MWC Bowl Idea

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 9 times

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:31 am
I wouldn't be against a G5 playoff. We could take the conference champs and top three at large. It might be fun. You would get more interesting match ups than most bowl games but you could still keep bowl tie ins for winning schools that don't make the tourney. You can't tell me Fresno vs Memphis or Bosie vs UCF would not be entertaining. Schools could still be eligible for the CFP if somebody actually made it.
I think that would be cool if it could work out that way. Unfortunately, I could see the P5 conferences joining together and saying that if G5 splits off for their own tournament that they won't allow any G5 schools the opportunity to be eligible for the CFP.
Now if that is really all that bad, I don't know.
All this is just one step closer to making college athletics the minor leagues with more and more divisions just like for baseball.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Conference needs to add another bowl, I think the NCAA will allow 4 more? One needs to be in Vegas and one in Denver/Fort Collins area.

That being said the precedent is set that you have to be a 7 win team to get a bowl in the mwc. I am okay with that, there’s some guaranteed wins if your a half way competent team.