Hey Pokes!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

Utah State fan here.
A very unhappy Utah State fan.

First, I was out of town and occupied, so I didn't get a chance to offer congratulations on a great win over New Mexico. You guys did a great job of finishing out the season. I love the can do, never quit attitude of your program. Love you guys.

Second. This is bull poop. I am so pissed the BYU got a MWC bowl and you guys got left out, I could just spit. Craig Thompson has to go. This is totally unacceptable. This year is just a symptom of a bigger problem of the MWC having crappy bowl affiliations.

Third, my understanding is that Bouknight is going to Lubbock with Matt Wells. Wells is cleaning us out. The OC, DC, head strength and conditioning coach (truth be told, that's probably the one that hurts us the most), and some other position coaches, including Bouknight, are all going. Man, I don't get it. We get about 80% of our starters back, and all our back-ups got substantial playing time this year (about 3 games worth, because of the blow-outs). Next year, most of our toughest games will be in Logan (you guys, Boise, the lambies, the Why). I think next year Wells would have had a decent shot at a conference championship. No guarantees, but at least a very good year. With two really good years on his resume, he could have landed a decent P5 offer, instead of the perennial dumpster fire that is Texas Tech. Oh well, such is life in a G5 program, right?

Anyway, just wanted to come by and pay my respects.

Go Pokes, Go AGGIES!
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Wasn’t Wells about ready to get fired before this season?
W-Y, Until I Die!
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 128 times

P5 vs usu (or most any G5) is a no brainer.

We like to think we have unique situations that will keep a coach but we don't.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

LKGates wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:27 pm Utah State fan here.
A very unhappy Utah State fan.

First, I was out of town and occupied, so I didn't get a chance to offer congratulations on a great win over New Mexico. You guys did a great job of finishing out the season. I love the can do, never quit attitude of your program. Love you guys.

Second. This is bull poop. I am so pissed the BYU got a MWC bowl and you guys got left out, I could just spit. Craig Thompson has to go. This is totally unacceptable. This year is just a symptom of a bigger problem of the MWC having crappy bowl affiliations.

Third, my understanding is that Bouknight is going to Lubbock with Matt Wells. Wells is cleaning us out. The OC, DC, head strength and conditioning coach (truth be told, that's probably the one that hurts us the most), and some other position coaches, including Bouknight, are all going. Man, I don't get it. We get about 80% of our starters back, and all our back-ups got substantial playing time this year (about 3 games worth, because of the blow-outs). Next year, most of our toughest games will be in Logan (you guys, Boise, the lambies, the Why). I think next year Wells would have had a decent shot at a conference championship. No guarantees, but at least a very good year. With two really good years on his resume, he could have landed a decent P5 offer, instead of the perennial dumpster fire that is Texas Tech. Oh well, such is life in a G5 program, right?

Anyway, just wanted to come by and pay my respects.

Go Pokes, Go AGGIES!
Money. Opportunity. Money. Exposure. Money.

Those are the 5 things at play here.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Don't take this the wrong way, but Wells had to strike while the iron was hot. You guys won a couple that you shouldn't have all while avoiding the top 3 from the other division. All that equaled an inflated record. He had to do it this year because another 10-win season is not in the cards. Enjoy your 10-win season, we haven't had one in a coon's age.
jessejames02
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 am Don't take this the wrong way, but Wells had to strike while the iron was hot. You guys won a couple that you shouldn't have all while avoiding the top 3 from the other division. All that equaled an inflated record. He had to do it this year because another 10-win season is not in the cards. Enjoy your 10-win season, we haven't had one in a coon's age.
Dang, 22 years.

Also, WTF is a "coon's age?"
52-56
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

jessejames02 wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:39 am
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 am Don't take this the wrong way, but Wells had to strike while the iron was hot. You guys won a couple that you shouldn't have all while avoiding the top 3 from the other division. All that equaled an inflated record. He had to do it this year because another 10-win season is not in the cards. Enjoy your 10-win season, we haven't had one in a coon's age.
Dang, 22 years.

Also, WTF is a "coon's age?"
approx. 22 years
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

All points noted.

I don't think Wells was "ready to get fired". He was on a very short leash after the 3-9 season in '16. He bought some breathing room with the 6-7 season last year.

I made no prediction about a 10 win season next year. I did say that we get most of our starters, including most of the key skill positions, back. We also have most of our difficult games at home. We'll probably lose to Fresno. SDSU I'm not so sure. We can still pull off a divisional championship if we only lose to Fresno, then beat Boise in Logan. 10 wins would be a tall order next year, but 9-3 and division champions would have been a real possibility. But that's all "what if".
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 135 times
Been liked: 142 times

Yeah, I remember during the 16’ season there seemed to be some rumblings from the faithful
W-Y, Until I Die!