Can Mike Bath and B. Vigen switch roles on this staff?

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

I've a good idea. Bath has been coaching the RBs, correct? He's had great success IDing and developing our running backs. He's proven to be a good coach. PLUS he's been an interim HC at Miami OH and an offensive coordinator there. He's got good FBS experience.

Vigen on the other hand has well... sucked.

If we just switched their roles (and their compensations?) we could still have our "qb whisperer" and we'd likely improve our offense drastically. I'm convinced literally anyone would do better than Vigen. An ape could do better calling plays. All this while keeping continuity on our staff. Make this happen, Bohl!
rich22
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am I've a good idea. Bath has been coaching the RBs, correct? He's had great success IDing and developing our running backs. He's proven to be a good coach. PLUS he's been an interim HC at Miami OH and an offensive coordinator there. He's got good FBS experience.

If we just switched their roles (and their compensations?) we could still have our "qb whisperer" and we'd likely improve our offense drastically. I'm convinced literally anyone would do better than Vigen. An ape could do better calling plays. All this while keeping continuity on our staff. Make this happen, Bohl!
This might work but I think Coach Bath was in charge of running backs last year when Trey Woods started over Nico and Overstreet the whole year. I think (speculation) that is why Bath was reassigned to fullbacks/Tight ends this year because of the lack of recognition of talent in his position group last year.

I think Coach Bohl lets his staff, that are over certain position groups, have a big say in who is starting in that position group. I have no inside info to back this up but it makes sense in regards to the way Coach Bohl portray's himself to be more of a CEO head coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Grant moved/reassigned this off season with the same thing in mind, unless Bohl thinks the receiver group did good this year. :eek:

I think the only way to get Vigen to stop being the guy that is calling the plays is to have a Co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator like some schools do and have the co-offensive coordinator call the plays in game and keep Vigen as the Qb's coach and helping with the overall game plan during the week. Either that or Bohl cuts ties with Vigen all together. :twocents:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

rich22 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:10 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:21 am I've a good idea. Bath has been coaching the RBs, correct? He's had great success IDing and developing our running backs. He's proven to be a good coach. PLUS he's been an interim HC at Miami OH and an offensive coordinator there. He's got good FBS experience.

This might work but I think Coach Bath was in charge of running backs last year when Trey Woods started over Nico and Overstreet the whole year. I think (speculation) that is why Bath was reassigned to fullbacks/Tight ends this year because of the lack of recognition of talent in his position group last year.

I think Coach Bohl lets his staff, that are over certain position groups, have a big say in who is starting in that position group. I have no inside info to back this up but it makes sense in regards to the way Coach Bohl portray's himself to be more of a CEO head coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see Mike Grant moved/reassigned this off season with the same thing in mind, unless Bohl thinks the receiver group did good this year. :eek:

I think the only way to get Vigen to stop being the guy that is calling the plays is to have a Co-offensive coordinator/passing game coordinator like some schools do and have the co-offensive coordinator call the plays in game and keep Vigen as the Qb's coach and helping with the overall game plan during the week. Either that or Bohl cuts ties with Vigen all together. :twocents:
I didn't realize Bath got reassigned. If Woods starting ahead of Evans/Overstreet was Bath's idea then that puts a damper on things.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

This would never happen... if Vigen is to be replaced it shouldn't come internally
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

gopokes1399 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:00 am This would never happen... if Vigen is to be replaced it shouldn't come internally
Since Bohl and Vigen are BFFs Forever this seems like the best way for them to preserve their relationship and not uproot families. Heck, they don't even have to tell anyone they've switched roles
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

Vigen the QB Whisperer IS that a JOKE ??
Facts over feelings
1. Carson Wentz was recruited by Bohl BUT he never won the startin job while Vigen was there.
Only after Vigen left and the new coach (Now Kansas State Coach) took over did Wentz get a shot at the Job. QB whisperer had an NFL MVP on the bench for two years and did not know it
2. Josh Allen was recruited by a former DB Coach-Not Vigen
When Josh came in and won the starting job over Cam in the spring the QB whisperer picked Cam to start over Josh in September

He is a Bum and awful person-get rid of him ASAP
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm Vigen the QB Whisperer IS that a JOKE ??
Facts over feelings
1. Carson Wentz was recruited by Bohl BUT he never won the startin job while Vigen was there.
Only after Vigen left and the new coach (Now Kansas State Coach) took over did Wentz get a shot at the Job. QB whisperer had an NFL MVP on the bench for two years and did not know it
When Josh came in and won the starting job over Cam in the spring the QB whisperer picked Cam to start over Josh in September

Not to nit-pick, but the guy Wentz replaced wasn't exactly a slouch.

..and the guy that replaced Wentz is also not a slouch.
ImageImageImageImage
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

KeepitrealWyo wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:48 pm Vigen the QB Whisperer IS that a JOKE ??
Facts over feelings

Awfully strong words for someone that probably has either A) never met the guy or B) if they have, haven't spent more than 5 minutes with him.

It's one thing to not like him as a coach and want him out. But to say that someone is an awful person when you don't even know them, that's pretty f-word low.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

ImageImageImageImage
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 pm
To bring back an old Wyoming cheer...

Ahhhhhhhhh poop! poop! poop! poop!