David Yost Utah State OC/QB coach

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

This guy is the answer. His resume is perfect for what Wyoming needs. Qb play and offense at D1 level. For a long time. Missouri, Washington st, Oregon, Utah state.

Put a huge dent in a division rival and fix yourself at the same time is perfect scenario in hiring right?

The Unifersity of Wyoming can strong arm Utah state financially can't they? And do you want bohl to hire this oc or do you want this oc taking bohls job?
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 8 times
Been liked: 8 times

Will never happen with Bohl as the head coach. The hurry-up offense alone is enough to make it a non-starter.
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

The guy who has no ties to Wyoming but who is an understudy of Dave Christensen is going to make a lateral move to be offensive coordinator at Wyoming and suddenly transform the team? Sure.

As has been mentioned, Gregg Brandon is the obvious choice if we make a complete change in offensive philosophy given his pedigree and ties to the University of Wyoming.
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord
Been liked: 31 times

Wasn't Gregg Brandon run out of town once before?
ImageImageImageImage
OrediggerPoke
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 52 times
Been liked: 213 times

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:43 pm Wasn't Gregg Brandon run out of town once before?
Yes by Christensen because he didn't 'bow down to him.'
ragtimejoe1
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 20 times
Been liked: 115 times

Joe Bleymaier
Kevin Carberry

Either for next "Josh Allen Director of Offense"
WYO1016 wrote: Fri Dec 08, 2023 8:10 am I'm starting to think that Burman has been laying the pipe to ragtimejoe1's wife
Insults are the last resort of fools with a crumbling position.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:43 pm Wasn't Gregg Brandon run out of town once before?
Similar to Arroyo, IIRC. Yknow, the guy that in the last few years has been OC for a top 5 offense (Oklahoma State) and currently is the lead recruiter with the #3 class in the country (Ducks)
WestWYOPoke
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 8 times

wyokoke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 7:29 pm
Similar to Arroyo, IIRC. Yknow, the guy that in the last few years has been OC for a top 5 offense (Oklahoma State) and currently is the lead recruiter with the #3 class in the country (Ducks)
Arroyo?! Holy hell, how short a memory do you have? If we get rid of Vigen only to plug Arroyo back in, it will be a massive screw up.

In summary, Vigen > Arroyo
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

WestWYOPoke wrote: Thu Oct 25, 2018 9:37 pm
Arroyo?! Holy hell, how short a memory do you have? If we get rid of Vigen only to plug Arroyo back in, it will be a massive screw up.

The offensive coordinator of the Oregon Ducks, who is averaging 39 points a game and the 16th best scoring offense in the country, would not be an upgrade over Vigen??
ImageImageImageImage
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

My crazy OC theory is that Mike Bobo is going to be the next OC. It just seems like he and Bohl are fairly close and his health is not very good right now. Taking a step back from being a head coach to be an OC would be right up his alley. Just a wild conspiracy I have.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:43 am My crazy OC theory is that Mike Bobo is going to be the next OC. It just seems like he and Bohl are fairly close and his health is not very good right now. Taking a step back from being a head coach to be an OC would be right up his alley. Just a wild conspiracy I have.
I would welcome that with open arms. Bobo is an all right guy
McPeachy
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 290 times
Been liked: 115 times

Arroyo is a much different coach than he was 10+ years ago.

Yes, he was a punk ass bitch when he was the QB coach here - no doubt - but he has been put through a lot (at a lot of different places), and has learned a lot since his few short years here with Dickface.

At this point, today, Vigen is 2% the OC that Arroyo is.
Dear Karma,

I have a list of people you missed...
Pokes fan 24-7
Ranch Hand
Has liked: 5 times
Been liked: 2 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:54 am
NebraskaCowboy wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:43 am My crazy OC theory is that Mike Bobo is going to be the next OC. It just seems like he and Bohl are fairly close and his health is not very good right now. Taking a step back from being a head coach to be an OC would be right up his alley. Just a wild conspiracy I have.
I agree. He runs a similar but more effective pro style offense than Vigen and he is good at recruiting stud WRs. That being said, if he goes back to being a coordinator I bet he heads back to the SEC.
Cornpoke
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

LanderPoke wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:54 am
I'd be all for getting Bobo as OC if he were to step away as a HC but UW would have to open up the checkbook.
I'm good for 3!
MrTitleist
WyoNation Overlord

Bobo ain't going anywhere as long as his buyout is as large as it is.
ImageImageImageImage
NebraskaCowboy
Ranch Hand

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 am Bobo ain't going anywhere as long as his buyout is as large as it is.
Have you watched a CSU game this year? He might be 44 but he moves around like he's 65 right now. You don't get healthy keeping your job as a D1 head coach. The issue in my opinion isn't the buyout, it's whether he is more worried about his health or if he is going to stick around and keep collecting a paycheck.
wyokoke
A Real Cowboy

Short enough to know he averages 40 a game now with the #3 recruiting class and had the 4? I believe Oklahoma State finished his last year there. Maybe I'm wrong but 40 a game and top 5 seems slightly better than bottom 5 and 15 ppg? Seems like that's slightly better
Coeur d' Alene
Cowpoke

And Wyoming can't go trying to hire a coach that works for Oregon. I am curious to opinions of whether Wyoming could pay substantially more than Utah state
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 584 times
Been liked: 236 times

Coeur d' Alene wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:15 pm And Wyoming can't go trying to hire a coach that works for Oregon. I am curious to opinions of whether Wyoming could pay substantially more than Utah state
I'm fairly certain we pay a lot better than Utah state. Utah state is rinky dink when it comes to salaries (and in general).
cali2wyo
A Real Cowboy

MrTitleist wrote: Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:21 am Bobo ain't going anywhere as long as his buyout is as large as it is.
At least not a school like Wyoming. Sure an SEC team could afford it, but why would they? Colorado State is considering changing their nicknames from the Rams to the 7-6er's