Jared Scott

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Has left the football team. 3 WR this season alone. Can we get rid of Grant at least.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Someone called this earlier
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

laxwyo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 pm Someone called this earlier
I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but I mentioned I had a feeling he'd leave. Huge receiver made for jump balls, yet never got any thrown his way. Wonder if he regrets not going to Western Michigan instead?

I have a feeling none of our receivers feel as if they've been developed at all.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:58 pm
laxwyo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:44 pm Someone called this earlier
I'm sure I wasn't the only one, but I mentioned I had a feeling he'd leave. Huge receiver made for jump balls, yet never got any thrown his way. Wonder if he regrets not going to Western Michigan instead?

I have a feeling none of our receivers feel as if they've been developed at all.
Yeah, it’s one thing to not have a good passing season, it’s another to not get targeted at all
W-Y, Until I Die!
BerzerkerMullethead
Buckaroo

looking at Jared’s tweet, he thanks a lot of the coaches. I don't see a thank you to Vigen in there. I wonder why.
Last edited by BerzerkerMullethead on Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

Bohl is going to need to cut ties with Grant. We have had so many receivers leave and not develop. At one point do we just accept Insanity is the name of Brumans game.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Tough loss really. Way underused and looked good when he was targeted as a freshmen. It was confusing why the staff never felt comfortable exploiting size mismatches ( there are 6’7 TEs on the roster as well). Most Corners in the MW are 5’9 or 5’10.
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

Coincidence or???
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm Coincidence or???
I like Conway. Tough as nails
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster

cali2wyo wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm Coincidence or???
Sure sounds like it. It’s good to know we have kids that want to hold others accountable
W-Y, Until I Die!
Football Fan 22
Buckaroo

Football players are recruited to help when games not fight through poop. Football players are recruited on ability to play the game not the ability to fight through favoritism within a football program. Tell me how can Jared perform so well as a true freshman then his Sophomore year get zero targets. Football fans talk about player loyalty to a program but loyalty and respect goes both ways. Coaches need to be held accountable for their actions as well. I served 25 years in the Army I was a 1SG if I had 3 Soldiers walk away from my unit, leadership would be all over my ass. No one is held accountable on this coaching staff.
Football Fan 22
Buckaroo

I am sure it was not an easy decision for Jared but I wish him the best where ever he goes.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Football Fan 22 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:37 am Football players are recruited to help when games not fight through poop. Football players are recruited on ability to play the game not the ability to fight through favoritism within a football program. Tell me how can Jared perform so well as a true freshman then his Sophomore year get zero targets. Football fans talk about player loyalty to a program but loyalty and respect goes both ways. Coaches need to be held accountable for their actions as well. I served 25 years in the Army I was a 1SG if I had 3 Soldiers walk away from my unit, leadership would be all over my ass. No one is held accountable on this coaching staff.
I wouldn't blame any WR for not wanting to play in this offense. However, i would call sour grapes for ANY other position on this team
Football Fan 22
Buckaroo

Grant's favorite receivers are the ones with the most drops on the field. Several people have criticized TVW, look up how many dropped passes WYO had this year. Most of you have no idea how many times a certain receiver (Ismail) ran the wrong routes during the games, those mistakes at this level results in an inept offense.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

I am trying hard to become numb and unemotional toward players leaving. It happens more and more (everywhere - not just UW) every season.

Maybe Jared looked at who UW was recruiting and received verbals from...and elected to go somewhere where he can play (play - not just suit up and run around like he is playing f-word soccer).
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Football Fan 22
Buckaroo

I was wondering how many people read the article on players transferring from Wyoming football program. My question is why did the reporter use the picture of Jared missing a pass last year against Teaxs St instead of his touchdown catch against Central Michigan in the bowl game. I know that the media can make a player look great or they can make you look bad. I believe this picture was used for a reason. Wyo media make sure not to make the coaching staff look bad...
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

I'm not sure the media is intentionally targeting student athletes and I'm usually all in on a good conspiracy theory.

With that said, I do believe these are symptoms of a failing offense. Bohl will fix this.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The tribune reporter simply picked a picture that they had and went with it. Nothing else behind the choice of picture.

If you want to fault the reporter, fault him for being relatively lazy in the research and not indicating that Donalton has committed to run track at Illinois and that Leppke (walk on at Wyoming) committed to play quarterback at Fort Lewis.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:55 pm
If you want to fault the reporter, fault him for being relatively lazy in the research and not indicating that Donalton has committed to run track at Illinois and that Leppke (walk on at Wyoming) committed to play quarterback at Fort Lewis.
Or the fact that he can't even spell Donatlon's name or where he came from correct.
From the article:
Donalton, a three-sport standout during his prep days at West Aurora High in Colorado
Sounds fine right...except that's not how you spell his name and there is no West Aurora high school in Colorado...he's from Illinois.
gopokes1399
Blog Team

Scott didn't play a ton or get many targets... all WR think they "should get theirs" there will be more guys coming through but between Conway, Johnson, Okowli, Rocket JR, and Gentry we should be okay at that spot next year