Keys to the Game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
evilpoke
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 3 times

1. Turnovers. Wyoming has a great turnover differential. Air Force is obscene. Wyoming can't let the Zoomies strip the ball away.
2. Gary and Prosinski. Safeties are the key to stopping the option. I'm confident in Prosinksi, but I'm a little worried about Gary.
3. Keep the offense churning. The more time Air Force is off the field, the better.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Your right about our safeties. Prosinski is a very good tackling safety. This will be a real test for Gary but he is such an athlete I think he can handle it.
I'm good for 3!
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Prosinski will do fine and Johnson will too they will be in double digit tackles... I think they key is no big runs for AF last year we hung with them until a 60 yard touchdown took us out of it also no costly turnovers like sldons fumble a couple years ago
WYO1016
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 34 times
Been liked: 101 times

1. Fill the A gaps. The first thing you need to do to shut down an option team is to take away the first option. If the fullback is able to pickup 3-4 yards per carry we're in trouble.

2. Contain, contain, contain. Our D has to stick to their assignments and not overpursue. If the contain man crashes on the QB the pitch man will eat up big chunks of yardage.

3. I agree with evil poke on this one...hold onto the ball. These are two of the top teams in the NCAA in turnover margin. One turnover from either team will cost them the game.

4. Patience. Air Force is methodical in everything they do on the field. We have to take our time and find the weak spots in their offense and defense. They won't give up many big plays, so we have to take every opportunity they give us.
Fullback41
A Real Cowboy

score more points than they do.
In heaven there is no beer, thats why we drink it here, and when we're gone from here, our friends will be drinking all the beer!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

gopokes1399 wrote:Prosinski will do fine and Johnson will too they will be in double digit tackles...also no costly turnovers like seldons fumble a couple years ago
Doesn't help when it's not even a fumble. Not to say we dominated that game or anything, but that was a huge swing play that should have been overturned via replay. Still don't understand that one.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Yeah that was BS they even reviewed it
socalpoke82
Buckaroo

I pretty much agree with everything that's been said so far. Turnovers are huge. especially us not committing any. But any takeaways would be super. And honestly second I think it really is as simple as scoring more points then they do. But in order to get there we need the D to step up big. They're going to run and they're going to get yards. But, the more the pokes can get them in 3rd and long and possible passing downs, the better. Then its just a matter of the O moving the ball and putting up points. I think its also important that someone else steps up at WR. And I'm not saying that the other WR's haven't been doing their part, but it seems like when ACS tries to force it to anyone its to Leonard. I know leonard has been the go to guy but he only had 4 catches in the new mexico game. I'm not sure if they were zeroing in him, which would be tough cause they move him around, or if he just had other targets all day. But the more options ACS has to go around to and distribute the ball the better, and it will keep air force more on their heels, and if that happens I think they should be able to move up and down the field pretty well against anybody. All around, a great opportunity for the pokes. It's a winnable game, so hopefully the pokes show up ready to go, and pull this one out.

GO POKES!!!!