What commits are you ecited about??

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I have not looked at all the tapes, but there are a few that look REALLY good. Most of our guys are coming in at really good heights/weights already. I'll update this post later with my thoughts, but I'm super excited about this group. :thumb: Welcome to Wyoming!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Welch. I am guessing he will be a receiving threat next year.
nwpoke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

It'll be fun to see the oline recruits. These guys have the size and what little video I could see they like to hit.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Easton Gibbs, Jaylen Pate
yopaulie
Ranch Hand

Poke-proud
Cowpoke

If the receivers can transition to college ball, super excited to see some guys that can catch the ball. I like the tape on these receivers.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Vapoke wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:07 pm Welch. I am guessing he will be a receiving threat next year.
It was interesting to see him listed as a TE on the signing day announcement, but his highlight tape showed him out wide on every play. Not sure if he can put on enough weight to be a solid TE from day 1, but it looks like he'll be making plays for us in some way next year. I'm very excited for him.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Does anyone know which guys are enrolling early, if any?
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

As a Minnesota guy, Treyton Welch is the guy I know the most about and am definitely most excited about!

I didn't realize he was going to commit as a TE, but I do know that Welch said the team called him the missing piece to the offense. In reality, his size coming in (6-3, 207) isn't all that different from where Jacob Hollister was at in HS.

A couple of other notes: His QB in high school was Aidan Bouman, who committed to Iowa State for the 2020 class and the son of former NFLer Todd Bouman. The QB in the video below who threw the last TD is committed to CSU for hoops, David Roddy.

I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am As a Minnesota guy, Treyton Welch is the guy I know the most about and am definitely most excited about!

I didn't realize he was going to commit as a TE, but I do know that Welch said the team called him the missing piece to the offense. In reality, his size coming in (6-3, 207) isn't all that different from where Jacob Hollister was at in HS.

A couple of other notes: His QB in high school was Aidan Bouman, who committed to Iowa State for the 2020 class and the son of former NFLer Todd Bouman. The QB in the video below who threw the last TD is committed to CSU for hoops, David Roddy.

Nice thanks for posting. He doesn't go down easy. I like that
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:19 am As a Minnesota guy, Treyton Welch is the guy I know the most about and am definitely most excited about!

Do you know what size school/division he played in?
CowboyNV
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 7 times

Good stuff JVK, always appreciate your insight.
What is the difference between politicians and stoners? Politicians don't inhale...they just suck.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:31 am Nice thanks for posting. He doesn't go down easy. I like that
His hockey highlight videos are basically just him hitting people. Dude's got what it takes to stay up through contact. Hopefully he knows how to hold on to the ball while hit as well.

That said, I can see why he went for football. He looks way more elite as a football player than hockey player.
joshvanklomp
WyoNation Addict

Poke in New England wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 amDo you know what size school/division he played in?
Buffalo is in the class of the biggest schools in MN, but is one of the smallest schools in that class. They were 6-3 on the season, losing in the first round of the postseason.

He finished the year with 71 catches for 1,302 yards and 16 TDs. Four games with 11+ catches, 6 games with 125+ receiving yards, 6 games with 2+ touchdown catches.

He was on the losing side of a historic night in September:

But still made a heckuva catch in that game.
I said it sucks.....to be.....a CSU Ram! #GoWyo
Poke in New England
Cowpoke

joshvanklomp wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 9:39 pm
Poke in New England wrote: Fri Dec 21, 2018 11:22 amDo you know what size school/division he played in?
Buffalo is in the class of the biggest schools in MN, but is one of the smallest schools in that class. They were 6-3 on the season, losing in the first round of the postseason.

He finished the year with 71 catches for 1,302 yards and 16 TDs. Four games with 11+ catches, 6 games with 125+ receiving yards, 6 games with 2+ touchdown catches.

He was on the losing side of a historic night in September:

But still made a heckuva catch in that game.
Thanks. He doesn't look like a burner but he outruns everyone on the field. Good to hear it's against solid competition.
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Isaiah Abdullah