I visited the CSU board earlier today

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 1 time

and they are in a bad way. They are blaming everyone in the world for their football program being in the gutter. LOL!
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 586 times
Been liked: 236 times

Do you think they'll fire Bobo and pay his massive buyout?
Last edited by LanderPoke on Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:02 pm Do you think they'll really fire Bobo and pay his massive buyout?
I don't know since Bobo has been sick since the start of the season. Seeing Bobo on the sidelines last night appeared that Bobo's heart was not in the game. Since he has been sick (and I don't wish that on anyone) he might get a pass.
wyohistoryguy
Buckaroo

On television it looked like Bobo was hurting just trying to walk - I feel bad for the guy. They may not have to pay him much to leave, looks like he might need to get out and find something less strenuous for his health.
Subcanis
A Real Cowboy

They cant afford to.
"I never saw a buckin' hoss to top Steamboat. Fact is, he was the closest thing to perpetual motion that ever wore hair. Few men could stand that kind of battering without bleeding from the nose, and most became nauseated as well. Ol' Steamboat put some of the toughest into the hospital for repairs."
BJC
A Real Cowboy

Wonder if he would agree to lower buyout due to illness....or how that looks with contract legality. I mean he makes enough to deal with all the negativity but have to feel for the guy dealing with health issues.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

I feel bad for Bobo. If he’s on his last legs I wouldn’t quit either, I’d want to make sure my family was set.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 pm and they are in a bad way. They are blaming everyone in the world for their football program being in the gutter. LOL!
True, they actually look for reasons. Wyo has been consistently beating CSU for a good while, however their fans aren't screaming to drop down to FCS, how hard it is to recruit to Fort Collins, and how hard it must be to build a program at CSU. Why is that?
I'm good for 3!
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm
CheyenneGunslinger wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:58 pm and they are in a bad way. They are blaming everyone in the world for their football program being in the gutter. LOL!
True, they actually look for reasons. Wyo has been consistently beating CSU for a good while, however their fans aren't screaming to drop down to FCS, how hard it is to recruit to Fort Collins, and how hard it must be to build a program at CSU. Why is that?
I was there earlier as well. Some are so arrogant to think they still have a chance to go to the Big 12 - like they really want them. Geez

Losers
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm I was there earlier as well. Some are so arrogant to think they still have a chance to go to the Big 12 - like they really want them. Geez

Losers
I'd much rather our fans be just that arrogant rather than listening to the whining about how we can never recruit to Laramie or how dropping to FCS would be a great idea. Of course they have no shot at the Big 12 but I give their athletic dept and administration credit for having that type of mentality.
I'm good for 3!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:05 pm
Poke-proud wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:35 pm I was there earlier as well. Some are so arrogant to think they still have a chance to go to the Big 12 - like they really want them. Geez

Losers
I'd much rather our fans be just that arrogant rather than listening to the whining about how we can never recruit to Laramie or how dropping to FCS would be a great idea. Of course they have no shot at the Big 12 but I give their athletic dept and administration credit for having that type of mentality.
Yep, I'd rather dream big than aim low. Giving up is the opposite of the American spirit.
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Asmodeanreborn wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:30 pm

Losers
Yep, I'd rather dream big than aim low. Giving up is the opposite of the American spirit.
There’s dreams - and delusion.
Wyokie
WyoNation Moderator
Has liked: 35 times
Been liked: 42 times

Dream - Wyoming winning a conference championship

Delusion - Wyoming beating Alabama 105-0...on National T.V....For the National Title...Which causes the SEC & Bama to drop football...Which causes celebrations throughout the rest of the country!!!!
I want CHAMPIONSHIPS not chicken poop! And we're getting chicken poop!!!!!!!!!!!
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Been liked: 23 times

Wyokie wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:40 pm Dream - Wyoming winning a conference championship

Delusion - Wyoming beating Alabama 105-0...on National T.V....For the National Title...Which causes the SEC & Bama to drop football...Which causes celebrations throughout the rest of the country!!!!
Yep, that's really what I want to see. A conference championship and a win in a bowl game over a ranked P5 team (while also being ranked top 25, obviously).
Poke-proud
Cowpoke

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Losers
and then there is reality.
BackHarlowRoad
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 4 times

I'd much rather our fans be just that arrogant rather than listening to the whining about how we can never recruit to Laramie
I don't know if it's whining so much as it is recognizing a challenge.
Yes, it is a struggle recruiting to Laramie. Does that mean we quit trying? Hell no.
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 13 times
Been liked: 16 times

Cornpoke wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:38 pm
Right? :tickedoff:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

:agree:

Losers
:agree:
"WE are the music makers and WE are the dreamers of the dreams." -Willy Wonka (Gene Wilder) Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
Wyovanian
WyoNation Addict

Poke-proud wrote: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 pm

Losers
Delusion works both ways...
CheyenneGunslinger
Ranch Hand

BackHarlowRoad wrote: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:02 am
I'd much rather our fans be just that arrogant rather than listening to the whining about how we can never recruit to Laramie
I don't know if it's whining so much as it is recognizing a challenge.
Yes, it is a struggle recruiting to Laramie. Does that mean we quit trying? Hell no.
Why is it a challenge to recruit to Laramie? Have any of you ever been to Clemson, SC? Laramie would make Clemson look like NYC. Same thing about Starkville, MS, there should be no reason for not wanting to play football in Laramie.