Craig Thompson Bowl Mumblings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Losing the Poinsettia Bowl hurt the league, but how does a rat-crap conference like CUSA have a couple more bowl tie-ins than the MWC?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Can we get rid of that piece of crap, Craig Thompson already? what a bum
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

POKE FAN wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:22 pm Losing the Poinsettia Bowl hurt the league, but how does a rat-crap conference like CUSA have a couple more bowl tie-ins than the MWC?
I think every conference has more than us. Maybe not Sunbelt? I think comes down to Craig Thomson sucks at his job in terms of getting and keeping mw bowl games. He clearly has already stopped trying in ours and the conferences behalf this year also based on those above tweets
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:25 pm
POKE FAN wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:22 pm Losing the Poinsettia Bowl hurt the league, but how does a rat-crap conference like CUSA have a couple more bowl tie-ins than the MWC?
I think every conference has more than us. Maybe not Sunbelt? I think comes down to Craig Thomson sucks at his job in terms of getting and keeping mw bowl games. He clearly has already stopped trying in ours and the conferences behalf this year also based on those above tweets
I think the MAC has four and the Sun Belt has as many tie-ins as the MWC.

Pathetic.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

MWC has 5 bowl tie-ins.
Conference USA has 7.
MAC has 4.
Sun Belt has 5.
AAC has 7.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

Fort Collins really should try for a Bowl. They are a better location than Boise, call it the front range bowl or craft brewing bowl ( if the ncaa would allow it). Have a brew fest on Friday before the bowl. It is a great proximity bowl for CSU, Wyoming, Air Force, and New Mexico, and it is a new stadium. Push for that Craig.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

marcuswyo wrote: Wed Nov 28, 2018 5:30 pm Fort Collins really should try for a Bowl. They are a better location than Boise, call it the front range bowl or craft brewing bowl ( if the ncaa would allow it). Have a brew fest on Friday before the bowl. It is a great proximity bowl for CSU, Wyoming, Air Force, and New Mexico, and it is a new stadium. Push for that Craig.
Smoke a Bowl Bowl
J-Rod
Bronco-Buster

I'm surprised by this. Wyoming has one of the strongest traveling bases out West. You'd think one of these bowls would by calling Wyoming's athletic office to replace some 6-6 MAC program that's bound to buy all of 27 bowl tickets.

BTW, I'm so freaking done with Thompson's constant excuse making.
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

I thought so too that our following and numbers we bring would raise the eyebrows of committee members for any bowl...not this time i guess, guess Tucson doesn't need the W.Y.O.
pokefanchaz7
A Real Cowboy

As much as we like watching these games it’s unfortunate that
The players who Rattled off four wins in a row to end the season get nothing in return.

I will say this though. I hope that Vegas has more then one bowl when they open their new stadium. There really isn’t a reason they couldn’t. Vegas is a destination and people will travel and spend lots of money in those bowls.

But when we lose the Vegas bowl, if there is no replacement, it will get very ugly for mwc teams and bowl bids.
C-O-W-B-O-Y-S! COWBOYS COWBOYS COWYBOYS!
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

If you can stomach listening to Boise commentators and Thompson, here is the interview where Thompson mentions having a long talk with Bohl concerning the bowl situation.

Audio: http://www.ktik.com/2018/11/28/idaho-sp ... itle-game/
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 291 times
Been liked: 115 times

Thompson is a joke. Always has been. I think he has it out for Wyoming as well - he has done us no favors.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

McPeachy wrote: Thu Nov 29, 2018 11:20 am Thompson is a joke. Always has been. I think he has it out for Wyoming as well - he has done us no favors.
There used to be a #FireCraigThompson hashtag floating around Twitter. What happened to that movement? Yes, Thompson is a clown. Has this conference just resigned itself to mediocrity by allowing this guy to remain for way too long? The Gonzaga charade and this MWC bowl tie-in farce are just sickening.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Does Thompson have to croak for us to get a new commissioner? I know he's got the hair of a much younger man, but how old is he?
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 75 times

Unbelievable to me that Thompson is airing out internal details of the process. He claims to have called Bohl and Wyoming kept that quiet for obvious reasons. And he goes on some Boise talk show and gives them an inside scoop into the Bowl process? With five days left before anything is final? Disgusting.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Listen to this:

David Settle's interview with Tom Burman.

OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

We are all Marshall and Memphis fans today. Need both of those teams to win to have any shot.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Sat Dec 01, 2018 6:09 am We are all Marshall and Memphis fans today. Need both of those teams to win to have any shot.
31-6 VT at the half. Not going to happen.