Theo Dawson

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

McPeachy wrote: Tue Feb 05, 2019 4:57 pm
The way I understand it, is that he took up a scholarship (full ride) the year he signed...even though he wasn't enrolled - he was on his mission. UW could have signed somebody else to that scholly that year, that would have used it, for quite possibly for the 2-3 years it sat silent.
That isn’t accurate. I know for a fact that a player does not count against the overall scholly limit for the year(s) in which they are either on a religious mission or called to active duty military service.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Many players transfer these days. He likely wasn’t an elite athlete as someone pointed out track times ( if accurate) and saw the writing on the wall as a rb. The entire BYU family ties thing probably didn’t lend to a cultural fit at UW either. The other mission kid (LB walk on) didn’t make it either.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

With Wyoming signing 3 RBs in this class and with Wyoming signing 3 RBs last year, it seems that there could be a rational reason Dawson is moving on.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Good article wyovanian!
W-Y, Until I Die!
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:18 am With Wyoming signing 3 RBs in this class and with Wyoming signing 3 RBs last year, it seems that there could be a rational reason Dawson is moving on.
Great point, and quite possibly the writing on the wall for Theo to end up at bWHYu. ;)

Oh, and the year he "signed" he counted as a scholarship athlete for that recruiting period, not the year he returned from his mission. So he counted in 2015, although he didn't appear on the sidelines until 2018 (when he redshirted).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...