Damn, this is the best recruiting class that I can remember

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

We got bigger and faster... Swen looks ready now. Welch is a stud. The scat back is quick like a mongoose. We are building something special. Props to the coaches getting it done.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Does Hudl have swen listed as the number 1 RB out of Texas.... Or am I tripping?
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:05 pm Does Hudl have swen listed as the number 1 RB out of Texas.... Or am I tripping?
I didn't think Hudl is a ranking site... just a way for athletes to promote highlights, etc.

I did see that Rivals had him as a 4 star as a junior, now listed as a 2 star on their site. His 247 composite puts him around the top 25 recruits in the conference. Definitely a good get!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Might be one more recruit. Alonzo Hall makes his decision in about 45 minutes. Down to Wyoming, Arizona State and Fresno State (I think??? Hard to tell in the pic)...

Alonzo Hall

ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:16 pm Might be one more recruit. Alonzo Hall makes his decision in about 45 minutes. Down to Wyoming, Arizona State and Fresno State (I think??? Hard to tell in the pic)...

Alonzo Hall

Damn, he looks legit.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

holy sh*t! what a day!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:19 pm

holy sh*t! what a day!
Damn. This is a helluva recruiting class...

Wyoming is beating out teams like ASU... HELL YES!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

On paper, this is Wyoming's best class I can remember.

There were threads earlier this season indicating that the HAPC was a waste of money. Well year 1 of recruiting results are in...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

303cowboy wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:19 pm

holy sh*t! what a day!
Nice! he did the fakeout thing and we were the ones not getting punked for once?? What a day, indeed!@
Last edited by LanderPoke on Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Do we have any scholarships left?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm On paper, this is Wyoming's best class I can remember.

There were threads earlier this season indicating that the HAPC was a waste of money. Well year 1 of recruiting results are in...
Now we just need to get some bag men out there to start distributing money.... :cool:
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:23 pm On paper, this is Wyoming's best class I can remember.

Seems to be paying dividends
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

carbonpoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm Do we have any scholarships left?
I'm not sure what the team total scholly is at but assuming that you don't exceed the maximum then a team can sign 25 recruits in a given year. I believe we are at 24 so 1 possibly remaining.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

https://247sports.com/Season/2019-Footb ... nce=M-West

Wyoming has the 4th ranked class currently in the MWC according to 247. Last year, 247 ranked Wyoming's class dead last.
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Well, this was a nice surprise after not having paid much attention as of late.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Fantastic job by the staff and Burman for getting them resources they need.

Also one of our highest rated classes in recent memory. Wait, recruiting rankings don't matter :whistle:
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
BJC
A Real Cowboy

LanderPoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Now we just need to get some bag men out there to start distributing money.... :cool:
100%
bullbugle307
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 21 times

I don't see too much use in hyping this class up until these guys actually see the field and give us results. We certainly got some good recruits, but I think it's a little early to put up a mission accomplished banner on the HAPC as the be all end all fix to our football problems, as many seem to believe. 247 sports has us at 6th best recruiting class in the MWC, and 99 in the country with this class. While that's an increase from 12th in the MWC and 127th nationally in 2018, it's an identical national ranking from the 99 they had us at in 2017. That's not a bad thing to match your best class as a coach, but it wasn't a huge increase as one might expect. Also, the Glenn/Christensen transition had higher nationally ranked recruiting classes (ranging form 74th to mid 90's), at least according to 247. This is all way subjective, as you never know what you have until you get to look back at the results, but it raises several questions. Did the HAPC actually give us a good recruiting bump this year that was negated by last year's season, coaching attrition and our problems on offense? Did it make no difference and our coaches just hit another "good" class like they did in 2017? Is it somewhere in between? Five years from now we'll have a much better idea.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone ever said the HAPC would not help recruiting. It obviously isn't gonna hurt, but most of the discussion was whether we were really getting ahead of the competition vs keeping up, was the cost worth it at the time, would our bad offense and questionable coaching decisions at times offset the positives from the HAPC with recruiting in the short term, would the problems of recruiting students from across the country to a place like Laramie be offset by HAPC etc...
When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Hunter S. Thompson
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

bullbugle307 wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 3:19 am I don't see too much use in hyping this class up until these guys actually see the field and give us results. We certainly got some good recruits, but I think it's a little early to put up a mission accomplished banner on the HAPC as the be all end all fix to our football problems, as many seem to believe. 247 sports has us at 6th best recruiting class in the MWC, and 99 in the country with this class. While that's an increase from 12th in the MWC and 127th nationally in 2018, it's an identical national ranking from the 99 they had us at in 2017. That's not a bad thing to match your best class as a coach, but it wasn't a huge increase as one might expect. Also, the Glenn/Christensen transition had higher nationally ranked recruiting classes (ranging form 74th to mid 90's), at least according to 247. This is all way subjective, as you never know what you have until you get to look back at the results, but it raises several questions. Did the HAPC actually give us a good recruiting bump this year that was negated by last year's season, coaching attrition and our problems on offense? Did it make no difference and our coaches just hit another "good" class like they did in 2017? Is it somewhere in between? Five years from now we'll have a much better idea.

Aside from that, I don't think anyone ever said the HAPC would not help recruiting. It obviously isn't gonna hurt, but most of the discussion was whether we were really getting ahead of the competition vs keeping up, was the cost worth it at the time, would our bad offense and questionable coaching decisions at times offset the positives from the HAPC with recruiting in the short term, would the problems of recruiting students from across the country to a place like Laramie be offset by HAPC etc...
Solid post. +100
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...