Coaches Salaries

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

gopokes1399 wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:08 pm Hazleton is second highest paid assistant in Non P5 world behind Bill Young
3rd technically...Mike Denbrock of Cincinnati is #165 at $460,000.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Gotta give a good shout out to Burman for putting together respectable coaching salaries.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WyoBrandX
A Real Cowboy

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:46 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
Is that really common? Most people I know (mainly friends and former colleagues, to be fair) who take jobs in Denver only take them because they're significant raises. Sadly, there's also where most of offers aimed at me have been as well. It's definitely tempting when somebody dangles a $30-40k raise under your nose, but when you realize you're going to spend an extra 90 minutes in traffic every day to get that money, it's suddenly not attractive at all anymore.
I've always resisted taking those jobs. You have to balance the quality of life in. How much is parking. How much is driving going to stress you out. When you do the cost analysis, often times $120k in wyo is better than 170k in denver.

But if you want to really feel it out, you start looking at taxes, home appreciation, and all that.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
Is that really common? Most people I know (mainly friends and former colleagues, to be fair) who take jobs in Denver only take them because they're significant raises. Sadly, there's also where most of offers aimed at me have been as well. It's definitely tempting when somebody dangles a $30-40k raise under your nose, but when you realize you're going to spend an extra 90 minutes in traffic every day to get that money, it's suddenly not attractive at all anymore.
I've always resisted taking those jobs. You have to balance the quality of life in. How much is parking. How much is driving going to stress you out. When you do the cost analysis, often times $120k in wyo is better than 170k in denver.

But if you want to really feel it out, you start looking at taxes, home appreciation, and all that.
I would value no commute and minimal traffick at the 50k difference alone. Having an extra 2 hours a day not commuting is huge. Driving in rush hour traffic in Denver also just pisses me off. Putting up with that poop is not worth having more restaurants, a target, and a FuttBuckers close by.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am
McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:51 pm Good! We have to pay the most if we are going to attract quality candidates to Laramie. As much as we love Laramie, it is not easy convincing the wife when she isn't from here.

Thanks for posting.
I don't know if there is much truth to this, but OK
Ya, agree. In the eye of the beholder only.

You dangle $500,000 to me to live in Laramie and work, versus $750,000 to live in Denver and work - you can stick the $250,000 extra where the sun doesn't shine. For a plethora of reasons!
You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

At some point, the desire to bundle up and get my ass kicked in the driveway in February will cease to exist. LOL!
pansy.
When I am 70, if I get there, not much going to be going on in my life other that sitting by a pool, playing golf, traveling, and following Cowboy Football around the country. I will NOT be shoveling snow...65+ years of that poop is enough.

Then again, I will probably have a service to take care of lawn, garden, snow, etc., no matter where I live. LOL!
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

McPeachy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:51 am
LanderPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:46 pm
McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:20 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:41 am
McPeachy wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:38 am
LanderPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:19 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:51 pm Good! We have to pay the most if we are going to attract quality candidates to Laramie. As much as we love Laramie, it is not easy convincing the wife when she isn't from here.

Thanks for posting.
I don't know if there is much truth to this, but OK
Ya, agree. In the eye of the beholder only.

You dangle $500,000 to me to live in Laramie and work, versus $750,000 to live in Denver and work - you can stick the $250,000 extra where the sun doesn't shine. For a plethora of reasons!
You and I agree on this. Many people don't and will take the lower salary to live in Denver.
There will be a day in my life where Laramie will be the "second home" for only summer and fall, and I will live somewhere that I don't have to shovel. I may have to drop down to the "Hungry Man" meal plan (or early bird old fart discount dining), to afford it all, but it will happen.

At some point, the desire to bundle up and get my ass kicked in the driveway in February will cease to exist. LOL!
pansy.
When I am 70, if I get there, not much going to be going on in my life other that sitting by a pool, playing golf, traveling, and following Cowboy Football around the country. I will NOT be shoveling snow...65+ years of that poop is enough.

Then again, I will probably have a service to take care of lawn, garden, snow, etc., no matter where I live. LOL!
If I ever get the money I will travel a lot. I concur that a couple days out of the cold does recharge the batteries. And I will follow Cowboy football around, too. If football still exists in 25-30 years. However, I don't see myself moving from the Cowboy state. This is where I was born and where I want to die
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

WyoBrandX wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:33 am

Yeah, I mean, I'm already in Colorado and "closeish" to Denver, but every time I'm driving I-25 South, I get angry and stressed. My current commute is 45 minutes a day, and I'm not a huge fan, but it's nowhere near as stressful as Denver would be. Pretty sure I'd end up having a stroke in traffic eventually.