Eight MWC teams could be bowl eligible

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Lost Poke
Cowpoke
Been liked: 15 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 2:07 pm
fromolwyoming wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 1:41 pm
McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am Read a Burman quote today, that there is a chance - even with finishing 6&6 we are left out of a bowl game (as we all knew / discussed). I thought that was interesting coming from the AD...kind of a give-up mentality. Then again, maybe he doesn't want an invite - it will increase his work load.
For once, can't really pin it on him. Bowl games want G5 schools over schools like Wyoming. Our AD could outbid the G5 school, but if the Bowl still chooses them, well...
Call me crazy, but if I was the AD, in this specific situation, I would be lobbying hard for my team to make a bowl game. You would hear nothing but positive spin and passionate rhetoric about how my team deserves a bowl game.
I wouldn't call you crazy at all. But there's nothing about his statement that indicates he is or isn't trying as hard as he can to get us in to a bowl.
J-Bone
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 11 times

Lost Poke wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm
I wouldn't call you crazy at all. But there's nothing about his statement that indicates he is or isn't trying as hard as he can to get us in to a bowl.
Publicly stating he has doubts indicates he isn't trying as hard as he should.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 306 times
Been liked: 119 times

So...it is the AD's job to promote his FB team for a bowl game?

What has ours done since Saturday to promote UW to a bowl game?

Will San Doucher &/or Nevada travel more to a bowl game that UW? Does it depend on location?
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
calpoke25
A Real Cowboy

How many fans Wyoming May or May not bring really isn’t a relevant topic anymore in the world of bowl discussion. ESPN broadcasts them all, it’s all about who brings the most eye balls. Whether or not we’d being an extra 2K fans than SDSU or Nevada is mostly irrelevant given the market size differences.
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

J-Bone wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 6:18 pm
Lost Poke wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 4:24 pm
Publicly stating he has doubts indicates he isn't trying as hard as he should.
Burman pissed me off today because he...... ****SPINS THE WHEEL**** .... Doesn't provide transcript of conversations with Bowl Committees to quell my suspicions that he isn't working in Wyoming's best interest.

Gimme a break dude.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:00 pm How many fans Wyoming May or May not bring really isn’t a relevant topic anymore in the world of bowl discussion. ESPN broadcasts them all, it’s all about who brings the most eye balls. Whether or not we’d being an extra 2K fans than SDSU or Nevada is mostly irrelevant given the market size differences.
Hmmmm.

I would think butts-in-seats certainly has an impact still. Gate revenue & concessions / parking has to be a factor...or everything would just be PPV.

That said, does WYO bring more "eyeballs" to a bowl game than San Doucher &/or Nevada?
Dear Karma,

LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

McPeachy wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:20 pm
calpoke25 wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:00 pm How many fans Wyoming May or May not bring really isn’t a relevant topic anymore in the world of bowl discussion. ESPN broadcasts them all, it’s all about who brings the most eye balls. Whether or not we’d being an extra 2K fans than SDSU or Nevada is mostly irrelevant given the market size differences.
Hmmmm.

I would think butts-in-seats certainly has an impact still. Gate revenue & concessions / parking has to be a factor...or everything would just be PPV.

That said, does WYO bring more "eyeballs" to a bowl game than San Doucher &/or Nevada?
I would argue that it's about the same as far as 'eyeballs'. What we lack in market size we make up for with a far superior brand to those two schools. The Brown and Gold and iconic logo draw viewers. I'll search for the article, but ESPN loves our logo and colors.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 63 times
Been liked: 230 times

LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:39 pm
Hmmmm.

I'll search for the article, but ESPN loves our logo and colors.
Are you thinking of Ryan Russillo and SVP? If we don't get a bowl game, we can all blame the Jackson police department for arresting Russillo when he was naked and drunk last August :lol:
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

OrediggerPoke wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:43 pm
LanderPoke wrote: Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:39 pm
Hmmmm.

I'll search for the article, but ESPN loves our logo and colors.
Are you thinking of Ryan Russillo and SVP? If we don't get a bowl game, we can all blame the Jackson police department for arresting Russillo when he was naked and drunk last August :lol:
lol. I forgot they loved our helmet, too. No, it was during the JA hype craze.
Poke in New England
Cowpoke
Has liked: 16 times
Been liked: 78 times

McPeachy wrote: Wed Nov 21, 2018 11:55 am Read a Burman quote today, that there is a chance - even with finishing 6&6 we are left out of a bowl game (as we all knew / discussed). I thought that was interesting coming from the AD...kind of a give-up mentality. Then again, maybe he doesn't want an invite - it will increase his work load.
As has been pointed out the bowl process is ongoing and will be until the final decisions Sunday. Just because Burman was talking realistically about the situation doesn't mean that he isn't lobbying for the team privately right now or that he won't publicly.
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster

Poke in New England wrote: Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:26 pm
As has been pointed out the bowl process is ongoing and will be until the final decisions Sunday. Just because Burman was talking realistically about the situation doesn't mean that he isn't lobbying for the team privately right now or that he won't publicly.
poop. Again, if I were AD I would be riding this thing like you wouldn't believe. He isn't. Period.
Dear Karma,