Theo Dawson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
JDGlendo
Buckaroo

I was reading the article at the Casper Star-Tribune about what next years team will look like and the article mentioned several running back including Parker Christenson. What about Dawson? He was supposed to be a good back, but haven't heard anything about him since last summer.

Anybody heard anything about him?
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I would say his redshirt was important since he was away from the game for a couple of years. I wouldn't be surprised to see him move to LB. I would like to see Parker at TE since we have some big TE's, but not sure any are a huge receiving threat like Austin Fort was.

Any news about Josh Harshmann coming back? I think he qualifies for a medical redshirt.

I really hope we get some more offensive signees by tomorrow to include a QB (Bohl likes to get one QB a year).
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I'd kind of hope he's at LB as we're going to need some help there soon.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

I know the staff is high on Chad Muma at LB also. Hopefully he can fill in like Pilapil did we are going to miss that fire at LB
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I read Dawson was injured. Hopefully he'll come back from that and find a spot
PokeOLoco
A Real Cowboy

Harshmann will be back
“Being around Colorado State, I saw that football wasn’t really a big sport there," Parker said Sunday night.
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

He gone

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

303cowboy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:30 am He gone

Was he a running back or defensive player? I don't recall reading anything about him since he was recruited
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am
Was he a running back or defensive player? I don't recall reading anything about him since he was recruited
He was listed as a running back and I believe redshirted the last year. What I thought was strange is that he didn't receive any carries when we had the injuries at RB (even though he could have played in 4 games)...rather walk-on Brett Brenton from Natrona got the carries.

Maybe Dawson was injured, I don't know.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am
He was listed as a running back and I believe redshirted the last year. What I thought was strange is that he didn't receive any carries when we had the injuries at RB (even though he could have played in 4 games)...rather walk-on Brett Brenton from Natrona got the carries.

The only thing I remember about him was thinking he'd probably end up on the defensive side of the ball because he didn't have great speed. I remember his track and field time were not great and not what a FBS RB should be able to run. Best of luck to him
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:51 am I read Dawson was injured. Hopefully he'll come back from that and find a spot
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am Was he a running back or defensive player? I don't recall reading anything about him since he was recruited
Which is it? :lol:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:56 am
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:51 am I read Dawson was injured. Hopefully he'll come back from that and find a spot
LanderPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:41 am Was he a running back or defensive player? I don't recall reading anything about him since he was recruited
Which is it? :lol:
ummm ha ha, guess I did read something on him :rofl: Anyway, it's too bad, I like seeing Wyoming kids succeed.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 10:49 am

Considering in the bottom right picture on his twitter post he is in a pretty bulky sling, I'm guessing he had some kind of injury.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

I have my own opinion about this - but will keep it to myself, until we see where he lands.

I hate the fact we tied up a scholarship for 2 years in good faith (for his faith), and we got poop on.

:twocents:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
303cowboy
Cowpoke

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm I have my own opinion about this - but will keep it to myself, until we see where he lands.

I hate the fact we tied up a scholarship for 2 years in good faith (for his faith), and we got poop on.

:twocents:
Didn't want to be the 1st to say it...
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm I hate the fact we tied up a scholarship for 2 years in good faith (for his faith), and we got poop on.
Don't think scholarship counts work that way. I'm pretty sure he counted against our 2018 signing class, and there wasn't a scholarship "tied up" for 2 years while he was gone. If that's how it works, BYU would only be able to field 30 scholarship players any given year.

Actually that might not be such a bad idea... :twisted:
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:32 pm
McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 1:07 pm I hate the fact we tied up a scholarship for 2 years in good faith (for his faith), and we got poop on.
Don't think scholarship counts work that way. I'm pretty sure he counted against our 2018 signing class, and there wasn't a scholarship "tied up" for 2 years while he was gone. If that's how it works, BYU would only be able to field 30 scholarship players any given year.

I agree with Cali, I'm not following. I suppose we were locked into honoring a 2018 commit from a player that graduated in 2016 but that didn't impact the 2016 or 2017 classes. This is no different than offering a high school sophomore and then honoring that commitment years later after they actually graduate. Hell some schools have even offered 8th graders and then have gone on to honor those commitments.

Additionally, McPeachy have you heard from someone that UW 'got poop on'? I have no idea on the situation but it is possible that Dawson might have been informed by the coaches that he would likely be buried on the RB depth chart for years due to the emergence of Bigelow and Valladay last year. If that's the case, then freeing up the scholarship and Dawson getting a chance at playing time somewhere else might be best for both parties.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:47 pm

I agree with Cali, I'm not following. I suppose we were locked into honoring a 2018 commit from a player that graduated in 2016 but that didn't impact the 2016 or 2017 classes. This is no different than offering a high school sophomore and then honoring that commitment years later after they actually graduate. Hell some schools have even offered 8th graders and then have gone on to honor those commitments.

Additionally, McPeachy have you heard from someone that UW 'got poop on'? I have no idea on the situation but it is possible that Dawson might have been informed by the coaches that he would likely be buried on the RB depth chart for years due to the emergence of Bigelow and Valladay last year. If that's the case, then freeing up the scholarship and Dawson getting a chance at playing time somewhere else might be best for both parties.
The way I understand it, is that he took up a scholarship (full ride) the year he signed...even though he wasn't enrolled - he was on his mission. UW could have signed somebody else to that scholly that year, that would have used it, for quite possibly for the 2-3 years it sat silent.

And sure, probably a bit harsh to called that being "poop on" but what the f-word is it with kids and their lack of commitment these days. The transfer portal is GD ridiculous. My dad would have put his boot in my ass if I ever did this type of poop. Sorry to offend anyone out there, but I don't really care. And yes, it could be the "coaches" choice to move on...but very rarely so does that happen. Especially at UW.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 2:47 pm

The way I understand it, is that he took up a scholarship (full ride) the year he signed...even though he wasn't enrolled - he was on his mission. UW could have signed somebody else to that scholly that year, that would have used it, for quite possibly for the 2-3 years it sat silent.

And sure, probably a bit harsh to called that being "poop on" but what the f-word is it with kids and their lack of commitment these days. The transfer portal is GD ridiculous. My dad would have put his boot in my ass if I ever did this type of poop. Sorry to offend anyone out there, but I don't really care. And yes, it could be the "coaches" choice to move on...but very rarely so does that happen. Especially at UW.
https://www.si.com/college-football/201 ... ium=social
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times

I think Theo Dawson is the number one reason that we didn't get into a bowl game this year.