BENCH VANDER WAAL!

Everything Wyoming Cowboy and Mountain West football!
1tallpoke
Buckaroo

Chambers can pass. He doesn't call the plays. His coaches are slow in admitting they held they needed to go to him sooner. Dual Threat. Time to trust your athletes. Nothing to lose.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer
Has liked: 597 times
Been liked: 238 times

WyomingAg wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:40 pm
laxwyo wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:06 pm I don’t think anyone needs fired and anyone saying so is being too emotional. The think the New Mexico st game gave the staff too much confidence in TVW and they were late to recognize it’s not there, especially considering they really wanted to redshirt Chambers. Did they stick with TVW too long? Yes. Should we fire a coach after back to back bowl wins and then misjudging their QB? No
Back to back bowl games not wins. We lost 4 of the final 5 games including the bowl game 2 years ago. My reasoning for firing bohl and the offensive staff is because he is locked at the hip with Vigen. He has stayed with an inept offensive coaching staff for 5 years, refused to make changes nor step in, makes bad in game decisions or allows Vigen to make bad in game decisions, has totally wiffed on offensive recruiting and development on 90 percent of the offensive players and we are now in year 5 of his system so he can't put the blame on Christensen anymore.

If Bohl wont step in and make the changes needed, he needs to go
The offensive staff for sure should be gone. They have trotted out pure crap 4/5 years they’ve been here. They suck

Get someone in here to bring along chambers that can actually run an offense.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

J-Rod wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:22 pm It was weird how Bohl protected Chambers, as if he's a liability throwing the ball. Could have fooled me, he looks no worse than Tyler throwing the ball.
Concur. Why does TVW throw it so dang hard all the time? He must have learned that from JA. He throws it hard and is inaccurate. At least JA was accurate
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 3 times
Been liked: 34 times

LanderPoke wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 9:48 pm
J-Rod wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:22 pm It was weird how Bohl protected Chambers, as if he's a liability throwing the ball. Could have fooled me, he looks no worse than Tyler throwing the ball.
Concur. Why does TVW throw it so dang hard all the time? He must have learned that from JA. He throws it hard and is inaccurate. At least JA was accurate
Allen was a 56% passer. That’s not accurate, especially in college where guys routinely complete 70% of their passes.
Dankohner
Buckaroo

bladerunnr wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 4:52 pm
Dankohner wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 3:46 pm Vander Waal is pure garbage! WTF was Bohl thinking putting him in with 2:00 to go. Three dropped passes that should never been thrown and then another dropped pass that should have been caught! Bench him immediately!
What are you talking about? The first pass was thrown directly to a USU lineman. And the 2 other passes were thrown so far behind the receiver that they were uncatchable - especially the 4th down pass to Conway. And calling a college kid pure garbage is pathetic. We don't need fans like you.
Explain it to me how you throw 4 passes with less then 2 minutes to go and not complete one. He actually threw one of those at a defense player. COME ON. The QB is the leader on the field and 1 f-ing touchdown in three games how is that not garbage. He is inept and does not need to be playing. What would you call it. For the coaching staff not to recognize it is unbelievable.
POKE FAN
WyoNation Addict

SDPokeFan wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 11:44 pm
Allen was a 56% passer. That’s not accurate, especially in college where guys routinely complete 70% of their passes.
Was that necessarily an accuracy issue or possibly the fact that Josh's pocket would collapse almost immediately when he took a snap? Rypien (who's currently throwing at a 67% clip, but couldn't hold Josh's jock) stood flat-footed in the pocket for easily 5-6 seconds on most throwing attempts against lowly CSU. It's easy to look like an All-American QB when you have all day to throw. Josh didn't have that luxury a lot of the time at UW.
LanderPoke
WyoNation Lifer

POKE FAN wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:39 am
Was that necessarily an accuracy issue or possibly the fact that Josh's pocket would collapse almost immediately when he took a snap? Rypien (who's currently throwing at a 67% clip, but couldn't hold Josh's jock) stood flat-footed in the pocket for easily 5-6 seconds on most throwing attempts against lowly CSU. It's easy to look like an All-American QB when you have all day to throw. Josh didn't have that luxury a lot of the time at UW.
don’t try to talk actual football to sdpokes
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

LanderPoke wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 9:47 am
So now 56% is accurate. You truly live in your own fantasy world.
aranderson
Cowpoke
Been liked: 1 time

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:31 pm
Dude where the hell do your sour grapes come from? You have absolutely nothing good to say about anything. Why are you here other than to piss people off? I've noticed over the last 5 years you have not had one positive post on this board. Go the hell away.
ELKMT
A Real Cowboy
Been liked: 6 times

56% is accurate when your are throwing on 3-7 because the first two plays were up the middle into a stacked box.
johnywyo
Ranch Hand
Been liked: 1 time

I could give a rip about how knowledgeable a quarterback is on the two minute drill. The guy has not competed effectively since the minute donning the cowboy uniform. Bench his ass, and let’s bring the hope of an athletic leader like Chapman. Nothing personal but TVW is missing the “it” factor to inspire confidence on this team. Chambers should get 70% of reps on out. The thought of continuing with any other strategy is delusional.
Adv8RU12
WyoNation Addict
Been liked: 5 times

Don't bench TVW. The season is already wasted. Play Chambers just enough not to loose red shirt. Let TVW realize that unless he does a Nico over the break he will be second or third string next year (unless Bohl leaves his head in his ass)
laxwyo
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 134 times
Been liked: 142 times

We should definitely be looking at ways not to lose his redshirt. If we lose to CSU, it’s an easy decision to keep his redshirt. But what if by some miracle we are 5-6 heading into the last game and he’s played in his fourth game? It’s not really fair to the seniors not to play him.
W-Y, Until I Die!
Kougar78
Ranch Hand

I don't think anyone in the stands expected Chambers to have a game winning drive, but all of us expected him to get a chance at one. Fans in my section couldn't believe TVW came in after sitting for an hour.

I don't think we've won four of our last games in 20 years and can't imagine it happening this year, so no bowl game. Even if we did, there's already 5-6 teams from MW that will be eligible who should have better records than us at end of season.

What's a coach to do? If I see Chambers as a real talent and my future starter - then I play him last three games and save redshirt? But, considering I can't recall a 4 year starter in my 30 plus years of watching them play - I start him at CSU and if he is competitive - then I finish out year with him and let him know he's my starter going into next season.
SDPokeFan
WyoNation Addict

aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 pm
Dude where the hell do your sour grapes come from? You have absolutely nothing good to say about anything. Why are you here other than to piss people off? I've noticed over the last 5 years you have not had one positive post on this board. Go the hell away.
Sorry, 56% completion percentage is Drew Brees/Tom Bradyesque. Better?
307bball
WyoNation Addict
Has liked: 14 times
Been liked: 61 times

SDPokeFan wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:51 pm
aranderson wrote: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:41 pm
Sorry, 56% completion percentage is Drew Brees/Tom Bradyesque. Better?
Geez SD ... quit ignoring the effing obvious context around completion percentages. You can have a problem with Allen completing only 56% and still have a cogent argument ... you just can't ignore OBVIOUS degree of difficulty in certain settings.
Vt poke
Ranch Hand

Bingo! JA’s sophomore year he had a decent line with Rouillier, but made it happen with a great with Hill, Gentry and Hollister to play catch with. A good majority of his passes were school yard get open type passes. Last year our offense was offensive. Terrible. No pass protection no running game, and his receivers couldn’t catch a cold! More of the same this year, but TVW isn’t the same threat as Josh was. Chambers showed that he can keep him honest with his feet. If Chambers can be an average pocket passer, we have ourselves a QB for 4 years
ItSucksToBeACSURam
WyoNation Addict

Damn... He's not accurate? You should tell the bevy of NFL scouts who were drooling all over him...
Asmodeanreborn
Bronco-Buster
Has liked: 1 time
Been liked: 23 times

ItSucksToBeACSURam wrote: Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:47 am
Damn... He's not accurate? You should tell the bevy of NFL scouts who were drooling all over him...
Almost like it matters what team/offense you play for. Derek Anderson's completion percentage with Cleveland was like 50%, then with Carolina, it suddenly jumped to 67%... and now with Buffalo yesterday, he may have had 64% completions, but he also had 3 interceptions and 0 TD throws. :P

I don't think ANYBODY could possibly have a good completion percentage in our current offense. Look, when almost all your throws happen on third and long and the defense is anticipating exactly where the ball is going (the sidelines, short of the sticks), your passing stats are not going to be the deed.