We are 118/129 in total offense. Enough is enough

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

If Bohl wants to take this program to the next level we have got to suck less on offense. It's a miracle we won 6 this year with the offense we put out there. It's stale and predictable.

Staff changes, changes to the philosophy, all new playbook? SOMETHING needs to change. It would be insane to expect different results next year if we don't make drastic changes. :tickedoff:
KeepitrealWyo
Buckaroo

As long as Bohl employs his buddy Vigen we are doomed on the Offensive side of the Ball.
Instead of bitching about being shunned by the Bowls - Who the hell wants to see our Offense- We should rearrange the Offensive staff immediately.
Vigen Gone
WR Coach Gone
Offensive Line Coach Gone (sorry he has had enough time to turn it around)
TE Coach Probable
Running Back Coach Stay- Brian Hill and Nicco played well past 4 years
stymeman
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 4 times
Been liked: 42 times

Agreed, its time to throw loyalty out the window and hire a staff that can get the job done....6-6 the way we got it is worthy but doesn't make me believe we deserve a bowl this year, 7-5 is our true qualifier, this was written b4 the cpp show
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

It’s crazy how bad it’s been for the majority of five years. How can Bohl be OK with this?? If he doesn’t drastically change something then he’s basically waiving a white flag
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

So now that the season is officially over will we get any announcement on offensive staff changes? Or are we just stuck with bottom 20 offenses every year forever more?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:09 pm So now that the season is officially over will we get any announcement on offensive staff changes? Or are we just stuck with bottom 20 offenses every year forever more?
If you look back to 2016 when Stanard was fired, the announcement came on December 29/30. I would bet if something were to happen, it might be around the same time.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

It's as bad as Wyokie talking 1988 or CDA talking 36 team conferences with you
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

wyokoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 pm It's as bad as Wyokie talking 1988 or CDA talking 36 team conferences with you
I agree. It’s like he’s an OC Jedi master and can instantly see where the OC is failing. I think the university should hire him as CO-offensive coordinator to help Vigen
W-Y, Until I Die!
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 am
wyokoke wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:08 pm It's as bad as Wyokie talking 1988 or CDA talking 36 team conferences with you
I agree. It’s like he’s an OC Jedi master and can instantly see where the OC is failing. I think the university should hire him as CO-offensive coordinator to help Vigen
Funny, because Wyokie hasn't even posted in this thread.

Are saying Vigen is doing a fine job?
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 116 times

I'm also curious who all the Vigen supporters are?

Let me ask it a different way, if you don't think Vigen is the problem, do you think he's the solution?

I think he must do some things well because Bohl appears to have a lot of faith in him. I just wonder if there is a different role Vigen can play that is better suited to his strengths?

QB development, WR development, and play calling have been suspect (to say the least) at times.

I think line play has improved and this staff seems to do well with developing RBs.

If Bohl doesn't move on from Vigen, next year's offense better be pretty solid.
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

One thing that I have been curious about...if Wyo were to let Vigen go, we can no longer boast the claim of having developed 2 NFL QBs (Wentz and Allen). Vigen was the guy that developed them. Not saying that this a is a strong enough reason to keep him around, but it is worth noting that that is something UW would lose if he weren't brought back.
WyomingAg
A Real Cowboy

WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 am One thing that I have been curious about...if Wyo were to let Vigen go, we can no longer boast the claim of having developed 2 NFL QBs (Wentz and Allen). Vigen was the guy that developed them. Not saying that this a is a strong enough reason to keep him around, but it is worth noting that that is something UW would lose if he weren't brought back.
Any time I see that said on tv they always reference bohl not any coordinators. I think it would still be said and thrown around just as much as long as bohl is still head coach
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict

WyomingAg wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 11:44 am
WestWYOPoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:57 am One thing that I have been curious about...if Wyo were to let Vigen go, we can no longer boast the claim of having developed 2 NFL QBs (Wentz and Allen). Vigen was the guy that developed them. Not saying that this a is a strong enough reason to keep him around, but it is worth noting that that is something UW would lose if he weren't brought back.
Any time I see that said on tv they always reference bohl not any coordinators. I think it would still be said and thrown around just as much as long as bohl is still head coach
Which on one hand I get, as Bohl is the head guy so he gets credit for everything that happens, good or bad. But on the other hand, he is a defensive coach, besides the recruiting of these guys he did very little in their development.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

If Vigen is truly a QB master why did Tyler regress (I like the kid at QB), and why did Nick Smith never develop at all. I am not saying Nick would be a starter, but the poor kid looks like he was never coached. Vigen didn't recruit or find Wentz and Allen.
Our WR coach is god awful. Our receivers look awful running routes and giving up. This offense is looking like Joe Glenn receivers in his final years.
Haug and Bath...I'll even add Fuchs seem to be the only capable coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

Vapoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 1:28 pm If Vigen is truly a QB master why did Tyler regress (I like the kid at QB), and why did Nick Smith never develop at all. I am not saying Nick would be a starter, but the poor kid looks like he was never coached. Vigen didn't recruit or find Wentz and Allen.
Our WR coach is god awful. Our receivers look awful running routes and giving up. This offense is looking like Joe Glenn receivers in his final years.
Haug and Bath...I'll even add Fuchs seem to be the only capable coaches on the offensive side of the ball.
This has nothing to do with Vigen. I didn't see any regression in TVW. What are you referring to? I actually saw a marked improvement in his ability to plant his feet and throw the ball on the run from the beginning of the season to where he was at in the last 2 games. Additionally, Nick Smith was not a Division 1 quality QB and that was apparent from his first game ever started. Great guy to have on the team but not a starting QB and no offensive coordinator would have been able to change that (he might have been slightly more effective in a triple option type system).
Vapoke
Cowpoke

That is the point of coaching is to develop the talent, and if need to adjust your scheme to meet the strength of what you have. It took until Sean Chambers to see that finally happen.
Tyler had lost a lot of confidence prior to the Air Force game. I can't blame it all on Vigen though (even though he is in charge of the offensive staff), our receiver coach is awful. Our receivers never seemed to run their routes to the first down markers. Tyler seemed to regress in New Mexico only going 4 of 17, even with Fort dropping a pass those numbers aren't going to beat the Boise or Fresno "Not" State's.
fromolwyoming
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 2 times

Can't forget the number of penalties. It kind of got cleaned up later in the season, but the offense, due to holdings or false starts, just kept piling them up. Killing a lot of drives before they ever got going. You would think that would be one of the basics to work on during practice.
Vapoke
Cowpoke

fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:13 pm Can't forget the number of penalties. It kind of got cleaned up later in the season, but the offense, due to holdings or false starts, just kept piling them up. Killing a lot of drives before they ever got going. You would think that would be one of the basics to work on during practice.
I think we can all agree that coorindators make a huge difference. Stanard to Hazelton is a prime example. That 2016 would have been way more dominant had Mallory been in charge of the D.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 128 times
Been liked: 134 times

Vapoke wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:22 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:13 pm Can't forget the number of penalties. It kind of got cleaned up later in the season, but the offense, due to holdings or false starts, just kept piling them up. Killing a lot of drives before they ever got going. You would think that would be one of the basics to work on during practice.
I think we can all agree that coorindators make a huge difference. Stanard to Hazelton is a prime example. That 2016 would have been way more dominant had Mallory been in charge of the D.
I’m not saying stanard was good but he had nearly all freshmen one year and then sophomores the next.
W-Y, Until I Die!
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Wyovanian wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:07 am
laxwyo wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 4:28 am
Funny, because Wyokie hasn't even posted in this thread.

Are saying Vigen is doing a fine job?
Because we haven't brought up uniforms yet. And I never said that, but jfc talk about beating a dead horse