Spring Game Recap?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Can't believe not a single word about the spring game. Anyone that went with any thoughts? Unfortunately, I couldn't make it this year.

I can only read the stat sheet and Bohl's comments but here is what stands out for me:

1) Another injury on the OL!! Eric Abojei apparently with knee issues. This is a concern.
2) Walk on running backs that I didn't even realize were with the program got the carries (Burroughs, Clemetson).
3) The long snapper apparently got engaged.
4) Wyoming should be really deep at punter: Zaleski, Galovich, Crowe.
5) Inaccuracy appears to still be a big concern at the QB position.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Was wondering about the spring game too!? This is the first one I've missed in quite a while. Anyone, anyone?
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

I love going to spring games, I hate trying to judge whats going on. Good news, the Wyoming Cowboys won. Bad news, the Wyoming Cowboys lost.

With that out of the way, I liked alot of the attack angles on the defense. There were some blitz's that weren't picked up, but there were several cases where the linebackers really didn't get after the quarterbacks. Even though you just touch the quarterback in spring ball instead of sacking them, there were several times the linebackers just let the QB go.

Vanderwall hit some nice passes. I think he would have been sacked a few more times if they defense hadn't given him an easy go of it.

Chambers ran to the outside well. Gained some yards when needed. I think Chambers will end up being the starting Quarterback this year.

I hate to bitch about not having names on the jersey's, but when 69 went down, I thought they were going to need a crane to get him off the field. How he didn't leave a hole in the turf, I'll never know.

If I were to guess, we will have a solid, if not better defense over last season. Offensively, running backs up the middle, or Chambers to the outside.

Some really good punts.

Normally, I put together a better write up about our Spring game when I make it, but they served beer and concessions at this one. Nice showing of Wyoming fan's for spring game.

Seriously though, I don't think we take any steps backwards this year. But its going to be a bitch to win the conference like this.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 596 times
Been liked: 238 times

Thanks for the recap WyoX!