I'm headed to the Monday Night Football game

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

My first ever pro game! Vikes vs Hawks. Playoff wild card show down. Gonna be loud AF
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

How was it? Kind of a bore-fest for the first three and a half quarters.
ImageImageImageImage
carbonpoke
A Real Cowboy

It was awesome for me. Weather was good. It was too loud for my 7 year old son. At the beginning he was crying even though he had ear plugs.

First half was a defensive onslaught. The vikes just simply don't have a consistent run game. Cook is good, but there isn't any holes to run through.

The parking pass I had was for the baseball stadiums garage, so it wasnt to bad of a walk. Pretty great experience.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

I went to C-Link once for a Sounders game.. a fellow Poke hooked me up w/ a ticket actually, good time. Soccer crowds in that stadium are legit.
ImageImageImageImage
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

I have never been to a NFL football game in my life and I live two hours (at most) from the Panther's stadium. How would you compare the atmosphere of a big time college football game to a big time NFL game?
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:39 pm I have never been to a NFL football game in my life and I live two hours (at most) from the Panther's stadium. How would you compare the atmosphere of a big time college football game to a big time NFL game?
I've been to two.

1985 Kansas City Chiefs @ Denver Broncos (Denver won, 14-13)
1991 AFC Wild Card game: New York Jets @ Houston Oilers (Oilers won 17-10). It was to be the very last playoff game the Oilers ever won prior to becoming the Titans.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:39 pm I have never been to a NFL football game in my life and I live two hours (at most) from the Panther's stadium. How would you compare the atmosphere of a big time college football game to a big time NFL game?
Been to dozens of Arizona Cardinals games. College atmosphere is much better! Give me War Memorial any day.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 pm
Been to dozens of Arizona Cardinals games. College atmosphere is much better! Give me War Memorial any day.
I agree although being at the Astrodome was cool. :D
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

My brother gave my wife and I first row tickets behind the Broncos bench as our wedding present a little over a decade ago. It was a pretty cool experience, but I still prefer Cowboys games. It was pretty quiet where we sat, but probably because half the people who sit in that area are people with corporate tickets who are there just to be there rather than actually care much about the outcome of the game.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times

phxpoke wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 pm
I agree College Stadiums are way better(and I've been to quite a few across the country), been to 2 at old mile high,(south stands included, Chiefs, higher Raiders), 1 regular season vs Jaguars at Newer Mile High, and a few preseason ones as well(Cardinals 2x, Seahawks, Chargers). a few at Sun Devil (Raiders and Seahawks), and a couple at the new nest(Cincy and best playoff game ever against the Packers. Hail Mary and HAIL LARRY), never will forget it(being a Cards fan)....NFL games are fun live but I prefer College game any day of the week(sorry)
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator

The college stadiums I've been to...

War Memorial in 1990 for both Arkansas State and San Diego State (both were WINS)
Jones Stadium in Lubbock in 1992 to see Wyoming lose to the Red Raiders
Cotton Bowl Stadium in 1997 to see us lose to SMU. BTW, that stadium is a Goddamned Dump!!!! Not very ADA compliant!!!!!
Skelly (now Chapman) Stadium in Tulsa in 1995 to see us get embarrassed by Tulsa.
Boone Pickens Stadium in Stillwater to see us get clobbered by Okie State in 2003.