Schools who didn't get invited to a bowl...

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
hutchenc
Buckaroo

UW didn't get a bid because they weren't very good this year, like most years. Plain and simple. For the folks complaining about BYU...they'd kick the poop outta UW this year and it isn't close. Shoulda, coulda, woulda beat this team or that team...the Cowboys didn't take care of business.

Besides, BYU takes more alumni to games than UW ever will and that's a fact pokes fans need to accept.

Don't like BYU getting in ahead of UW...win more games. Very simple.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

When Wyoming played BYU in the bowl game, anyone notice if BYU had more fans there?
W-Y, Until I Die!
Expat_Poke
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 3 times

When I first read the news I was pretty hot under the collar at E$PN, BYU, and the Hair. After reading up on it, I am a less angry at the Hair. It was going to be Boise St in the Potato Bowl while a 6-6 BYU team gets to play a "P5" team in the First Responders Bowl. The Hair was able to work getting Boise St into a better bowl (which does help the conference a bit) and screwing BYU out of a better bowl. ESPN and BYU had an arrangement that a 6-6 BYU was going to get in before any other "G5" 6-6 team, that is a bunch of BS, but that is E$PN and BYU. BYU was going to a bowl, would you rather them getting the better exposure playing Boston College in a warmer climate, or freezing their behinds playing a MAC school?

If Wyoming would have won against Hawaii it would have been academic as Hawaii still gets 7 wins and a 7 win Wyo beats out 6-6 BYU. The loss of extra practices stinks, but hopefully this lights a fire in those returning players.
Returned from my 4 year exodus in Greenieville
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

hutchenc wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 am UW didn't get a bid because they weren't very good this year, like most years. Plain and simple. For the folks complaining about BYU...they'd kick the poop outta UW this year and it isn't close. Shoulda, coulda, woulda beat this team or that team...the Cowboys didn't take care of business.

Besides, BYU takes more alumni to games than UW ever will and that's a fact pokes fans need to accept.

Let me be the first to say...Merry Chr...wait, what I meant to say was f-word YOU. And you are grossly wrong on all accounts.

bWHYu fans - proving once again to be full of racist, judgemental, immoral assbags. Thanks for visiting.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 12 times
Been liked: 60 times

phxpoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:01 pm
307bball wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:51 pm "we got screwed"..."ESPN" didn't want us"....this is loser mentality. There are so many bowls now...if you get left out it is 99% about you and 1% about the things outside of your control.
Learn how to comprehend what you're reading! I said we need a new dynamic offense and that is why ESPN didn't want us.
Lol...your right ... of course if we had a dynamic offense and six wins we get in...ridiculous.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

hutchenc wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:42 am UW didn't get a bid because they weren't very good this year, like most years. Plain and simple. For the folks complaining about BYU...they'd kick the poop outta UW this year and it isn't close. Shoulda, coulda, woulda beat this team or that team...the Cowboys didn't take care of business.

You want to come on this board and tout byu*? By all means, do so, but don't forget to eat the bag of dicks that's free to all byu* fans....
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
307bball
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:50 am

Let me be the first to say...Merry Chr...wait, what I meant to say was f-word YOU. And you are grossly wrong on all accounts.

bWHYu fans - proving once again to be full of racist, judgemental, immoral assbags. Thanks for visiting.
Kicking the sh** out of Wyo?...no way...More alumni traveling to games?...mmm maybe, but not enough of a difference to matter.
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times

Meh, sub 85 SOS and no quality wins. MWC didn't lose a bowl, just got one of the better teams in the MWC a better bowl. Even though we'd curb stomp bywho, we can't complain too much.

I just wonder if Hair would do this for everyone in the conference or just bsu?
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Asshole? Sure. Judgemental assbags? Absolutely. Racist? Not based off this comment.

#TOOWoke
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:52 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:36 pm We got screwed
By Vigen
You are correct. Let's not lose sight of the REAL reason we are out of the bowl picture. Vigen and his dog puke offense held us back this year to the point that we finished with 2-3 wins fewer than our talent reflects.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

You're still here? Geez. go get a life
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

307bball wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:58 am
307bball wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:51 pm "we got screwed"..."ESPN" didn't want us"....this is loser mentality. There are so many bowls now...if you get left out it is 99% about you and 1% about the things outside of your control.
Learn how to comprehend what you're reading! I said we need a new dynamic offense and that is why ESPN didn't want us.
If we had a dynamic, even a decent, offense, we would have won more than six games!

Lol...your right ... of course if we had a dynamic offense and six wins we get in...ridiculous.
phxpoke
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 31 times
Been liked: 14 times

phxpoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am

What's ridiculous is our current offense. If we had a dynamic offense (or at least a decent one) we would have won more than six games!
cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

True, the Pokes weren't good enough this year. Meanwhile, BYU squeaked by an Arizona team with a losing record and squeaked by a Wisconsin team that got stomped by Minnesota. Neither of these teams had a particular good year. Hell, BYU had a losing record vs. the MWC this year. They did play some tough teams, but they lost to them. We accomplished a similar feat. All of our losses were to teams that were ranked in at least one major poll at the end of the regular season with the exception of an 8 win team, that did get votes during the season. The new modern era (or should I say error?) of BYU is 4-9 last year and 6-6 this year. They haven't been decent since they crushed us by 3 points in 2016. I'm afraid that BYU is heading down the path of New Mexico State or Idaho, hoping for 6 wins and sneaking into minor bowl games. No Conference Championships, certainly no National Championships and a yearly beat down by their in-state rivals. I believe BYU got the bowl nod as the powers that be know they have a good sized fan base and this will be their last chance for a bowl game for years to come.

Looking at BYUs schedule next year it's guaranteed to be a losing one. BYU will lose all 3 games vs. MWC opponents and will obviously lose to Utah to open the season. If they don't get by Toledo, they could start out 0-8. I want to give you Toledo, but it's an away game. What the hell, I'll give you Toledo and I'll give you a 3 game win streak vs. the murderers row you have scheduled towards the end of the season against Liberty, Idaho State and UMass. That's it. A second 4 win season in 3 years.

The real blood bath for BYU is 2020. BYU may seriously only win one game in 2020 vs. North Alabama. It is an impressive schedule. If your entire coaching staff is rightfully fired after this season, the new staff may get it in gear by 2020 and you might pull off another 3 or 4 win season. But everything would need to fall into place perfectly. But at least BYU is still a good basketball school, right? A game over .500 in the WAC. Not to shabby...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

cowboyz wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:59 am

True, the Pokes weren't good enough this year. Meanwhile, BYU squeaked by an Arizona team with a losing record and squeaked by a Wisconsin team that got stomped by Minnesota. Neither of these teams had a particular good year. Hell, BYU had a losing record vs. the MWC this year. They did play some tough teams, but they lost to them. We accomplished a similar feat. All of our losses were to teams that were ranked in at least one major poll at the end of the regular season with the exception of an 8 win team, that did get votes during the season. The new modern era (or should I say error?) of BYU is 4-9 last year and 6-6 this year. They haven't been decent since they crushed us by 3 points in 2016. I'm afraid that BYU is heading down the path of New Mexico State or Idaho, hoping for 6 wins and sneaking into minor bowl games. No Conference Championships, certainly no National Championships and a yearly beat down by their in-state rivals. I believe BYU got the bowl nod as the powers that be know they have a good sized fan base and this will be their last chance for a bowl game for years to come.

Looking at BYUs schedule next year it's guaranteed to be a losing one. BYU will lose all 3 games vs. MWC opponents and will obviously lose to Utah to open the season. If they don't get by Toledo, they could start out 0-8. I want to give you Toledo, but it's an away game. What the hell, I'll give you Toledo and I'll give you a 3 game win streak vs. the murderers row you have scheduled towards the end of the season against Liberty, Idaho State and UMass. That's it. A second 4 win season in 3 years.

The real blood bath for BYU is 2020. BYU may seriously only win one game in 2020 vs. North Alabama. It is an impressive schedule. If your entire coaching staff is rightfully fired after this season, the new staff may get it in gear by 2020 and you might pull off another 3 or 4 win season. But everything would need to fall into place perfectly. But at least BYU is still a good basketball school, right? A game over .500 in the WAC. Not to shabby...
Ouch! Nice, cowboyz. Awesome explanation of why it sucks to be a BYU fan
307bball
WyoNation Addict

phxpoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:14 am
phxpoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:11 am

What's ridiculous is our current offense. If we had a dynamic offense (or at least a decent one) we would have won more than six games!
Win 7 games...Offense is irrelevant if we win 7 games. Not getting a bowl this season had exactly zero to do with them hating our offense.... WIN. 7. GAMES. If Wyoming had won 7 games this season with every score being 2-0 we would be going bowling. THE reason Wyoming is not bowling is because they didn't close the deal against Hawaii...maybe if our defense was better we keep them out of the end zone to seal that victory...lol. And it is also true that a better offense could have produced the extra win (especially the Utah St game..argh).
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

So I've seen the idea of organizing our own 'bowl' game with Southern Miss. They have only played 11 games and since we played at Hawaii we are entitled to play a 13th game according to some rule. I think this sounds like a great idea. No idea where or when or if it could be televised, but that would be neat
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:51 pm So I've seen the idea of organizing our own 'bowl' game with Southern Miss. They have only played 11 games and since we played at Hawaii we are entitled to play a 13th game according to some rule. I think this sounds like a great idea. No idea where or when or if it could be televised, but that would be neat
That would be awesome and would be a good matchup! Southern Miss lost a game because the game was cancelled against App State in Boone during the hurricane. Wyoming chose not to schedule the 13th game although any team that travels to Hawaii can schedule an additional game. The rule was passed years ago to make up for the Hawaii travel costs and to incentivize teams to travel to Hawaii for a game (although the MWC forces Hawaii to pay travel subsidies anyways). Sam Boyd stadium would be easy travel for both teams and would make a ton of sense as Vegas would be appealing to many. Have any revenues split evenly amongst the two teams (after travel costs and stadium rental costs).

It won't happen but it makes a lot of sense!
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

I can't get too worked up about them not making a bowl....although it's always fun to see them in a bowl. Five wins against not-so-great teams, and one win over an FCS team. I still long for the days going to a bowl actually meant something. The minute 5-7 teams started playing in bowls they kinda lost their shine.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:46 am

Asshole? Sure. Judgemental assbags? Absolutely. Racist? Not based off this comment.

#TOOWoke
Ya, true, the racism thing has been in place at bWHYu and Provo since way before this post by the poop. Like when it was founded in 1875. And it is still prevalent today.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...