Early win predictions for 2019

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
cowpoke pride
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 7 times

I see 5 home wins (sorry, not Missouri). All road games scare the hell out of me. Its really hard to win on the road and we have had our share of turds on the road in the Bohl era. The schedule makers just don't do us any favors by giving us San Diego St, Boise and Utah St on the road in the same year. Give me 1-2 road wins for 7-5 hopefully since we still have no clue if Chambers can throw it or not.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

If I had to bet the over/under on 5.5 wins, I'd take the over. The offense was basically transformed from the USU game going forward. Can Chambers throw? I think so. He threw the ball with touch and accuracy in the csewe game. I guess the wild card will be the defense and the new DC. my guess is based on the overall weakness of the MWC. Other than Boise, I don't see any powerhouses to fear. I can't believe air farce will be better than us. It seems they are really good at injuring our qb's. Barring that happening again, we should beat at least 3 teams in our division and possibly 4.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I never gave my prediction, but right now I’m saying 3-9 or 2-10. Until proven otherwise from our WR and if the D doesn’t take a step back, but until then it’s 3-9. I heard a quote yesterday that was really good. Coaches lose football games not the kids and I truly believe Vigen and Grant will lose games because they don’t put the kids in position to succeed
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Vapoke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:14 pm I never gave my prediction, but right now I’m saying 3-9 or 2-10. Until proven otherwise from our WR and if the D doesn’t take a step back, but until then it’s 3-9. I heard a quote yesterday that was really good. Coaches lose football games not the kids and I truly believe Vigen and Grant will lose games because they don’t put the kids in position to succeed
I tend to look at bohl and how he talks about the team. He seems pretty optimistic from his comments. I think we clear 6 wins easy. I think I had us down for 8 but that’s mostly with my heart.
W-Y, Until I Die!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Vapoke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:14 pm I never gave my prediction, but right now I’m saying 3-9 or 2-10. Until proven otherwise from our WR and if the D doesn’t take a step back, but until then it’s 3-9. I heard a quote yesterday that was really good. Coaches lose football games not the kids and I truly believe Vigen and Grant will lose games because they don’t put the kids in position to succeed
Ouch, I hope not. That would put Bohl on the hot seat.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

9-4.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

.500 +/- a game. The MWC isn't good enough to be much worse than .500 and our offense isn't good enough to be much better.

With that said, if we have unknown and raw NFL-level talent at the skills positions combined with adequate line play, it will be a good year with 8 or 9 wins. If we don't have that kind of talent, the offense will largely be dysfunctional but a solid D and a bad MWC will keep us at around .500.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:43 pm
Ouch, I hope not. That would put Bohl on the hot seat.
Listen I hope that we win 9 or 10 games this season, but this just feels like the Glenn era, though Glenn could beat the big boys. Unless Vigen calls plays to the strengths of his team we are doomed. It was so obvious last year that Tyler liked a faster tempo, yet we just put him in situations that would not have him succeed. I love as a fan on 3rd and 6 and seeing everyone doing curl routes, or receivers running routes a yard short of the sticks, that is 100% on the coaching staff. Wyoming hardly pressed the middle of the field deep last year and losing CJ takes away that ability. Unless Grant magically wakes up and develops some players then we will see 8 or 9 guys in the box With X and Smith struggling to do anything.
The development of Skyler Miller at FB will help if he can be a receiving threat, and some great coaches were brought in. Even with Colby at QB we at least tried to stretch the field, but Vigen loves to "grind" I get it, but unless you complete some deep balls the safeties won't respect the pass and confidence will dwindle at the QB position. There is no excuse, these are all kids that have been recruited by Bohl and his staff, but if Wyoming loses by 3 touchdowns to Missouri then I will say 3-9.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

ragtimejoe1 wrote: Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:30 am .500 +/- a game. The MWC isn't good enough to be much worse than .500 and our offense isn't good enough to be much better.

With that said, if we have unknown and raw NFL-level talent at the skills positions combined with adequate line play, it will be a good year with 8 or 9 wins. If we don't have that kind of talent, the offense will largely be dysfunctional but a solid D and a bad MWC will keep us at around .500.
Being at the bottom of this Mountain West Conference would be a disaster. But we did lose to the worst FBS team a few years ago.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Prior to the recent injures to the team...I would've said this....

If Bohl and his assistants I.e. the coordinators get their heads outta their rearends, I see us going 9-3, maybe 10-2 IF we pull off an upset of Missouri and IF not,.....we'll go 6-6 and miss the bowl season...AGAIN!!!!

But....now...best we'll get is 7-5 and a bowl invitation to a site the fans won't be thrilled about like Boise.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

6-6 is all i see, sorry, who said 3-9 and being on a "hot" seat is that a word in Tom Burman's vocab, (didn't think so, especially with a hot seat on a verge with Allen Edwards and basketball not looking too rosy)
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

jessejames02 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:06 pm 7-5. We'll take our home games except Missouri and grab Air Force and one more on the road.
Well, kinda close?
52-56
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 10:36 pm But....now...best we'll get is 7-5 and a bowl invitation to a site the fans won't be thrilled about like Boise.
Looks like I'm right on the money. :roll: Vigen needs to go ASAP!!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!