TVW

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

You showed class after getting benched.....and showed some capabilities and some balls today. You are a reflection of a total team player and you helped give the seniors a great home send off. I have been a tough critic of you but you made me proud today. Go enjoy this night and sleep well knowing that you were a stud today.....stand tall and way to be cowboy tough......
seattlecowboy
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 2 times
Been liked: 16 times

I concur.

Great game today TVW! Way to show grit and tenacity. Great game.

Follow me on Twitter for all of your Free/Paid sports wagers all year around. Football, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Soccer, Tennis, etc….

488-348 +721 Units won in 6.5 months follow @bet_chase on twitter….
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 60 times
Been liked: 226 times

Brown and Gold wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:11 pm You showed class after getting benched.....and showed some capabilities and some balls today. You are a reflection of a total team player and you helped give the seniors a great home send off. I have been a tough critic of you but you made me proud today. Go enjoy this night and sleep well knowing that you were a stud today.....stand tall and way to be cowboy tough......
Well said! No quit in that dude!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

Tvw vs New Mexico for a bowl game. How great is college football

I'm still a believer moving forward. I think we have two qb's. That's a good thing
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

TVW is the man and can still be the man with good play calling.
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

Hell yes.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

I didn't think there was a snowball's chance in hell he could lead us to the win, but he did. Very happy we utilized Mayfield as well so he got a good sendoff. His first 100+ yard game, I'm guessing?
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Heck yeah, Tyler. A true cowboy
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

I’ll gladly eat crow knowing I was all about Chambers. Way to step up TVW
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

I said from the time he was benched that we hadn't heard the last of TVW. I thought the talent was there he was just in his head so much with the struggles and with the way Sean plays I knew he would get another chance eventually. Didn't think it would happen so soon. Get well Sean and go TVW.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

I think the problem early on was that Bohl/Vigen forced TVW too often into a 3rd and long after two unproductive runs up the middle. But everybody knows that. Now lets see if Bohl/Vigen can be more creative next game.
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 am I think the problem early on was that Bohl/Vigen forced TVW too often into a 3rd and long after two unproductive runs up the middle. But everybody knows that. Now lets see if Bohl/Vigen can be more creative next game.
That's the big "if," isn't it? TVW's passing percentage was still pretty bad, but because we didn't go for 3 yard completions to the opposite sideline (left hash marks to right sideline), we actually managed to get some sustained drives.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

Adv8RU12 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:41 am I think the problem early on was that Bohl/Vigen forced TVW too often into a 3rd and long after two unproductive runs up the middle. But everybody knows that. Now lets see if Bohl/Vigen can be more creative next game.
Vigen should be fired.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

What we saw of TVW on the last two drives is what we haven't seen all year and what has been missing. That is the ability to extend plays allowing for open windows to develop and an ability to deliver the ball accurately on the run. Before Air Force, TVW looked horrible with his decision making and with his throws on the move.

The Air Force game showed me that he has that potential to make plays on the move which will be crucial to his success. He has the physical tools, there is no question about that. But if he can't consistently make those throws on the move, he is unlikely to have much success.

The focus on 'vigen this' and 'vigen that' as if that is the sole solution to Wyoming's offensive issues gets pretty annoying. I certainly believe there are plenty of better coordinators out there; however, give the guy credit for completing changing his scheme now twice in the last few weeks to try and fit the guy under center.
TSpoke
A Real Cowboy

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 am What we saw of TVW on the last two drives is what we haven't seen all year and what has been missing. That is the ability to extend plays allowing for open windows to develop and an ability to deliver the ball accurately on the run. Before Air Force, TVW looked horrible with his decision making and with his throws on the move.

The Air Force game showed me that he has that potential to make plays on the move which will be crucial to his success. He has the physical tools, there is no question about that. But if he can't consistently make those throws on the move, he is unlikely to have much success.

The focus on 'vigen this' and 'vigen that' as if that is the sole solution to Wyoming's offensive issues gets pretty annoying. I certainly believe there are plenty of better coordinators out there; however, give the guy credit for completing changing his scheme now twice in the last few weeks to try and fit the guy under center.
Great post. My biggest problem or concern with TVW early was his throws on the move and against AF he was good at throwing while running. That 4th down play was amazing.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster

TSpoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 am
OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:43 am What we saw of TVW on the last two drives is what we haven't seen all year and what has been missing. That is the ability to extend plays allowing for open windows to develop and an ability to deliver the ball accurately on the run. Before Air Force, TVW looked horrible with his decision making and with his throws on the move.

Great post. My biggest problem or concern with TVW early was his throws on the move and against AF he was good at throwing while running. That 4th down play was amazing.
It was! With 5 AF players bearing down on him, I was impressed how he was able to set his feet and deliver the ball accurately!

But maybe equally important and what showed me some real improvement was the 3rd down play that made the 4th down play possible. Wyoming was facing a 3rd and 15 and nothing was there (other than Mayfield who was sitting in the flat on a 2-yard route that wouldn't have ended well and would have resulted in Mayfield getting blown up). Rather than take the sack or making the ill-advised throw to Mayfield that I would have expected given what we had seen earlier in the year, TVW tucked it and managed 6 yards to make the 4th down play possible. We have to remember that TVW is still an RS-Freshman and that play showed me that he is in-fact learning from his experience.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

Everyone is giving Vigen credit for it this time. Thing is, its the only time he has shown that he can/is willing to do it. Its like the first time he even realized that it is even possible to change the scheme is when Chambers came in. Good on him for finally making some adjustments, but he's got a short leash (we hope). In many peoples' minds its too short to extend to next season.
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Everyone is giving Vigen credit for it this time. Thing is, its the only time he has shown that he can/is willing to do it. Its like the first time he even realized that it is even possible to change the scheme is when Chambers came in. Good on him for finally making some adjustments, but he's got a short leash (we hope). In many peoples' minds its too short to extend to next season.
Why change the scheme when really obvious player mistakes are happening all over the field? Vigen is not the guy committing drive killing penalties and letting rushers in unblocked. The schedule has gotten easier in the most recent games, AND the general play has tightened up. My gut feeling is that the scheme has evolved over the course of the season, but the biggest difference has been elevated quality of play at qb and offensive line.
'PokeForLife
Cowpoke
Been liked: 9 times

307bball wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:31 pm
'PokeForLife wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:09 pm

Why change the scheme when really obvious player mistakes are happening all over the field? Vigen is not the guy committing drive killing penalties and letting rushers in unblocked. The schedule has gotten easier in the most recent games, AND the general play has tightened up. My gut feeling is that the scheme has evolved over the course of the season, but the biggest difference has been elevated quality of play at qb and offensive line.
Isn't one of the most important aspects of a coach's job providing a framework which minimizes the weakness your players have and maximizing their strengths? Vigen has shown total bullheadedness in this area (for years) except for when Chambers started playing.
Of course it comes down to the players on the field blocking and not committing penalties, but to say that a coach shouldn't implement a system that facilitates the specific players' strengths is to say that we don't need coaches at all.
Brown and Gold
Ranch Hand

There's certainly evidence that Vigen struggles with a game plan at this level going back several years. TVW gets put in similar situations from predictable play calling that even Josh Allen struggled with. We had a great deal of success from Josh Allen making plays from a bad play call or broken play. Vigen does well sometimes to his credit. Of course, penalties, broken assignments, and mistakes factor in at times which is not his fault.

I know I got heat for thinking about playing Nick Smith but I would have some packages with him running the Chambers plays. He's a more than capable runner and it could come in handy if we sputter. Hopefully, he's prepared to play if needed. My hope is that TVW is back and plays well. I think he will.