6-6!!! What a Down year.

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
kansasCowboy
WyoNation Addict

Not sure if anyone remembers a few weeks back, but I had stated that we’d be 6-6 and that it’s nice that we could consider .500 a down year rather than 4-8’s or 2-10’s.
We had major question marks going into the season. I only predicted four wins... until I saw the team play the first two games. Then I had a pretty good feeling about where we are today.
Like I said then, we have young qb’s who will only get better, a line that will grow with experience, two Frosh RB’s who can have big years ahead of them. We’ll have CJ Johnson back next year which will give us some good experience outside and we seem to have some good backups to replace our top defenders that will be leaving.

So all in all, it’s nice to have such a down year! Could’ve been much worse...but it wasn’t.

Go Pokes!!! Hope we get a Bowl!!
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Best bet them fart sniffers in Fart Colons would love to have a down year like this.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

We return Crall, Holt, Wilson, Mauluai, Hall, and Hull, ( should qualify for an injury redshirt from last year) Coldon, and Blankenbaker and an outside shot at Ghaifan. Throw in Halliburton who played quite a bit and the defense looks in good shape again.
bladerunnr
A Real Cowboy
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 66 times

It certainly feels good to finish on a high note...….

cowboyz
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

kansasCowboy wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 4:09 pm Not sure if anyone remembers a few weeks back, but I had stated that we’d be 6-6 and that it’s nice that we could consider .500 a down year rather than 4-8’s or 2-10’s.
We had major question marks going into the season. I only predicted four wins... until I saw the team play the first two games. Then I had a pretty good feeling about where we are today.
Like I said then, we have young qb’s who will only get better, a line that will grow with experience, two Frosh RB’s who can have big years ahead of them. We’ll have CJ Johnson back next year which will give us some good experience outside and we seem to have some good backups to replace our top defenders that will be leaving.

So all in all, it’s nice to have such a down year! Could’ve been much worse...but it wasn’t.

Go Pokes!!! Hope we get a Bowl!!
There were a few of us that said we could win the last 4, TS, FarEast. Although I do recall CowPoke Pride saying I was high... :|
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

This year made me feel... alive. So frustrating in the beginning so fun toward the end!
alyssa
A Real Cowboy

I saw only the first 2 and the AF game.
Another team I watch I saw only 2 games.

I've seen about only 10 games all year because things have been so crazy.
I can't even talk about football these last 2 or 3 years because I've seen so little.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

alyssa wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:36 pm I saw only the first 2 and the AF game.
Another team I watch I saw only 2 games.

I've seen about only 10 games all year because things have been so crazy.
I can't even talk about football these last 2 or 3 years because I've seen so little.
So don't