Craig Thompson Bowl Mumblings

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:00 pm
aranderson wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:57 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:50 pm No go for the Arizona Bowl Nevada vs. Arkansas State.

Potato Bowl has BYU vs. Western Michigan, according to rumor.
Are they not required to take a MWC team!
Yeah so apparently there was some wheeling and dealing going on. Appeasing BYU to get them back into the MW? Excuse me.... :puke: :puke: :puke:
If this is true, and our AD acquiesced in any way, both he and Hair-boy should apply for jobs at byu*. Their agenda is definitely different from the mainstream....
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wait what?
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Yeah, it's looking more and more as if, for some reason, Thompson released the Potato Bowl from its MWC obligation...
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

No bowl invite for us. No shocker there. :roll:
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 36 times
Been liked: 45 times

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm Yeah, it's looking more and more as if, for some reason, Thompson released the Potato Bowl from its MWC obligation...
Betca good money that he did it to appease BYU.
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm
Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:45 pm Yeah, it's looking more and more as if, for some reason, Thompson released the Potato Bowl from its MWC obligation...
There's also the possibility that we were looking at a possibility of returning to the Potato Bowl and Bohl and Burman decided not to.

But any "appeasement" of byu* is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that's the true case, and we never had the first right of refusal, Burman should cancel the games scheduled against byu* and unreservedly complain to the presidents about Thompson.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

Wyovanian wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:57 pm
Wyokie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 2:49 pm
There's also the possibility that we were looking at a possibility of returning to the Potato Bowl and Bohl and Burman decided not to.

But any "appeasement" of byu* is inexcusable and unforgivable. If that's the true case, and we never had the first right of refusal, Burman should cancel the games scheduled against byu* and unreservedly complain to the presidents about Thompson.
Looking forward to comments from Tommy B. and the irrepressible Craig Thompson concerning the Potato Bowl.

Radioactive BYU (6-6) over the Pokes in Boise? I'm seething.

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Unbelievable. Fire Thompson
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

By the way, Mike Prater is your typical brainless, Boise-lovin' pr!ck. I apologize after the fact for using his tweets in this thread.

POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

This is kinda what I figured... once UCF won, there was zero chance Wyo was going to a bowl. Who falls where is just semantics...
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:46 pm This is kinda what I figured... once UCF won, there was zero chance Wyo was going to a bowl. Who falls where is just semantics...
So it basically came down to that. If Memphis won we got a bowl
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:01 pm
WestWYOPoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:46 pm This is kinda what I figured... once UCF won, there was zero chance Wyo was going to a bowl. Who falls where is just semantics...
No. I don't believe so. If Memphis won, I believe the Potato Bowl takes SDSU, the Frisco Bowl or the First Responders Bowl takes BYU and the remaining opening spot in the Frisco/First Responder goes to someone else. The Potato Bowl did not want Wyoming for a 2nd year in a row and was only willing to forego a MWC selection to get BYU. Wyoming needed both Memphis and Marshall to win for the requisite cascade of events.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:47 pm
No. I don't believe so. If Memphis won, I believe the Potato Bowl takes SDSU, the Frisco Bowl or the First Responders Bowl takes BYU and the remaining opening spot in the Frisco/First Responder goes to someone else. The Potato Bowl did not want Wyoming for a 2nd year in a row and was only willing to forego a MWC selection to get BYU. Wyoming needed both Memphis and Marshall to win for the requisite cascade of events.
OK, thanks for the clarification
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:54 pm
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:47 pm
OK, thanks for the clarification
Yep. Actually pretty sure that the Frisco Bowl would have been obligated to take an AAC team and BYU probably goes to the First Responder (or Gasparilla) with a Memphis win. So, in hindsight, I'm not upset that Memphis won because I want to see BYU get pounded on the Blue field after leaving the MWC (in part) because the bowl opportunities weren't good enough.