MWC Coaching Carousel

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

In regards to Klieman probably taking the K-State job, I do not like reading this..

A name to look for Klieman to bring with him, should he get the job, would be Wyoming defensive coordinator Scottie Hazelton. The two briefly overlapped on Craig Bohl’s NDSU stuff, and Hazelton eventually joined Bohl in Laramie.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... ach-search
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

I do not like this, either. Stay away from Scottie. UW loves you , Scottie!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Klieman to kstate is done. Just thought of something... What if ndsu hires vigen as his replacement? I know it won't happen, but I'm sure not many on this board would be too upset with his departure.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 pm Klieman to kstate is done. Just thought of something... What if ndsu hires vigen as his replacement? I know it won't happen, but I'm sure not many on this board would be too upset with his departure.
I looked at NDSU message board and his named was mentioned as a replacement but the problem is he makes more as the OC at Wyoming I believe than NDSU can pay him as head coach. Or it's pretty comparable.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 pm
303cowboy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:44 pm Klieman to kstate is done. Just thought of something... What if ndsu hires vigen as his replacement? I know it won't happen, but I'm sure not many on this board would be too upset with his departure.
I looked at NDSU message board and his named was mentioned as a replacement but the problem is he makes more as the OC at Wyoming I believe than NDSU can pay him as head coach. Or it's pretty comparable.
Klieman’s base salary at NDSU was $425,000 which is more than Hazelton and Vigen make at Wyoming. With incentives and football camps, Klieman exceeded $500,000.

I could see Hazelton as a very real candidate for the NDSU job (Vigen not likely).
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:46 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:08 pm
Klieman’s base salary at NDSU was $425,000 which is more than Hazelton and Vigen make at Wyoming. With incentives and football camps, Klieman exceeded $500,000.

I could see Hazelton as a very real candidate for the NDSU job (Vigen not likely).
Kliemans base salary his first year was $350k which would be more in line with what they would pay Vigen starting out. I wouldn't think he would get $425k starting out until he proves he can win like Klieman did.

With the incentives he could possibly make more if he could hit them, but is that enough for him to take the head coaching job? Maybe , maybe not.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

If Vigen isn't a leading candidate, that says something. Hope we don't lose Haze to either situation.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Hazelton could leave tomorrow and make a lot more as a D coordinator at a larger school than he would as the head guy at NDSU. I guess the real question is what does he want more right now, money or a head coach job.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

It was pretty funny to see K-state fans having a melt down online last night about hiring Klieman. Sounds like the fanbase is not happy. I think it is a great hire. Not sure who they thought they should have.

As far as Scottie goes. Not sure why Klieman wouldn't take his own D coordinator from NDSU unless he is in the running to replace him at NDSU. I think Vigen could make a decent HC. It allows someone else to call the plays on gameday.
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

It would be great if we somehow keep Hazelton and Vigen gets the NDSU job. That would be an awesome Christmas present.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Pokes fan 24-7 wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 am It would be great if we somehow keep Hazelton and Vigen gets the NDSU job. That would be an awesome Christmas present.
This +1000

I have always been the "careful what you wish for" kind, but in this circumstance, I wish Vigen to be HC at whatever that school is called in ND, and for Greg Brandon to return to UW as OC.

:thumb:
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Please let Vigen return to that craphole, ND.
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict

TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am It was pretty funny to see K-state fans having a melt down online last night about hiring Klieman. Sounds like the fanbase is not happy. I think it is a great hire. Not sure who they thought they should have.

As far as Scottie goes. Not sure why Klieman wouldn't take his own D coordinator from NDSU unless he is in the running to replace him at NDSU. I think Vigen could make a decent HC. It allows someone else to call the plays on gameday.
I think part of the contract was that with Klieman hired at K-St. he would retain all of Snyders assistants.

I should edit this and say I don't know if this is true or not and if he is supposed to keep Snyders assistants but I read it in a couple of places so thought their might be something to it.

stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:55 pm I do not like this, either. Stay away from Scottie. UW loves you , Scottie!
Please say it isn't so Scottie, please stay!!
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm
TSpoke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:14 am It was pretty funny to see K-state fans having a melt down online last night about hiring Klieman. Sounds like the fanbase is not happy. I think it is a great hire. Not sure who they thought they should have.

I think part of the contract was that with Klieman hired at K-St. he would retain all of Snyders assistants.

I should edit this and say I don't know if this is true or not and if he is supposed to keep Snyders assistants but I read it in a couple of places so thought their might be something to it.
No decent head coach would agree to that. That would effectively neuter the new head coach and prevent them from installing their system. If I was a K-State fan, I would really hope that wasn’t true because I would be questioning what kind of hire would agree to that.
Lost Poke
Cowpoke

OrediggerPoke wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:24 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:41 pm

No decent head coach would agree to that. That would effectively neuter the new head coach and prevent them from installing their system. If I was a K-State fan, I would really hope that wasn’t true because I would be questioning what kind of hire would agree to that.
Joe Tiller basically did that when he took over from Coach Roach. It lasted a couple of years, before he fired most of them and brought in his own guys - which led to 1996.
CodyPoke
Ranch Hand

Kansas State athletic director Gene Taylor said an interview with K-StateHD TV that there was never any stipulation put on a candidate that he would have to retain any current Wildcat assistant coaches.
LKGates
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:57 am
303cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 am Looks like K-State will hire Kleiman. Finally the butthurt bison fans will have another school to bitch at

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-k ... s-klieman/
Nothing would please me more than to see the Beeezzzun lose every game for the rest of eternity. Actually, seeing BYU's program dropped would be better. And seeing CSU lose every game would please me a lot, too. And for utah state to win 2 games per year for eternity
I'm wounded. I take back all the nice things I've ever said about you.

Go Pokes! Go AGGIES!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Good god it would be so glorious if Vigen went back to North Turdkota State.... PLEASE
Last edited by ItSucksToBeACSURam on Wed Dec 12, 2018 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.