MWC Coaching Carousel

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
303cowboy
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Matt Wells hired by Texas Tech so Utah St will be looking for a coach
UNLV announced Sanchez will be back
Sheep are obviously keeping Bobo
Harsin was rumored for a few jobs, but doesn't look like he'll go anywhere.
I can't believe Davie hasn't been fired at New Mexico yet. Is he safe?

Might be an uneventful year.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Has liked: 2 times

Heard Wells was taking most of his staff with him. Anyone know if Bouknight is going too?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Seems like Tedford will be going too
303cowboy
Cowpoke

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:08 am Seems like Tedford will be going too
I keep seeing he's happy in Fresno and would take the perfect opening to get him to leave. Not sure if any of the current openings would tempt him.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We should get Bouknight in staff.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

'PokeForLife wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 am Heard Wells was taking most of his staff with him. Anyone know if Bouknight is going too?
Was looking into this a bit, and this is all I could find. Pretty sure nurses are in demand everywhere.. I don't think that will hold him back.

But I could see all of them following Coach Wells with the exception of WR Coach Jovon Bouknight, his wife is a nurse and it's just hard to pack up and bail on that profession

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tec ... 125593925/
gopokes1399
Blog Team

303cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:54 am
'PokeForLife wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:56 am Heard Wells was taking most of his staff with him. Anyone know if Bouknight is going too?
Was looking into this a bit, and this is all I could find. Pretty sure nurses are in demand everywhere.. I don't think that will hold him back.

But I could see all of them following Coach Wells with the exception of WR Coach Jovon Bouknight, his wife is a nurse and it's just hard to pack up and bail on that profession

https://247sports.com/college/texas-tec ... 125593925/

It's pretty easy to pack up and find a nursing gig... Bouknight needs to come in and be Co OC. That's the only way we pry him
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

303cowboy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:02 am Matt Wells hired by Texas Tech so Utah St will be looking for a coach
UNLV announced Sanchez will be back
Sheep are obviously keeping Bobo
Harsin was rumored for a few jobs, but doesn't look like he'll go anywhere.
I can't believe Davie hasn't been fired at New Mexico yet. Is he safe?

Might be an uneventful year.
Disappointing news for USU fans. I would rather have seen Wells stay in Logan and watch Boy-Z's program lose a staff.

CS-ewe with the correct decision! :D
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Odds are Davie isn't going anywhere, they can't afford his buyout. Even though his buyout is only like $1.3 million...shows you how broke UNM is. Unless a donor ponies up, they are stuck with him for at least another year (his contract is through 2021!!!).
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Oh maaaaan. I reallllly hope we make a play for Bouknight. Maybe that can actually get our receivers to become a strength rather than only being good for blocking.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

We need receivers!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 31 times

ImageImageImageImage
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Seriously, bring in Bouknight!
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 15 times

Wyoming couldn't pay Bouknight as much as Texas Tech.

Also according to someone on the other board that is inside the Wyoming Athletics Department Bouknight was already offered a job at Wyoming a year ago and had accepted it for 24 hours but his wife vetoed it. She doesn't want to be in Laramie apparently. She is a Utah St. Grad. So unless Wyoming is going to be able to pay him bookoo bucks to overcome his wife not wanting to be in Laramie he won't ever be at Wyoming.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm Wyoming couldn't pay Bouknight as much as Texas Tech.

Also according to someone on the other board that is inside the Wyoming Athletics Department Bouknight was already offered a job at Wyoming a year ago and had accepted it for 24 hours but his wife vetoed it. She doesn't want to be in Laramie apparently. She is a Utah St. Grad. So unless Wyoming is going to be able to pay him bookoo bucks to overcome his wife not wanting to be in Laramie he won't ever be at Wyoming.
Sounds like he married the wrong gal :D If my wife wouldn't let me come back to Laramie, I'd probably be single!
I'm good for 3!
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Looks like Gary Anderson is going back to Utah St
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Also, the one job opening that always made me nervous about Bohl leaving for might come open today.. Bill Snyder likely to step down at K-State. Heres hoping they hire Klieman instead.
303cowboy
Cowpoke

Looks like K-State will hire Kleiman. Finally the butthurt bison fans will have another school to bitch at

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-k ... s-klieman/
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

303cowboy wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:51 am Looks like K-State will hire Kleiman. Finally the butthurt bison fans will have another school to bitch at

http://footballscoop.com/news/sources-k ... s-klieman/
Nothing would please me more than to see the Beeezzzun lose every game for the rest of eternity. Actually, seeing BYU's program dropped would be better. And seeing CSU lose every game would please me a lot, too. And for utah state to win 2 games per year for eternity
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Cornpoke wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:42 pm
seattlecowboy wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:34 pm Wyoming couldn't pay Bouknight as much as Texas Tech.

Sounds like he married the wrong gal :D If my wife wouldn't let me come back to Laramie, I'd probably be single!
The Bouknight ship has sailed. He is off to Texas Tech. Wish him the best, maybe someday he will end up back in Brown & Gold, but it won't be next year.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...