A blast from the good ole past (1970)

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Highlights of the very first weekend of the post NFL-AFL merger. Jim Kiick of Wyoming is heavily featured in the opening highlights of the Dolphins-Patriots game.

Enjoy guys!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

Wyokie wrote: Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:39 pm Highlights of the very first weekend of the post NFL-AFL merger. Jim Kiick of Wyoming is heavily featured in the opening highlights of the Dolphins-Patriots game.

Enjoy guys!!!!
It use to be fun watching Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid play on Sundays. The only time I ever followed the NFL to speak of was in 1972 when the Miami Dolphins went undefeated. It was fun watching them play every Sunday just to see if they could go unbeaten, it really gave one something to look forward to each week.

The other thing I don't like about the NFL today compared to the 60s, 70s and 80s is there are no "Characters" so to speak - and I mean that in a good way. It use to be fun watching some of those crazy guys from the old Raider teams, Johnny U, who for my money was one of the best QBs in NFL history given the style of ball that was played in his era and many many other players that were fun to watch.