AAF

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

I just checked the Salt Lake Stallions roster and it looks like DJ May, Ryan Cummings and Mike Purcell will be playing for them starting in February. I’m actually excited for this league. It has a decent shot of being viable. I’m planning on trying to get to SLC for a game.
W-Y, Until I Die!
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

That is pretty cool, I hate the state of Utah but I would cheer for those guys.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

I'll be at their very first game against the AZ Hotshots!
Steamboat
Buckaroo

phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 am I'll be at their very first game against the AZ Hotshots!
Where do the AZ Hot shots play?
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

Steamboat wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 9:07 am
phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 8:59 am I'll be at their very first game against the AZ Hotshots!
Where do the AZ Hot shots play?
They are playing in Sun Devil stadium. February football, outside in Tempe, couldn't ask for better weather.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Seems like this league is focused on being fan friendly, which is never a bad thing. Best of luck to the Wyoming guys!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 am I just checked the Salt Lake Stallions roster and it looks like DJ May, Ryan Cummings and Mike Purcell will be playing for them starting in February. I’m actually excited for this league. It has a decent shot of being viable. I’m planning on trying to get to SLC for a game.
As a former kicker just not to excited about this league. Eliminating kickoffs and extra points? Why even call it football?

I realize we are in an era of "safety" for the game, however just like any job some are riskier than others. If I'm getting paid to play I accept those are risks inherent to the job.

I'm more excited about the return of the XFL, a league where big hits are encouraged. Move the kickoff line back to the 30 and let's see some returns again. No targeting penalties. Let the defenders get physical in the secondary.

The XFL was just 15 years too early. In this new era of football where the game is changed to suite the needs of the snowflake generation; a league like the XFL returning to the true roots of football would be very refreshing.
I'm good for 3!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 11:24 am
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 7:28 am I just checked the Salt Lake Stallions roster and it looks like DJ May, Ryan Cummings and Mike Purcell will be playing for them starting in February. I’m actually excited for this league. It has a decent shot of being viable. I’m planning on trying to get to SLC for a game.
As a former kicker just not to excited about this league. Eliminating kickoffs and extra points? Why even call it football?

I realize we are in an era of "safety" for the game, however just like any job some are riskier than others. If I'm getting paid to play I accept those are risks inherent to the job.

I'm more excited about the return of the XFL, a league where big hits are encouraged. Move the kickoff line back to the 30 and let's see some returns again. No targeting penalties. Let the defenders get physical in the secondary.

The XFL was just 15 years too early. In this new era of football where the game is changed to suite the needs of the snowflake generation; a league like the XFL returning to the true roots of football would be very refreshing.
I like the fact there is no onsides kick. If you want, you can take the ball on your own 35 with 4th and 10 instead.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:19 pm

I like the fact there is no onsides kick. If you want, you can take the ball on your own 35 with 4th and 10 instead.
Onside kick is still more exciting. They should have named it the All American Snowflake League.
I'm good for 3!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Players are on average bigger and faster now than they've ever been - something tells me that plays a role in the decision. It's easy saying the game is "wussier" now than 20 years ago, but the force of each hit today is quite an impact, and the rule changes in both college and the NFL have been implemented because a large number of people have been seriously permanently injured.

Recommended reading:
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Cornpoke wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:28 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:19 pm

Onside kick is still more exciting. They should have named it the All American Snowflake League.
If there was a way to slightly increase the likelyhood of a recovery on an onside, I could be for that. Maybe make the ball only need to go 5 yards or something like that. Would make it more entertaining.
W-Y, Until I Die!