly 0.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I have never thought of starting a thread, and replying to myself. Me, Myself, & Irene - Wyonation style.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

cowpoke pride wrote: Sun Jun 23, 2019 8:25 pm The AAC isn't going away. They will have their pick of whoever they want from Conference USA or the Sun Belt. Neither service academy is going to take the bait. No independents are appealing outside of BYU and they already can schedule about as many AAC teams each year as they want. If they don't stay at 11 (since they no longer need 12 schools for a CCG), I think their best play would be App St.
Finally a logical reply
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

:jack:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

I would agree that the days of the Big 12 are numbered. But why is the Big 12 been so unstable over the years? Before the Big 12 there was the SWC which of course folded, why have the schools in those respective conferences been so volatile? Ever since, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M and maybe a couple of others left the conference the Big 12 have been on borrowed time, imo. I don't think it's a matter of the Big 12 folding, it's a matter of when the conference is going to fold. Colorado being in the Pac 12 is a misfit from a geographically standpoint, again imo. And talk about misfits geographically WV is totally out of place. I just can't see UT, OU, OSU and some of the others wanting to play WV. I mean why?
castlerocker
Cowpoke

I think Wyoming should just learn to play consistent tough ball and not worry
about how they can benefit from some other teams reputation.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:07 am I would agree that the days of the Big 12 are numbered. But why is the Big 12 been so unstable over the years? Before the Big 12 there was the SWC which of course folded, why have the schools in those respective conferences been so volatile? Ever since, Colorado, Nebraska, Texas A&M and maybe a couple of others left the conference the Big 12 have been on borrowed time, imo. I don't think it's a matter of the Big 12 folding, it's a matter of when the conference is going to fold. Colorado being in the Pac 12 is a misfit from a geographically standpoint, again imo. And talk about misfits geographically WV is totally out of place. I just can't see UT, OU, OSU and some of the others wanting to play WV. I mean why?
I'll use an analogy on this since I live in.....sadly....Oklahoma. :roll: :roll: :roll:

OU and Texas are like an old married couple who bitches at each other 24/7/365. They need to divorce and go to separate conferences for the sanity of the other schools in the conference but they won't because they LOVE to bitch 24/7/365!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!